The Spawn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shame too....that HBO Spawn show is hands down the best animated comic book - superhero movie ever made and it's better than many superhero movies.

Got mine today from TRU. It's an okay figure, it looks nice but it's not as sturdy as figures in the past. The overall size and feel is more in line with the "super articulated" Spawn CC figures of old as opposed to the classic cover ones. Paint is a little sloppy here & there. There are gaps where the pieces fit together. The articulated elbows spin and have a ratcheted joint, but feels brittle & could snap w/ too much force. Same with the wrist pegs. Took a little doing getting the weapons in place. But it's an $18 action figure from McF so my expectations going in were in line with the final product. I like the base. Chains are glued to the back of his legs. All in all, not a bad little figure for your desk or shelf, but nowhere near the quality of design or construction of Spawn figures back in the day. With that being said, I'm still getting the regular from BBTS...just got the 10 day notice.
spawn 1.jpg
spawn 2.jpg
spawn 3.jpg
spawn 4.jpg

Much better with the mouth open, that I would buy to go along with the masked version.

Had a feeling it wasn't going to be up to the standards set by the previous ones.

I honestly hate the burning corpse skull head that is in toys r us.

But the open mouth / triangle eye spawn i would buy if i see it.

I had a feeling lol.

Mcfarlane never announced 3 versions, then again did they ever announce the unmasked at all, I don't believe so.

I was surprised when I first saw the unmasked.

Cool thread... these really bring back a lot of memories. I didn't go balls deep with Spawn, but bought a few here and there over the years. Don't have any in the collection anymore though.

That new Spawn figure is pretty rough looking though, kind of funny when a modern figure can't compete with something over a decade old.

Paint chips from the twisty tie pushing down on the plastic chains, bumpy paint, shiny glue on the black body, crooked crotch paint, chest line paint chips and eyebrow paint missing.

While i'm pleased to add him to my Spawn collection he really is of far less quality than my other Spawn pieces.

IMG_7163.JPG

Last edited:
I still have few old spawn figures, great sculpt and bargain price.
Really enjoyed collecting this series, great memories...

I'm still excited to get him, but it's too bad that the quality is lower. I was expecting (as i'm sure all of us were), that the quality would be improved. And just thinking that, I was super excited about it since the quality of previous figures have been insane.

I recently have been going back and repainting some of my older spawn figs. Here is Throne Spawn. I repainted his entire body to make a stronger contrast between his black and white, painted his cape and gauntlets to a brighter red, and added metal chains. I then went to town on his throne bringing out little details like the skulls, beer bottles, metal pipes, etc... So many details there!!

Doing this just reminded me how amazing the quality of these figs were, and still are. I still think the quality of these 10+ years old figs are better than anything NECA is coming out with now.

ygxFA33.jpg

coke bottle, cigarette pack, etc...
9M5jpbH.jpg

beer bottles, rat feet and tails...
xfUtT73.jpg

Last edited:
Back