The Three Amigos! McFarlane, Aoshima and NECA aliens review!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, there is another forthcoming Alien figure that could be really stunning.

The Revoltech one...

The whole style of the McFarlane one goes contrary to my perception of how the Alien in the first film acts as well. The McFarlane one has the tail jutting out, claws slashing, mouth "roaring" at whatever it's attacking, just like the later portrayal of the Aliens by the time you get to Resurrection as "Velociraptors in Space". I hate that direction for the Aliens' design.

In contrast, the Alien in the first film was graceful, quiet, weird, inquisitive, and determined. It doesn't stalk about making loads of noise and acting like a dinosaur. When it attacks Lambert, it stands in front of her, looking almost fascinated by what it's about to kill, and it doesn't "roar" at people like the McFarlane one seems to be doing. When it kills Parker, it just grabs him, and moves slowly and steadily towards his face, until try as he might Parker just can't keep it at bay, and it get close enough to strike.

The McFarlane Alien sucks, in short. ;)

You know, I think there's a good chance we might see more figures of the Alien franchise from NECA.
This figure seems to be selling really well.

"Velociraptors in space" LOL! I love that! Can I use it?

Feel free!

You know what I mean though, about Alien Resurrection? You could just replace the Aliens with Jurassic Park Velociraptors, and barely notice the difference. A real bum steer for the design, in my opinion.

Whereas the Alien in the first film is just...weird! Alien, in fact. It makes really weird noises, moves strangely, and seems to be part machine (the metal teeth etc). The Biomechanical stuff was really to the fore, and it made for something truly special.

I guess I can understand where you're coming from. It is true that the concept of the Xenomorph changed drastically from Alien to Aliens. It was a stand alone creature in the first movie. Like you said graceful, quiet, and very intelligent. Its had a more sense of self and self preservation. Maybe that's how they act without a queen? And in Alien, they were more wild and reptilian like with a hive mentality. I actually watched the second one more times than the first so it stuck with me more.

Back