The THING Problems Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got my replacement today, and it's pretty decent. much better than the first one they sent.

If it were a $10 action figure, sure, but no way am I gonna modify/correct an obvious defect on a $300+ statue.

it may be the only way to go. I had the same problem with my grey Hulk, opened it to look at to make sure it wasn't damaged, but never displayed it because I was moving house. When I went to put that sucker on the base I found that the pegs didn't match up to the holes. By then the only alternative was a refund, or to get the power drill out and make a new hole.

Never sweat so much in all my life drilling that hole, but I have it on display now and you'd never know.....

Hey Massf, hope you get your Thing OK, I did but received a nasty surprise today...a bill from FedEx for £42.44 for VAT and duty.....there's no way in hell I'm paying that for a replacement item.

Well, I shipped my THING EXC PF back today; hope the wait for a replacement isn't too long! :monkey2

Got The Thing Ex. yesterday, and I really like it. I'm not a Grimm fan, and not a real FF fan either. But from a visual point of view, The Thing has always been one of my favorite Marvel designs, so I'm happy to finally have a descend representation of the guy. He's big and heavy, but somehow not as impressive as the PF (Grey) Hulk I think. But together, they are complete! Yes, that was an other reason why I got the Thing, to pair it with my Hulk. I had a few issue's though. There where small paint chips here and there. And it was not easy to get him on the base - looks like I'm not the only one with a base/peg problem. The left leg seams to flaot a bit over the base, as if the peg is a bit to long. Besides that, he stands a bit wobbly on the base. You can push him back and forth a little. While the exclusive head fits perfectly, there's a huge color contrast between the normal head and the body...
The box is HUGE, just like the Hulk PF box, so I am afraid this is one of the last items I can stack in my place. I'm seriously running out of room!
It seems as if there are always issues with the SSC PF's. Why can't SSC get the quality control under control?? I own about six PF's and all but one or two had minor issues. Be it problems with fitting them on the base, or small paint chips. Face it, the PF's aren't exactly cheap, so I think we can expect them to be perfect.

I want one of these EX Thing PF and was about to order one when I decided to read more about it. Do you think SS looked through these remaining Thing PFs to check on their quality or do you think there is a chance I may get one of the bad ones that some of you returned?

BB

I want one of these EX Thing PF and was about to order one when I decided to read more about it. Do you think SS looked through these remaining Thing PFs to check on their quality or do you think there is a chance I may get one of the bad ones that some of you returned?
BB

you'd most likely get one that hasn't been opened yet, unless them have all been sold already. then i would think you'd get a fixed one, possibly one that had minor paint flaw or something like that. what's left over at that point will either get destroyed to make the es total correct. or some may end up been offered for sale as small damages like the captain america was a couple weeks ago, or also they could end up making another variant like the international/modern thing

How do they go about "fixing" these? They don't send them back to manufacturer (China?) do they? Is there an "artist-in-residence" to correct paint problems? Thanks for any info. I'm getting Thor and thought I better pick this one up soon. I think I'll love this if there is no paint issues.

BB

How do they go about "fixing" these? They don't send them back to manufacturer (China?) do they? Is there an "artist-in-residence" to correct paint problems? Thanks for any info. I'm getting Thor and thought I better pick this one up soon. I think I'll love this if there is no paint issues.

BB

i think that alot of the paint issues really aren't a fault with the paint. it's mostly to do with people not happy with the finished color scheme, like to much red or to little detail etc. some people may be just a little to fussy, but that been said, if you spend almost $400 on a statue i guess you can be.

now with mine, i liked the paint and finish, though i have seen some that are way more red than mine. so alot of it is just a matter of personal preference.
if your looking for one, if you watch the bay for an actual live auction (not buyit now or reserve) they are going really cheap right now. you shouldn't have to pay more than $200, hell one last week sold for like $125 i believe.

Back