The Spirit/Octopus 1/6 figures by HT?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Spirit and The Octopus

spirit3.jpg

spirit6.jpg

"Someone get me a damn tie, and it sure as hell better be red"
spirit5.jpg

"I'm the Octopus, I got eight of everything"
spirit4.jpg

Once again Hot Toys have shown what quality work they do, and the amount of detail that goes into a 1/6 figure, from the superb headsculpts of both The Spirit / Denny Colt (Gabriel Macht) and The Octopus (Samuel L. Jackson) to the fantastic recreations of the outfits, these figures will be ones to watch out for. :)

Last edited:

The Sam Jackson sculpt looks incredible.

Yes, the Jackson sculpt is incredible. So is the Macht sculpt as well.

spirit7.jpg

The above image could almost be a publicity shot with the real actors, it is even more amazing that these are 1/6 scale figures.

This movie and the figures are going to rock :rock

Awesome SLJ likeness and look at that coat. The Spirit himself just looks damn cool, too.

I like how they have the head and neck one sculpt. Just looks nicer that way. Especially with the detail.

Will someone show these to Sideshow and Medicom so next time they try to do Indy they now how well removable hats can be done!!!

Risky movie to do a license on. I personally think the movie is going to be a flop. That said. If they make a Scarlet Johanson figure I'll get one.:monkey1

Risky movie to do a license on. I personally think the movie is going to be a flop.

Agreed although I do like the approach its taking.
I just don't think its well known enough to compete with recent things.

Also even if it was well known it would still have alot to do to compete with recent movies.
Batman , Iron man , ... the Spirit. :monkey1

The SLJ looks great, but he has some kind of tattoos on his face in this movie so those who want to use him as Mace Windu will have to repaint.

Never heard of the Spirit,is it Dc Comics?

yeah, i noticed that too. he has some little teardrop looking tattoos under his eyes.

Not at all interested in this property, but the figures look VERY nice.

Not at all interested in this property, but the figures look VERY nice.

yeah... if I had nothing on PreOrder... and absolutley nothing coming... I'd be all over Sam Jackson Fig!!! But... since I won't go see the flick (wait for Net Flix), no since PO these figs.

I think its funny SLJ is wearing New Rock boots(search the name) i had a pair a few years ago and they cost about $350 but, all leather and comfortable as hell..i wonder if they need permission from that company even to sculpt them..i assume DC just covers that.

Will someone show these to Sideshow and Medicom so next time they try to do Indy they now how well removable hats can be done!!!

It's a completely different hair style, that's why it's possible. Just like Toht and Belloq who do have removeable hats.

Never heard of the Spirit,is it Dc Comics?

The Spirit started as a Sunday comic back in the '40s. Awesome artwork by Will Eisner.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spirit

These figures look great, but I think Miller really mucked up the character. I'll pass on these, but if HT would make a comics version of Denny Colt, that'd be a different story entirely.

Will pass on these but will definitely pick up a loose SLJ/Octopus body and HS and create my very own Nick Fury Custom to go along with Tony and Company.

I prefer the spirt himself to the octupus , either way there both pretty awesome.
Lets hope the movie doesn't suck.
Hot toys official shots.

4041_DSC_3016a_3x4.jpg

4042_DSC_3027a_3x4.jpg

4043_DSC_3059a_3x4.jpg

4044_DSC_3061a_3x4.jpg

4046_DSC_2994a_3x4.jpg

4047_DSC_3092a_3x4.jpg

4048_DSC_3094a_3x4.jpg

4049_DSC_3104a_3x4.jpg

40410_DSC_3433a_3x4.jpg

Back