The Three Stooges Trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's true. Why would anyone want to watch a fake Muppet film when there are loads of real ones?

Muppets died with Henson.

I've seen all the original Stoogies shorts and movies. I admit it, the trailer made me chuckle. The mannerisms were there and so were the slapstick jokes.

The nun was hawt too.

It is the Farrelly Borthers like mentioned earlier and they're no slouches. The good thing is that you have two guys who have respect for the Three Stooges franchise working on it not just some hack.
On the flipside it is a classics franchise and just because it's the Farrelly's doesn't mean it's any good. I mean Gus Van Sant did remake Psycho and all.

img1th89.jpg

you can never replace these highly refined distinguished gentleman.....:lecture

:exactly:

That is right!!!

It's true. Why would anyone want to watch a fake Muppet film when there are loads of real ones?

You make a fair point. Having said that, I'm a Muppets fan that has hated nearly every post-Henson Muppet movie/show, and I thought the new movie was very good at what it was trying to do, and was deserving of its gaudy Rotten Tomatoes score. But Henson-era Muppets it was not.

It is the Farrelly Borthers like mentioned earlier and they're no slouches. The good thing is that you have two guys who have respect for the Three Stooges franchise working on it not just some hack.
I suspect the trailer is a bit deceptive. The Farrelly Brothers do outlandish, gross-out humor of course, but they do it well, and this trailer doesn't feel like a well crafted gross-out comedy. It feels like Nutty Professor or the Adam Sandler twin movie. The producers are probably trying to market this to those audiences, while the movie will probably be better than that. I've never been a huge Three Stooges fan, but may check it out just because it is the Farrelly Bros.

Last edited:
Will there be crippled, and mentally challanged people in this film? And will the entire plot almost be about them?

Wow, I'm actually looking forward to this. I watched the hell out of the Three Stooges when I was a kid, stuff still cracks me up.

I'd rather go to the theatre and see 90 minutes of old Stooges films.... on the plus side, that nun in the swimsuit is smoking hot... (OMG, I'm going to hell after writing that)

The nun was the only thing I liked about that trailer. There's really no need for this. The trailer makes it look like the worst thing since Baby's Day Out.

I'd rather go to the theatre and see 90 minutes of old Stooges films.... on the plus side, that nun in the swimsuit is smoking hot... (OMG, I'm going to hell after writing that)
LOL I think we are all going to hell, but the people that made this will go first LOL (there are sexy nun costumes in halloween always, so people finding nuns sexy are plenty :lol)

That's pretty much what I expect also but you have to keep in mind that it is a Farrelly Brothers film.

Yeah this makes me wonder about this, and confusing, because the trailer looked awful, but again i always like the Farrelly brothers movies, so I don't know what to think
That was awful...
I'm surprised Martin Lawrence isn't on it...

:rotfl

I've seen all the original Stoogies shorts and movies. I admit it, the trailer made me chuckle. The mannerisms were there and so were the slapstick jokes.

The nun was hawt too.

Super hawt! :lecture We need to google her.

You had to see this coming once Disney bought the rights. I noticed a ton of Muppet products and signage at Dinseyland last month; they have every intention of bringing them back into the spot light.

I'm alright with this Stooges reboot.... What ever happened to Sean Penn as Larry? Was I on crack when I heard that rumor a couple years ago? Maybe he's too busy railing Scarlett... I know I'd be.

:rolleyes2
Yeah, why keep making Disney movies if Walt is gone?...
Why keep making Bond ones if Fleming is gone?...
Or Superman comics/movies, or Dracula for that matter?...

Before he died, Henson was gonna sell the Muppets to Disney anyway...
even if he was alive, Disney would be in charge of the Muppets...

They've done terrible things with them but this new movie is great...

You make a fair point. Having said that, I'm a Muppets fan that has hated nearly every post-Henson Muppet movie/show, and I thought the new movie was very good at what it was trying to do, and was deserving of its gaudy Rotten Tomatoes score. But Henson-era Muppets it was not.

:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

You had to see this coming once Disney bought the rights. I noticed a ton of Muppet products and signage at Dinseyland last month; they have every intention of bringing them back into the spot light.

Yep, about time I say!
They've been sitting on the license for years...

I'm alright with this Stooges reboot.... What ever happened to Sean Penn as Larry? Was I on crack when I heard that rumor a couple years ago? Maybe he's too busy railing Scarlett... I know I'd be.

He dropped out... and judging by what we can see, I don't say I blame him... Jim Carrey was on board too and also dropped out...
that should tell you something...
:lol

Casting looks very well done... i know its not the same as the original and might be kinda bad in alot of ways... but im kinda happy that another generation will be exposed to them

Back