Will/Should Hot Toys Expand into 1:12 Scale?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the only thing that would happen is all cool licences blocked off and no figures made, except for those marvel/star wars feces for and by mentally retarded, of course.

It's funny actually - today I would get excited over an announcement that Hot Toys was losing licences (or relinquishing them). How things have changed. :lol

I would say NO to this. Hopefully Mezco has secured all the licensing for Marvel and DC for 1:12 scale...they are doing an excellent job at what they have released thus far.

The 'big announcement' is likely hype for hype's sake...

I would say NO to this. Hopefully Mezco has secured all the licensing for Marvel and DC for 1:12 scale...they are doing an excellent job at what they have released thus far.

Mezco has those in 1/12 licenses, but not exclusive as so do Bandai and Mafex and Figma. Mafex seems to only have the US license for DC though and not Marvel. I don't think Figma hasn't released anything in the US for Marvel or DC.

The only license that seems to be exclusive in 1/12 is Hasbro's Star Wars. The Marvel license is behind an $80 pay wall.

1/12 seems unlikely to me as well. No interest even if it happens. I already have most of the figures I want in 1/6 anyway. Time to start slowing down, not starting over.

Meh.....I wasn't impressed with The Bat nor the figures it came with it for the price point. A very average release imo. Not that I expect it to happen, they'd have a ways to go....

They absolutely should and I hope they do. Mezco is the only company real company seriously exploring this style and they are starting to slum it pretty hard these days (as much as I like what they are doing). They need some actual competition or they are never going to improve in any meaningful way and Hot Toys can absolutely bring that. Also, Mezco's strength is in their comic based figures - their movie ones have really weak likeness and have largely been pretty disappointing (outside of Frankenstein). Hot Toys can really leverage their skills with movie figure likenesses in that area. As long as they keep the prices in the same range as Mez is (80-100 depending on the figure) I don't see a problem.

Besides a 1/12 Hot Toys Darth Vader & Boba Fett would be frigging amazing and I don't see Mez ever getting the SW license. Plus, people need to stop thinking of those figures for 'The Bat' as what they would do in this scale - those were glorified accessories and we're not even done in the mixed media style they usually implement.

I definitely would love to have some 1/12 HT figures if they were better than what's currently in the market. The 1/12 scale is improving at an amazing pace, and I'm sure that we will see wonders soon, be it Hot Toys or other companies.

I wouldn't complain so long as the quality is an improvement over their Batman and Catwoman 1/12 figures. I'd really like to see some Star Wars figures in that scale with soft goods.

If not that I hope they're going to announce some interesting new licenses. Going all in on Harry Potter would be a fantastic start.

Sorry to double post this but...

Here is a link to Monkey Depots 1/12 scale section. These are not Mezco bulky out of scale figures, and most are $100 dollars or less. https://www.monkeydepot.com/category_s/294.htm

Here are a few examples of what caught my eye

View attachment 438906View attachment 438911View attachment 438912View attachment 438913

Wow. Those are much nicer and more detailed than I thought. I also looked up Mezco. https://www.mezcotoyz.com/one-12-collective. I never paid much attention to them, because I guess the name sounded too much like Mego. Who knows what HT is planning to announce (or if there will be an announcement at all), but if they are planning to jump into 1:12 scale with their heavy hitter licenses, and raise the bar, it will be a game changer. But again, I don't see them abandoning or scaling back on 1:6 to do so.

hoo boy, $100 or more for something that small? I can't even bring myself to do it. These days I find the 1/6-scale overpriced on most pieces.

Now if they went the other direction and did a shogun warrior-sized release for some of their figures, that would be pretty cool. Pricey, but cool.

Big no to the idea of 1/12th scale hot toys. I think Mezco stuff costs way too much for what they are. Hot toys would probably look better but costs just as much or more.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Still no word on what this major announcement actually is?

Back