The THING Problems Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oat Willy

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm starting this thread for myself and others to discuss any problems they have encountered with their THING statues.

Just got mine today and the biggest problem with it is there are many spots where the paint was poorly applied and the dark gray polystone is completely showing through. The worst areas are his fists, and under his arms, around the armpit area. There are a couple dings/paint chips where it looks like someone bumped into walls and doorways while carrying it. And finally, the base doesn't sit completely flat...it rocks back and forth a bit.

Is this the case with everyone's, or did I just get a bad one?

postpics.gif

:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Instead of starting a thread, why don't you just request an exchange? I have had several pieces come in with problems, and have always been treated nicely and gotten my exchange without any hassles; sometimes they request pictures. I've even gone through three different Premium Format figures before, before getting a good one. Sideshow will treat you right, so why start a thread complaining about it? Really, I'm just curious...

Instead of starting a thread, why don't you just request an exchange? I have had several pieces come in with problems, and have always been treated nicely and gotten my exchange without any hassles; sometimes they request pictures. I've even gone through three different Premium Format figures before, before getting a good one. Sideshow will treat you right, so why start a thread complaining about it? Really, I'm just curious...
:lecture :lecture :lecture

Exactly.

You know the answer. +++++ing and complaining is a lot easier than doing something about it

Lonnie's right. Just ask for a replacement.

SS will even pay for the return shipping.

This is why I almost ALWAYS buy direct from SS.

Their CS is #1 :rock

...too bad their QC isn't. :monkey3

I've also had only a minor problem with a figure and Sideshow sent me a brand new one without any hassle. They are the one company I know of that really cares about its customers and guarantees satisfaction!

Instead of starting a thread, why don't you just request an exchange? so why start a thread complaining about it? Really, I'm just curious...

I want to see how common the problem is so I can decide what I want from Sideshow. If it's uncommon, I want an exchange. If it's common, a refund. This thread will help others see the scope of the problem and help them to guage what they want to do

If only all stores and companies were like Sideshow we would all be living the high life because Walgreen's just isn't cutting it.:D

I want to see how common the problem is so I can decide what I want from Sideshow. If it's uncommon, I want an exchange. If it's common, a refund. This thread will help others see the scope of the problem and help them to guage what they want to do

I would say, if you are not happy is what matters. Request an exchange, if it is no better, then you can try one last time or request a refund. It is you that ultimately has to like the statue.

Wow. Problems with the THING too? Mine just came yesterday and is flawless.... :confused:

Just looked it over....no gray spots like yours and what is the red line? I don't see any red....:confused:

Just looked it over....no gray spots like yours and what is the red line? I don't see any red....:confused:

they used a pinkish orange color to shade some spots, like under the arms etc. some have complained they overdid it. mine doesn't have that problem but i've seen pics of some that look pretty bad.

Didn't see it just now but I guess I'll have to take a better look later on.

Sorry to hear this, but:

I ALSO HAD THE SAME PROBLEM!!! UNPAINTED PORTIONS (MAINLY THE CRACKS) ON THE THING, VERY POOR QUALITY CONTROL. YOU CAN EASILY SEE THE GREY OF THE POLYSTONE UNDERNEATH. YOU CAN VIEW MY IMAGES IN THE 5-7 DAY THREAD NOTICE.

Return it man, either get a exchange, or like me get a refund.....

Back