The Spawn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My top 3 favorite Spawn figures. The 1st one comes in 2 different sizes, both are must owns.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

My favorite Clown is this one.

image.jpeg

P7280153.jpgP7280137.jpghere's my attempt at a custom first time sewing any advice on getting it better looking ?

Jye4ever what scale is that clown compared to the spawns ?

He's 6" so i'm ok with how he fits in.

I'll take pictures of all of them next to each other for you when I get home from work tonight.

I only own 5 Spawn related pieces and I absolutely love them, I subscribe to the whole less is more approach. Less clutter allows the beauty of an individual piece to be more appreciated.

All 5 were purchased long after their releases so I paid more for them.

I already PO this one though, he has the same look going as the ones I already own so he'll fit in perfectly:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MCF14408&mode=retail

image.jpeg

I used to own the movie figures but no longer, they were cool enough but I don't feel that I need to own them again, what I have I feel perfectly respresents that world.

That being said I might pick up this Sam and Twitch combo:

image.jpeg

Last edited:
The movie figures were a lot of fun. I think Todd found a great balance with detail and classic toy articulation. I had the entire set pre-ordered with Puzzle Zoo but didnt get them until after the movie came out. So while they didnt disappoint, my enthusiasm wasnt there after seeing the movie.

Still picked up the boxed figures when they hit KB clearance later on. The movie Malebolgia was awesome.

I got one if those spawn III deluxe figures a few days ago and most of it had water damage which I was fine with but most of the malebolgia symbol had come off and everything was pretty plain looking,I pulled him apart to remove the batteries which had exploded so I removed all the inner parts to light up the eyes. Then I sculpted some actual eyes over the holes and repainted all the white parts. After that I gave all the red a dark brown wash and all of the suit a dark blue/grey wash. And I also replaced the terrible plastic chains with real ones. Took some crappy phone pics ,what do you guys think?WP_20160806_001.jpgWP_20160806_003.jpg

Last edited:
A friend and I collected pretty much every spawn figure back in the day. I don't remember at what point we stopped. Our favorite was Malebolgia. NEVER did find him in stores. We both ended up getting him at a collector store for $50 each think he was the greatest, most valuable figure ever made (HA!).

I have an extra Malebolgia in my studio to remind me not to take collecting too seriously and to enjoy it more.

I was very happy to see this thread pop up. Spawn has been my favorite character since I was a teenager. I've been waiting for Spawn to make a resurgence with a new movie, but it's good to see fellow fans still out there. I collected a couple hundred Spawn and misc. McFarlane figures over the years. Sadly I've sold many because I primarily collect and build 1/6 figures now, but I've kept about a dozen of my favorite Spawn figures from around series 17 to 22.

Here's a pic of my three 1/6 Spawn figures.

Back