The THING Problems Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Hope he does turn up o.k. Shell, but I've got a feeling that he may have the broken leg syndrome like mine and a few others.

I've looked at mine and I could glue it back, you wouldn't see it as it's under the pants, but to be hhonest I don't see why I should do that after spending almost $400 to get the sucker to the UK!

Yeah i know , I think my total was $411, so like you say whey should we spend money like that for a defective item.

Fingers and toes crossed mine will be okay but if its not, its even gonna cost me more because I don't have a Digi camera to send them pics.I'll have to buy one.
I rarely buy direct from Sideshow because of things like breakages/their QC etc, but I had to with this so I could get the Exclusive version.
I'm gonna have to start praying until he arrives.

You go for the replacement pal, you shouldnt pay good money for a broken one
x :duff

Yeah i know , I think my total was $411, so like you say whey should we spend money like that for a defective item.

Fingers and toes crossed mine will be okay but if its not, its even gonna cost me more because I don't have a Digi camera to send them pics.I'll have to buy one.
I rarely buy direct from Sideshow because of things like breakages/their QC etc, but I had to with this so I could get the Exclusive version.
I'm gonna have to start praying until he arrives.

You go for the replacement pal, you shouldnt pay good money for a broken one
x :duff

Thanks Shell, Iknow it's gonna be months before the replacement arrives though....*sigh*

really hope yours turns up o.k :winner

Good luck Shell, here's hoping yours will be fine....I just wonder if they'd be able to send us replacement torsos?

You never know pal, its just such a damn shame that your gonna have to wait again now, for it to be replaced that is.As if waiting for it in the first place once ordered isnt frustrating enough.
Hope they sort it out okay for you
xx

Thanks Shell, Iknow it's gonna be months before the replacement arrives though....*sigh*

really hope yours turns up o.k :winner

Thanks buddy.
Just this morning I was talking to Mike Richards who was telling me how big the box is,I dont have Hulk so I had no idea and he said the box is bigger than the SSW Cavetroll box and I was like :google but excited to see Mr Grimm in all his glory.
Now I see this thread and although I may be lucky and get a good one, i'm a little nervous now.

Hope they help you get another okay
xx :D

Lonnie's right. Just ask for a replacement.

SS will even pay for the return shipping.

This is why I almost ALWAYS buy direct from SS.

Their CS is #1 :rock

...too bad their QC isn't. :monkey3

He's right! My original Darkness showed up damaged so i sent it back for replacement. They sent me a new minty fresh one and a box of free sandwiches........GOLD SANDWICHES! SIDESHOW #1 BEST COMPANY!!!!

Thanks buddy.
Just this morning I was talking to Mike Richards who was telling me how big the box is,I dont have Hulk so I had no idea and he said the box is bigger than the SSW Cavetroll box and I was like :google but excited to see Mr Grimm in all his glory.
Now I see this thread and although I may be lucky and get a good one, i'm a little nervous now.

Hope they help you get another okay
xx :D

the box is huge!

it's about 73cm high, 59 cm wide, and 59 cm deep!!

...much like Massf, I actually opened mine the wrong way around without realising, though that wouldn't make any difference as there seems to be no kind of solid protection around his legs.

I am going to open mine soon. What's the wrong way to open? I always open with SS logo pointing up.

I am going to open mine soon. What's the wrong way to open? I always open with SS logo pointing up.

Always open with the Sideshow Logo facing up pointing towards you. :D

If you want to review the wrong way to open a collectible just view P!tu's videos. He is infamous for doing it the wrong way. :lol

I love the way that the rep I send my problems too started her e-mail with "Holy cow" :) Sent the pic of the damage today will hopefully get a reply next week as I'm sure will you Mass.

Well, should get my grail in the next 2 weeks so that'll make up for my complete disappointment this year so far.

I love the way that the rep I send my problems too started her e-mail with "Holy cow" :) Sent the pic of the damage today will hopefully get a reply next week as I'm sure will you Mass.

Well, should get my grail in the next 2 weeks so that'll make up for my complete disappointment this year so far.

unless it arrives broken. :monkey4:monkey2

Hope so!, hoping to hear something on Tuesday

what's your grail piece?

nice. A friend of mine got that a few months back and I have to say, it looks first class close up!

Always lay the box on the ground and open the top so the flap is flat on the ground also . .

Then walk around to the bottom of the package and kick it as hard as you can until it starts to come out the other end . . .

Once the statue in the foam case is out of the box . . . set the top of the Styrofoam on fire until it reveals your statue . . . Make sure you do this inside so you don't start a forest fire . . .

their QC maybe be horrible but calm DOWN , because you will be dealing with the best CS in the industry. SO TAKE A CHILL PILL !!!!

Back