The Thing (2011)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. We just haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave to have a chick in there, no plot device is too out-there to get a cute little chickie up in that research station. I am honestly amazed they didnt manage to get her into a bikini at some point. Carpenter's version was way more realistic. A bunch of guys, yep, that's what you'd see.

The first female in Antartica was in 1969, 4 to be exact.

Carpenter's Thing takes place over a decade after that milestone, so having a woman present makes perfect sense.

Last edited:
The 83 film is perhaps one of the best horror/creature films ever made! A true classic of the horror genre.

This prequel was a huge disappointment where the film's mood never remotely came close to the original and the f/x wasn't convincing. 5/10 and I'm being generous.

the f/x wasn't convincing.

BINGO

kvPjBWz.gif

The 83 film is perhaps one of the best horror/creature films ever made! A true classic of the horror genre.

This prequel was a huge disappointment where the film's mood never remotely came close to the original and the f/x wasn't convincing. 5/10 and I'm being generous.

Yea....... but it was entertaining enough. Good enough so that I bought the Blu-ray and will probably rewatch it in the future.

I thought it was ok, but it was never going to live up to the original, because you can't recapture that tension and sense of paranoia that made Carpenter's version so amazing. It didn't help that in the prequel, the Thing is way to eager to attack, revealing itself at the drop of a hat. Still, it's entirely watchable, and makes a nice, if slightly underwhelming, companion piece to Carpenter's masterpiece.

Back