The THING Problems Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just looked it over....no gray spots like yours and what is the red line? I don't see any red....:confused:

The gray spots are within the cracks...like the paint didn't get all the way in and didn't coat the polystone.

Dang...those paint flaws look bad.

mine's not just the cracks. there are unpainted spots all over the place. the worst one has a big brush-streak through it

mine's not just the cracks. there are unpainted spots all over the place. the worst one has a big brush-streak through it

Yes I noticed that, yours looks worse than mine. But besides the paint flaws, I was very disappointed with the piece, the quality of material used felt and "sounding" (when I knocked on it) to be very cheap, I was expecting the Thing to have the feel and weight of the Hulk.....here is an example....

If you take a rock hammer and chip off a piece of the Thing PF I bet it will be a dull feeling material....if you chip off a piece of the Hulk PF the piece would be a sharper piece that you could easily cut skin with.....Do you understand my concept of the difference in the formula for materials used? I like that heavier sharper more glass like material of the Hulk, rather than the dull almost soapstone type material that the Thing appears to be made out of, doesn't feel like I got my $380 (w/ shipping) worth at all............

:monkey3

yeah I can understand. Mine was only $270 shipped because I used up a bunch of points. If it had been full price I'd be more upset about it. I do like the way it looks in my room (which is dimly lit so you can't see the flaws)

yeah I can understand. Mine was only $270 shipped because I used up a bunch of points. If it had been full price I'd be more upset about it. I do like the way it looks in my room (which is dimly lit so you can't see the flaws)

Yeah man, if you really like the piece then I would go ahead and get a replacement. I would ask sideshow to inspect the replacement though before they ship it to you. Let us know what you decide to do though. :)

didn't even unwrap mine fully.

Saw this:

IMG_0469.jpg

and didn't bother checking the rest.

is it me, or is the left leg completely un-supported in the packaging??

Mine was the same Massf, leg snapped at the thigh joint.....absolutely ++++ing sick to death of everything I order from SS being broken.....really am so glad that I only have a couple of things left on order from them as I think I'll be just buying from the secondary market from now on :monkey2

Last edited by a moderator:
Instead of starting a thread, why don't you just request an exchange? I have had several pieces come in with problems, and have always been treated nicely and gotten my exchange without any hassles; sometimes they request pictures. I've even gone through three different Premium Format figures before, before getting a good one. Sideshow will treat you right, so why start a thread complaining about it? Really, I'm just curious...

maybe he wanted to see if his problem was isolated or if the problem was widespread. and from seeing these pics, a valid reason to start a thread like this.

i'm sure he will be contacting cs for a replacement. i smell a bit of 'homerism' lonnie. :lol

Man first the Stealth Iron Man and now this one. I hope this isn't going to fly over to the other lines/pieces.

secondary market for me also man....let my local comic shop deal with the return BS! I see the one I am buying live when I walk in and get to judge it right there! Sorry SS but your QC blows! makes me very nervous about buying the Ironman 1/1

didn't even unwrap mine fully.

Saw this:

IMG_0469.jpg

and didn't bother checking the rest.

is it me, or is the left leg completely un-supported in the packaging??

Oh that sux Mass, and you too Al.
I'm starting to be a little scared of mine arriving now.
Please be okay, please be okay.....
x

maybe he wanted to see if his problem was isolated or if the problem was widespread. and from seeing these pics, a valid reason to start a thread like this.

i'm sure he will be contacting cs for a replacement. i smell a bit of 'homerism' lonnie. :lol

Maybe, but again, I will state that if he (not the rest of the crowd) doesn't like it, then he should get an exchange or refund. Threads like this have a place at times if unable to determine if something is a flaw, and I suppose he might have been undecided if what he had gotten was flawed, but if he is as unhappy as he sounds, then I would think he would just ask for a replacement, no matter what everyone else's looks like. Again, not knocking the thread, but was just curious is all. Hey, now that I think about it, I've done a thread just like this for the White Queen and John Wayne, so I've done it too. :D

Mine arrives today. Here's to hoping he's in one piece with a good paint job.

Oh that sux Mass, and you too Al.
I'm starting to be a little scared of mine arriving now.
Please be okay, please be okay.....
x

I Hope he does turn up o.k. Shell, but I've got a feeling that he may have the broken leg syndrome like mine and a few others.

I've looked at mine and I could glue it back, you wouldn't see it as it's under the pants, but to be hhonest I don't see why I should do that after spending almost $400 to get the sucker to the UK!

OUCH!! :sick

It hurts my heart to see that Mass, I am truly sorry bro. :monkey2

thanks dude

truth be told I was bracing myself for a damaged piece as I've had so many recently. Still hurt to see it damaged when I opened it though.

I've still to open my AH Black Cat statue, so I may have a pleasant surprise and find that one in one piece! :rotfl

Mine was the same Massf, leg snapped at the thigh joint.....absolutely ++++ing sick to death of everything I order from SS being broken.....really am so glad that I only have a couple of things left on order from them as I think I'll be just buying from the secondary market from now on :monkey2

++++ you Sideshow, ++++ you very much :emperor

carusoiy6.gif

There was a point when I was in the same position as you- everything I bought from SS came in flawed or broken. I just limited my buying and I am fine now. SS has great customer service but their QC leaves a lot to be desired. I also am a huge fan of their products but if I can't get one in good shape then there is no point.

Since joining I've bought the second X-men dio (White Queen's hair fractured), the Black Cat comiquette (paint chip on front), the SIM (well....you can guess) and finally The Thing EX PFF...leg snapped off, I'll probably take a pic at some point, I'll need to for the replacement (hopefully), much like Massf, I actually opened mine the wrong way around without realising, though that wouldn't make any difference as there seems to be no kind of solid protection around his legs.

I have the 3rd EX X-Men dio. en route and I dread to think what's going to be wrong with it, Wolverine's claws broken, maybe the EX one will be snapped in half? Might as well gear up myself for some bloody disappointment now :emperor

Oh and Massf mine had the back leg damaged....together we have a Thing that's been visited by Kathy Bates.

Since joining I've bought the second X-men dio (White Queen's hair fractured), the Black Cat comiquette (paint chip on front), the SIM (well....you can guess) and finally The Thing EX PFF...leg snapped off, I'll probably take a pic at some point, I'll need to for the replacement (hopefully), much like Massf, I actually opened mine the wrong way around without realising, though that wouldn't make any difference as there seems to be no kind of solid protection around his legs.

I have the 3rd EX X-Men dio. en route and I dread to think what's going to be wrong with it, Wolverine's claws broken, maybe the EX one will be snapped in half? Might as well gear up myself for some bloody disappointment now :emperor

Oh and Massf mine had the back leg damaged....together we have a Thing that's been visited by Kathy Bates.

It happens... for years, I never received a damaged Sideshow piece, then it started and I received several pieces that had to be replaced, and now, it has been a while since I had to get a replacement. It is just bad luck in most cases (not counting things like the SIM issues) and you might start getting ones that don't need to be replaced. Also, the extra shipping to the EU might make it worse for you guys...

Good luck and hopefully your damages will decrease soon.

Damn Massf, that is horrible. Sorry to see that happen, but it just reinforces a point for myself. All previous products I received from Sideshow when I started getting Sideshow products in '06 were fine. But it seems like in '07-'08 that quality has really gone downhill in different ways.

Back