The Sopranos discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So many great characters on this show, even Arty Bucco and his annoying wife, lol

Ugh when he would bug people when they were eating :lol

I loved when he got the **** beaten out of him by the French guy.

Funny thing, he got away with a lot with Tony and Tony never did anything back to him.

Last edited:
I was a huge fan and follower of the series, but during the last season they just took too long of a hiatus and I just never got back in. Still to this day have yet to see the last season including the finale. And I've heard I'm not missing much.

You got to watch the last season, just to see how bad and pointless the first half of it is :lol

Meadow irritated me, and the way her story arc resolved was kinda naff. Anthony Jnr was equally irritating.

I was bummed we didn't get to see more of Furio in badass mode, he was one of my favourite characters.

That scene with T and Christopher was satisfying.

But there were a few lame and unresolved arcs in an otherwise great show... Christopher's jaunt to Hollywood... Vito's country sojourn... the Russians...

I did really enjoy this show. Probably the first truly great dramatic television show, being willing to treat the material as seriously as any film would, and to allow the creators apparent creative freedom to do whatever was needed for the purpose of the story. Some of the things mentioned here as problematic I didn't see the same way. Christopher's going to Hollywood and dealing with the guy from Wings was just one more thing to flesh out his character and add some richness to the story. Same with Vito. The fact that you could have little asides that didn't logically and directly contribute to the progression of Tony's story or whatever is one of the things that really set this show apart. Regarding the Russians, one of my favorite scenes from the series was after Tony's tryst with the one-legged Russian girl, and how he seemed flabbergasted by her attitude toward him. How great was that?

I think the Wire is superior to the Sopranos. Breaking Bad may be about on par with it. Not sure anything else is in their league yet, though Game of Thrones has the potential to rival any of those when all is said and done.

I didn't mind the side stories so much as how they were treated... kinda hammy.

I argue with my best mate from time to time about The Wire vs The Sops. IMO The Wire was the more complete show. Breaking Bad was brilliant and barely had a mis-step in 5 seasons, but its universe was smaller (and therefore more easily contained) and I never really felt as though I got any special insight into criminality that I got from The Wire or The Sops.

Game of Thrones will rule them all if it can sustain its writing and directing to the end.

I've never seen The Wire, but I agree with you on the stories that went nowhere. Anthony Jr. fell apart because he couldn't deal with the contradictions. Moltisanti in Hollywood was the last straw in showing that he truly was a nobody. Vito's arc is what brought things to a head with Phil Leotardo. These all got the same level of detail any other character got. It was a heavily Naturalistic series, as much about depicting real life at the time as it was telling the story.

I don't even see the coma as pointless. I can understand how a lot of areas were less entertaining than others, but I don't see any of it as superfluous.

Game of Thrones will rule them all if it can sustain its writing and directing to the end.

I hope it does. For as much as I love Sopranos, I don't like it.

This show is on my Mount Rushmore. Along with: The Wire, Breaking Bad, and True Detective. It is an evolving list. I loved the ending. It took me a while to appreciate it and to come to the conclusion that

Spoiler Spoiler:

That article posted above really is a good read too.

Thats what I thought. Either way, I believe the ending was meant to be up to the viewer to decide.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thats what I thought. Either way, I believe the ending was meant to be up to the viewer to decide.

I believe that too, although I still think the evidence points to the obvious ending. But it still is left up to the viewer, which is why it deserves to be praised instead of reviled as a show ending.

Dear Gotham,
I want to watch your fourth episode; I really do, but, as you know, I've found The Sopranos, and I just got to the part where Steve Buscemi joined as Tony Blundetto, and it's so damn good, so, please, if you could, pass along my apologies to the two episodes of Agents of Shield and Once Upon A Time that I'm behind on, and tell them I can't make it for a few more days because I'm more addicted to this show than Christopher was to Heroin in Season 4.
Sincerely,
-batfan08

Dear Gotham,
I want to watch your fourth episode; I really do, but, as you know, I've found The Sopranos, and I just got to the part where Steve Buscemi joined as Tony Blundetto, and it's so damn good, so, please, if you could, pass along my apologies to the two episodes of Agents of Shield and Once Upon A Time that I'm behind on, and tell them I can't make it for a few more days because I'm more addicted to this show than Christopher was to Heroin in Season 4.
Sincerely,
-batfan08

I binge watched Sopranos my first time too, it’s the best way to watch it in my opinion, I would have went crazy waiting so long season after season.

Last edited:
Back