The thing 2011 discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dano669

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thought I would post this here being that is a horror related topic.
Just discovered on the net that the thing will be release some time this year.
There is a bootleg trailer on the net that universal is screening during the king kong ride.
Don't know what direction they intend to Take the film. Is it a rehash, is it a sequel, is it a prequel, are they going to follow the John carpenter version or is it a remake of the old b/w version.
If anyone else has any details let's discuss.
I personally am very excited about this movie. The thing us one of my all time favorite movies.

I'm pretty meh about it right now. And I think there's a couple threads about this already.

Just read the wiki ( I know wiki sucks) and they claim it's going to be set as a prequel and they're painstakingly trying to replicate what the base the Norwegians were in from the grainy footage in the original of there base and the ship.So I don't think it will be set in modern times.
Gillis and woodruff jr are designing and creating the creature effects which will be a mix of animatronics and cg.
The lead character is female and will be in the same vein as ripley.
So no bikini scenes. The actress insisted on no romantic tension between any characters as it would be in appropriate given the mood of the movie.
The director is trying to focus on character development rather than focusing on the creature.
The director also directed the dawn of the dead reboot, which I think is one of the better rehashes.
It will be released in us theaters in October and will be R rated

No not everybody dies. Two people live because they have to chase the dog remember.

Then they die

Spoiler alert!!!

Everyone dies!!! :horror

:panic:

:nono Not everyone --->
picture.php

What concerns me, was this film originally had a mid April 2011 release date. It was then rescheduled to October for re-shoots and tweaking, a common sign of trouble. But more bothersome, is the complete lack of any promotional material, such as a trailer or even a poster, have been revealed to the public. We're months past the original release date now, and about three months from the new one, and still nothing. I remain very excited for this film, but prepared for that all too familiar disappointment as I exit the theater.

Back