The Spawn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was very happy to see this thread pop up. Spawn has been my favorite character since I was a teenager. I've been waiting for Spawn to make a resurgence with a new movie, but it's good to see fellow fans still out there. I collected a couple hundred Spawn and misc. McFarlane figures over the years. Sadly I've sold many because I primarily collect and build 1/6 figures now, but I've kept about a dozen of my favorite Spawn figures from around series 17 to 22.

Here's a pic of my three 1/6 Spawn figures.

That custom movie spawn is bada$$

Love this thread! I've been trying to track down the Spawn hockey jersey that McFarlane offered back in the heyday.

I love my Medicom 1/6 Spawn but would love to see Hot Toys make one some day. Hopefully Angela makes it into the MCU and we get a figure of her.

View attachment 282931View attachment 282932here's my attempt at a custom first time sewing any advice on getting it better looking ?

What did you use for the Cape?
the only thing I see that could be better is making the spikes thicker. everything looks great, how did you get the skulls?
how did you do the face?

I got one if those spawn III deluxe figures a few days ago and most of it had water damage which I was fine with but most of the malebolgia symbol had come off and everything was pretty plain looking,I pulled him apart to remove the batteries which had exploded so I removed all the inner parts to light up the eyes. Then I sculpted some actual eyes over the holes and repainted all the white parts. After that I gave all the red a dark brown wash and all of the suit a dark blue/grey wash. And I also replaced the terrible plastic chains with real ones. Took some crappy phone pics ,what do you guys think?View attachment 283813View attachment 283814

looks great.

I am starting a custom spawn as well, Im using a 12 inch spiderman toy. I dont know how i will make the red parts but im excited.

KG5Bful.jpg

(this figure)

MARVEL-LEGENDS-ICONS-BLACK-SUIT-COSTUME-AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-12-inch-LOOSE-RARE-01-dkn.jpg

What did you use for the Cape?

the only thing I see that could be better is making the spikes thicker. everything looks great, how did you get the skulls?

how did you do the face?

looks great.

Thank you ! That Spiderman body looks perfect. The head is from a sculptor on here, I cant remember his name though...seb something or f-seb. I sculpted the skulls myself. You're right about the spikes the aren't thick enough I might try to find some strong sculptey to make thicker ones. The cape is made from a black work shirt that had quite a few coats of paint and lots of wire so I could move it around

I am starting a custom spawn as well, Im using a 12 inch spiderman toy. I dont know how i will make the red parts but im excited.

KG5Bful.jpg

(this figure)

MARVEL-LEGENDS-ICONS-BLACK-SUIT-COSTUME-AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-12-inch-LOOSE-RARE-01-dkn.jpg

marvel icons...gawd those were gateway drugs to 1:6 scale.
i think you're better off with a beefier body, and fitting hands...VENOM.

marvel icons...gawd those were gateway drugs to 1:6 scale.
i think you're better off with a beefier body, and fitting hands...VENOM.

I dont know if you can tell from my pic but I switch the bend fingers in the left hand for regular fingers (From another figure)

this is the only body I have to work with so Ill see if can work as Spawn. he looks skinny but maybe I do what K.Bowen did and make him a suit

I dont know if you can tell from my pic but I switch the bend fingers in the left hand for regular fingers (From another figure)

this is the only body I have to work with so Ill see if can work as Spawn. he looks skinny but maybe I do what K.Bowen did and make him a suit

Nothing wrong with that. Not all illustrators have spawn as bulky. Quite a few have drawn him quite lean. Although the big torso capullo does on his spawn is definitely my fav version

i have 3, 12 inch spawn figures and some 7 inch but i just wanted one with a lot of joints and i figured that spiderman could work since it has a lot of joints

did u glue the cape to the body?

Yes, as I remember there are two posts that attach to the body. I pulled the collar & cape off, applied super glue in the posts & in the holes, reeled off a lot of fishing line and got it in position, put the cape & collar back on, let it dry & hung it. Google "fishing line knot" for some real fun. :D

Back