The Spawn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. And it totally blows away this new version. The amount of detail on that, the paint, the plastic quality, the metal chains... mind blowing figure.

This new Spawn figure kind of feels like all these movies that Harrison Ford is reprising his old roles. Cool and I'll definitely take it, but not great and not really necessary.

I don't own any spawn figures but I used to way back when. When I saw these at Toys R Us it was like the 1990s all over again I bought them. Is this a McFarland mistake one chest all red. I went through about 15 of them looking at for the best paint this was the only one like this.
[RESIZE] 20161220_135814.jpg[/RESIZE]

20161220_135727.jpg

Wow... I got to say looking at these figures especially in the packaging with the artwork totally brings back memories, it's probably the only figure in my house that I actually don't want to open ...God the memories are flooding back. I think I'm going to go put on some Pearl Jam , Nirvana or Soundgarden and take in all the goodness

I don't own any spawn figures but I used to way back when. When I saw these at Toys R Us it was like the 1990s all over again I bought them. Is this a McFarland mistake one chest all red. I went through about 15 of them looking at for the best paint this was the only one like this.
[RESIZE]View attachment 311390[/RESIZE]

View attachment 311391

Wo!

I hope you bought that masked red chested one lol.

Not supposed to be.

Thats not that bad, i thought it was going to be 100 plus or something. Thanks

[RESIZE]View attachment 311390[/RESIZE]

View attachment 311391

The unmasked figures have the red chest.

I guess they put masked heads in the unmasked body as a mistake in the factory

but i would definitely buy it.
Looks much nicer

Last edited:
Picked him up at TRU today, they had a bunch of both versions. Gotta say I like the masked one much better.
spawn rebirth.jpg

I wonder if swapping heads is easy or not.

I would imagine they would pop right off if you give it a few seconds with the blow dryer. I'd be more afraid of breaking the elbows or wrists by just looking at it then swapping heads. :D

View attachment 311390

View attachment 311391

I hope you grabbed that as soon as you saw it...while it might be a factory mistake, you never know. McFarlane was infamous for sneaking in weird little variants with his stuff that had a lot of added value. Stuff like going to a factory & signing random Dragons, announcing them as ultra rare chase variants...oh yeah.

Since I got both I just had to make one look a little more different other than the red chest. Thank God I have a box full of a bunch of parts so I can make stuff.
I thought he needed a great big sword because why not....

20161220_201059.jpg
20161220_201158.jpg
20161220_201505.jpg
20161220_205424.jpg
20161220_205310.jpg
20161220_201115.jpg

Back