Media The Silent Hill series discussion thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
141115419418.jpg

Pffft I have more dan dat...

Last edited:
Sweet jeebus, is it just me or do they also have copies for the different regions of each game? o_O

Going trough Silent Hill Homecoming after the game being unplayable on my old PS3 due to regional differences. I've never beaten the game (quit halfway trough) and this is my second attempt since first playing the game during launch. Not sure what to expect but so far I'm liking the game.

Going trough Silent Hill Homecoming after the game being unplayable on my old PS3 due to regional differences. I've never beaten the game (quit halfway trough) and this is my second attempt since first playing the game during launch. Not sure what to expect but so far I'm liking the game.

playing it on a ps3 is such a waste coz it looks way better on a decent PC. i have snapshots of them and they look much better than downpour on PS3.

Downpour is infinitely superior.

Murphy is so much weaker than Heather... And are those crowbars made in China? Freeman's crowbar could last from the start till the end of the game (well at least near the end).

Gotta love the running maze part, i spend so much time in the bathroom section picking up all the stuffs again and again so that i can just retry over & over again in the final maze part.

I liked Scarlet's boss fight and the entire level that build up to it ("Hell Descent"), but sadly I thought it was legitimately the only time that Homecoming felt like a SH game.

I still think Downpour is the superior game by virtue of story, and some of the game design/controls. Tthe town just felt so alive and the overall game design really sold that vibe of getting lost in a giant maze. It's probably one of the only few SH games that perfectly emulates that feeling of desperation as you scramble to grab the closest thing next to you (the brick is my favorite) to throw at a monster's face. Just for that, I truly commend the developers. :lol

Homecoming definitely has the superior monster designs in comparison to Downpour though (with the exception of the Bogeyman and the Wheelman which I think were great in Downpour).

I liked Scarlet's boss fight and the entire level that build up to it ("Hell Descent"), but sadly I thought it was legitimately the only time that Homecoming felt like a SH game.

I still think Downpour is the superior game by virtue of story, and some of the game design/controls. Tthe town just felt so alive and the overall game design really sold that vibe of getting lost in a giant maze. It's probably one of the only few SH games that perfectly emulates that feeling of desperation as you scramble to grab the closest thing next to you (the brick is my favorite) to throw at a monster's face. Just for that, I truly commend the developers. :lol

Homecoming definitely has the superior monster designs in comparison to Downpour though (with the exception of the Bogeyman and the Wheelman which I think were great in Downpour).

Storyline definately Downpour is better than Homecoming. Environment designs were better but special fx were much inferior to homecoming. Battle system is one of the worst, enemies were boring you fight the same tough jun-oh from start til the end, and enemies keep respawning.

Many missed opportunities there, like the manually open the door function, serves no purpose at all while they could have added more suspense.

I just watched this review for the Silent Hill (2006) movie. I agree with the reviewer. I thought the movie was criminally underrated and and easily the best video game movie adaptation there is.

I just watched this review for the Silent Hill (2006) movie. I agree with the reviewer. I thought the movie was criminally underrated and and easily the best video game movie adaptation there is.

I dont even need to watch the video. Its a great horror. At the time it was the best id seen since the Ring, before the new wave of horror thats come back with the Conjuring, Insidious and the Badabook.

But i feel they did hld back, this movie could have been much more disturbing and horrifying

I'm hoping someone makes a movie of Siren series. I mean Lost Translation pretty much looked like real people in game.

Back