The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol I shave my armpits and chest too. Just feels much better when lifting. What kind of shred plan did you use skiman?

How does shaving make you feel better while lifting? Not making fun or anything, but some guys swear by that. Honest to god question.

Also, I've been trying to improve my squat game,, my form is great but I just can't seem to be able to lift more than 225 lbs.

Should one squat daily?

Don't squat daily. I'd say 2 days max per week as long as you have ample protein intake throughout the week for recovery. I just worked out legs today and started with heavy leg press, followed by hack squats and then weighted leg raises. Then I worked out hamstrings and calves as well.

As for shaving, I've found that when I get sweaty and my shirt starts to stick to me, shaved skin has less resistance and my skin gets les irritated. The other thing is that it hurts when your hair gets pulled while doing workouts. I also shave my armpits as my deodorant doesn't cake. Also, it just feels more comfortable.

Another reason people shave is if they are preparing to compete and want to see definition better. Overall my reasoning is that it just feels more comfortable and I could care less if someone thinks it's silly.

I've been trying each body part 2 days a week, and that includes squats. Squat game has been going up, but it definitely takes a toll on your body. Been incorporating 20rep squats on my light days too, using my 10 rep max and squeezing out the reps. Really burns the heck outta your quads.

So if I train shoulders and back separate from my chest, should I be doing shoulder press on shoulder day or chest day? Cuz pressing after chest day really doesn't make any sense to me right now.. Trying to perfect my routine atm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been trying each body part 2 days a week, and that includes squats. Squat game has been going up, but it definitely takes a toll on your body. Been incorporating 20rep squats on my light days too, using my 10 rep max and squeezing out the reps. Really burns the heck outta your quads.

So if I train shoulders and back separate from my chest, should I be doing shoulder press on shoulder day or chest day? Cuz pressing after chest day really doesn't make any sense to me right now.. Trying to perfect my routine atm

I decided to try "push and pull days" On push days, I do chest, shoulders, and triceps. Then I do legs altogether on one day. Pull days is back and bicep. I do the three days in that order to allow for healing. I'd space those days out somewhat. It's a nice three day rotation since I don't have a ton of free time to go to the gym 5 days a week.

I decided to try "push and pull days" On push days, I do chest, shoulders, and triceps. Then I do legs altogether on one day. Pull days is back and bicep. I do the three days in that order to allow for healing. I'd space those days out somewhat. It's a nice three day rotation since I don't have a ton of free time to go to the gym 5 days a week.

Sounds like you have a real solid plan! I think every basic program works if you give it time, and Yeah I'm just a little confused cuz flies and stuff are technically called pull exercises haha.

I work each body part twice a week so I try not to train back too much on my second back day since I do dead lifts AND squats on leg day and such. So my volume for shoulders and back alternates each shoulder/back day. (Confusing kinda) [emoji23]
Also I like having a separate day for my shoulders from my push day cuz I really like to hammer in the volume for them. As you can see I'm a very confused individual [emoji23] but it's all good, still working out the kinks and stuff as I go along. I might just put shoulder press on push day and work out the rest of the delts on the next day..

Sounds like you have a real solid plan! I think every basic program works if you give it time, and Yeah I'm just a little confused cuz flies and stuff are technically called pull exercises haha.

I work each body part twice a week so I try not to train back too much on my second back day since I do dead lifts AND squats on leg day and such. So my volume for shoulders and back alternates each shoulder/back day. (Confusing kinda) [emoji23]
Also I like having a separate day for my shoulders from my push day cuz I really like to hammer in the volume for them. As you can see I'm a very confused individual [emoji23] but it's all good, still working out the kinks and stuff as I go along. I might just put shoulder press on push day and work out the rest of the delts on the next day..

If you don't mind me asking, are you trying to trim your muscles/lose weight or gain mass/power?

Cool man. What kind of whey protein or diet are you doing with it? I'm always curious what other lifters do.

Haha I'm just using some dymatize whey at the moment, like to switch it up every time to try different brands but I always go with the one with the best value for money per serving/grams of protein. I just use whey as a way to fill up my macros.

As for my diet i eat a lot of pasta and chicken. But I also throw in a lotta junk most of the time, as long as it fits my macros. It's hard to bulk with a high maintenance in college [emoji23]

How bout you? How's your diet like?

Thanks for all the tips, Shawpaw.

Also, guys, are any of you experiencing an upset stomach after drinking a protein shake? I drink Whey protein (ON brand) and for the life of me my stomach gets really upset (after workouts). I usually go to the gym with an empty stomach so I don't know if that plays a part. I do work out very earl though (6:00 am) so I'm really not hungry at all. All I take before going is Cellucor to get a kick.

Did you just start using this brand of protein or just start using protein again recently? If so i would ease into it until your stomach gets accustomed to it.

Are you lactose intolerant? That might explain a lot. I do have really weird stomach problems when I take whey sometimes, but I just chalk it up to that, since the same thing happens when I drink lots of milk

Did you just start using this brand of protein or just start using protein again recently? If so i would ease into it until your stomach gets accustomed to it.

Hi there!

It's actually my third 5LB tub so far, and it's just weird for that very reason. At first I though it was the creatine I was adding to it, but it wasn't.

Lately, I've been trying to get that protein intake from other sources (chicken, beans, lentils, veggie juice extract) but it's just not as convenient. I know the brand (ON) is widely loved but for some reason my stomach doesn't.

:(

Thanks for all the tips, Shawpaw.

Also, guys, are any of you experiencing an upset stomach after drinking a protein shake? I drink Whey protein (ON brand) and for the life of me my stomach gets really upset (after workouts). I usually go to the gym with an empty stomach so I don't know if that plays a part. I do work out very earl though (6:00 am) so I'm really not hungry at all. All I take before going is Cellucor to get a kick.

There are a few brands that do that to me. ON I can tolerate, the EAS brand gave me an upset stomach. Maybe try another brand. Are you lactose intolerant by chance?

I saw this and had to post it :D

11174791_10153907521112818_1687505055611847584_n.jpg

Same here. I feel like whenever I eat something like that I gain 3-4 pounds instantly. Sucks being in your thirties, nothin works like it used to.

Back