The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends whether you are on the juice or you are keeping it natty. If you are on the juice, you wanna have more reps and sets and keep the weight moderate, full range of motion to get the blood pumping to whatever muscle group you are working on.

If you are natty, that's too much of reps. Quality > quantity. Follow the stronglift idea of 5 x 5 and increase the weight when you can complete the set. When you of heavier, you get stronger = more muscle fibre. That's how you get bigger.

No no, all natural, zero intentions of hitting the juice

My issue is, I can more weight at low reps but inevitably I get hurt, either my back or neck. Like I said think I'm just at an age that I ihave concentrate on my diet and core and cardio exercises, despite wanting had wider back :)

No no, all natural, zero intentions of hitting the juice

My issue is, I can more weight at low reps but inevitably I get hurt, either my back or neck. Like I said think I'm just at an age that I ihave concentrate on my diet and core and cardio exercises, despite wanting had wider back :)

Aging sucks when it comes to working out haha. I feel ya man. Doing too more weight is really unnecessary unless you are competing or trying to gain mass. It's not worth it to me to lift heavy anymore (I consider "heavy" a subjective term). I guess I'm like you and just maintaining at this point rather than trying to be 22 years old again.

There's a ratio of how much mass you can actually bench press, deadlift, squat etc depending on your body weight actually. Slyly can have a general idea of what's your limit.

Joined Gold's Gym because I couldn't fit anymore weights and KB's in my home. Love it. Have some work to do but for the most part, I'm feeling great.
View attachment 176320
Looks like some pretty nice gains there.... Well done, so are you going to sell all your weights and KB's now :rolleyes2
Nice traps
Yes.... all about them :lol
I've been doing some kettlebell stuff recently, pretty fun yet tiring.
KB workouts FTW

Looks like some pretty nice gains there.... Well done, so are you going to sell all your weights and KB's now :rolleyes2

Nooo. I love my KB's and weights. I still will work out at home. Just gotta get out of the house, too.

I took this pic mainly to show off my new Hellboy shirt but my friend noticed my forearm, which I had not. I'm happy with where my body is going.

11081214_10153111761007247_3547736512958375472_n.jpg

Nooo. I love my KB's and weights. I still will work out at home. Just gotta get out of the house, too.
I took this pic mainly to show off my new Hellboy shirt but my friend noticed my forearm, which I had not. I'm happy with where my body is going.

I see. That is a nice T-Shirt :p

:hi5:

I have a basement gym. It's an unfinished basement with a cement floor, which makes most prison gyms look like Gold's.

For a mat, I've got a set of six of those interlocking mat pieces. I'm not in love with them, but aren't sure what other options I have. The larger mats (6x6 or 6x4) are kind of pricey on Amazon ($130-150ish), and more commercial options get wild with pricing.

But my issue is that the interlocking pieces come apart too easily, which has led to some near injuries with slip outs. My wife says her Zumba instructor has these pieces duct taped together, which I might try.

For a reasonably priced option, any suggestions?

I have a basement gym. It's an unfinished basement with a cement floor, which makes most prison gyms look like Gold's.

For a mat, I've got a set of six of those interlocking mat pieces. I'm not in love with them, but aren't sure what other options I have. The larger mats (6x6 or 6x4) are kind of pricey on Amazon ($130-150ish), and more commercial options get wild with pricing.

But my issue is that the interlocking pieces come apart too easily, which has led to some near injuries with slip outs. My wife says her Zumba instructor has these pieces duct taped together, which I might try.

For a reasonably priced option, any suggestions?

Look up horse stall mats. I use these in my gym. They are much cheaper than the commercial gym mats, but are the same thing. You can get them in different sizes and thicknesses. They are heavy (about 100lbs/mat) but they don't move around. Any local tractor supply / hardware store carries them.

Look up horse stall mats. I use these in my gym. They are much cheaper than the commercial gym mats, but are the same thing. You can get them in different sizes and thicknesses. They are heavy (about 100lbs/mat) but they don't move around. Any local tractor supply / hardware store carries them.

I've actually looked into them - they're what I will likely be looking into. I didn't realize they were that heavy, but I guess it makes sense. And that could also be helpful - I assume if I've got two next to each other, they won't shift?

As much as I like feeling like a superhero by tearing my flooring apart simply by doing burpees, the floor shifting sucks.

I started the 5 x 5 routine this week. Feel like such a tool squatting with just the bar but gotta start somewhere I guess.

Heading to the gym soon for my dose of strength training. I'm feeling laggy so it's going to take some effort to get out of this chair.

I was reading bout IF a while ago and how it differs for female since it'll mess up with their hormone and fertility? Any chance of you could perhaps share some of your in hand experience on that? A few female cousins of mine are interested in working out and I was hesitating to recommend them on IF.

I only just saw this. How I missed it before is beyond me. I think any program you're on differs for men and women. However, it has never messed up anything for me or my hormones. It has made me feel so much better, and healthier. I don't even get sick anymore.

There is someone they should definitely look into. Tell them to look up Dr. Sara Solomon. Not only are her IF books the absolute best, but she is very inspiring and helpful and also personable. They will love her. Her Fat Loss Fast 2 ebook saved my life.

IF has a lot more benefits than downfalls and I just think each person needs to look into it for themselves.

Pregnant women or people with diabetes should talk to their doctors, first. Pregnant women of course cannot do IF. They can however do IIFYM - If it fits your macros.

IF is beneficial for me because I'm a foodie. When I start to eat, I can't stop. So having the small window that I do (19-5) gives me the chance to eat a lot in a tight window, instead of spreading my food out throughout the day. I just get too hungry too quickly.

Back