The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found this thread again. Hoping to get some decent tips and collaboration from fellow freaks. Been working out for close to 18 years!! Over time, I've noticed that I've lost some strength and have piled up wear on my body. I came to accept that I'm not 22 anymore and my lifting isn't really about power like it used to be. After developing a bad back, torn bicep, and knee injuries, I decided to just maintain and do lighter weight (welcome to getting older). Anyways, anyone else have a 4-day rotation? I do:
day 1: chest & triceps
day 2: back & biceps
day 3: calves and shoulders
day 4: legs

I've noticed that I have to rest more than I used to (like taking a day off between each workout day). Anyone have feedback on my workout schedule? Any help would be appreciated.

Do you do deadlift on your back day? If so, I'd recommend something like

Monday chest
Tuesday leg
Wednesday shoulders
Take a day off on Thurs
Friday back

Ya I do deadlifts on back day

I do essentially what you suggested just throw in bi's on Chest day and tri's on back day

Just found this thread again. Hoping to get some decent tips and collaboration from fellow freaks. Been working out for close to 18 years!! Over time, I've noticed that I've lost some strength and have piled up wear on my body. I came to accept that I'm not 22 anymore and my lifting isn't really about power like it used to be. After developing a bad back, torn bicep, and knee injuries, I decided to just maintain and do lighter weight (welcome to getting older). Anyways, anyone else have a 4-day rotation? I do:
day 2: back & bicep

I've noticed that I have to rest more than I used to (like taking a day off between each workout day). Anyone have feedback on my workout schedule? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm in the same boat, my body hurts all th time, I'm to stubborn to drop the weight down

Like you I always put a day between my workouts where I'm doing weights, unless it's legs I can back to back them only

day 2: back & biceps

Why don't you combine legs and calves? I don't do calves since it's all comes down to genetics.

I usually do back the last since back is usually the hardest IMO with deadlift. And can't do chest, legs or shoulders workout the next day since the back supports all these excercises. That's why I usually have a day or two apart after doing legs to do the back.

Ya I do deadlifts on back day

I do essentially what you suggested just throw in bi's on Chest day and tri's on back day

Personally I think working on specific smaller muscle groups like biceps and triceps a moot point, considering you already use them when doing deadlifts, lat pull downs, chin ups etc. I do it occasionally to kill time when there's a cute girls working out at the gym though. :lol

yeah I used to not work out triceps/biceps like I do now. since the torn bicep and bad back/discs, I have to avoid spine-loading exercises like squats/ deadlifts. I've gotten pretty creative in workouts.

I generally do triceps after chest (2 exercises a 4 reps each). Arms definitely got pretty big. I do a ton of weighted pull-ups for back. My friend, when he was trying out for the NFL in Arizona, got some really effective back exercises that I like and don't hurt (e.g. face pulls using rope). Anyone have other back workouts that are easy on spine?

yeah I used to not work out triceps/biceps like I do now. since the torn bicep and bad back/discs, I have to avoid spine-loading exercises like squats/ deadlifts. I've gotten pretty creative in workouts.

I generally do triceps after chest (2 exercises a 4 reps each). Arms definitely got pretty big. I do a ton of weighted pull-ups for back. My friend, when he was trying out for the NFL in Arizona, got some really effective back exercises that I like and don't hurt (e.g. face pulls using rope). Anyone have other back workouts that are easy on spine?

I hurt my lower back 3-4 weeks ago when doing deadlift. So Im trying to take it easy for a few months just to make sure its ok before doing heavy lifting again. Same thing happened to my right bicep as I was doing inverted and outverted grips a long time ago while doing deadlift. Turns out I was subconsciously trying to hold half the weight sometimes which is ridiculous since small muscle groups such as biceps can't hold that much of weight.

I recommend doing low low, lat pulldown and bent over barbell rowing. Less chance of hurting the lower back IMO. But make sure you use belt, just for insurance. Its always good to have extra support. Also try to lift moderate weight and do not ego lift using heavy ass weight! Thats how injuries happen.

I hurt my lower back 3-4 weeks ago when doing deadlift. So Im trying to take it easy for a few months just to make sure its ok before doing heavy lifting again. Same thing happened to my right bicep as I was doing inverted and outverted grips a long time ago while doing deadlift. Turns out I was subconsciously trying to hold half the weight sometimes which is ridiculous since small muscle groups such as biceps can't hold that much of weight.

I recommend doing low low, lat pulldown and bent over barbell rowing. Less chance of hurting the lower back IMO. But make sure you use belt, just for insurance. Its always good to have extra support. Also try to lift moderate weight and do not ego lift using heavy ass weight! Thats how injuries happen.

Low low?

I'm in the same boat, my body hurts all th time, I'm to stubborn to drop the weight down

Like you I always put a day between my workouts where I'm doing weights, unless it's legs I can back to back them only

Ugh, I know. I love the muscle soreness. But the bone and joint soreness is awful. Geez. Sorry to hear you suffer as well. But at least we are still able to keep it going. I had to drop weight so I can lift and maintain passed the age of 40.

Been a while since I did a low barbell row so I incorporated it today. Actually felt pretty good once I straightened my back out. Only used 90lbs + barbell for it. That was plenty of weight for me today.

I did close-grip pull ups, low rows, and finished with face pulls to really hit the traps. Then did hammer curls and ended it will lying flat arm curls (these hurt so good; used 20lbs max for this).

Last edited:
How many sets did you do in total?

I want to get a wider back, for chest back shoulders and legs I do 6 exercises per muscle group, 5 x 10, to much or to little?

Firm believer my diet is the issue, I simply don't eat enough of the right calories

I want to get a wider back, for chest back shoulders and legs I do 6 exercises per muscle group, 5 x 10, to much or to little?

Firm believer my diet is the issue, I simply don't eat enough of the right calories

Diet is definitely such a big component. It was easier to manage that as a single guy. Married with kids makes it more difficult for me at least. I've never been one to use protein powder much and never use any GNC type stuff. I will use 2 scoops of muscle milk in a fruit smoothie sometimes. That seems to help with the snacks.

As for the reps, I do 3-4 different exercises, 4 sets of 10-12 on each major muscle group. For chest, I'll do 4-5 sets of 225lbs (10-12 reps each set). Then I'll do something like declined bench with same weight, same sets but less reps. Then finish with pec-deck (4 sets of 10-12).

I gear back and legs similarly (3 exercises; 4 sets of 10-12). I generally do less work on triceps, biceps, calves and abs as they generally get incorporated in other exercises.

Depends whether you are on the juice or you are keeping it natty. If you are on the juice, you wanna have more reps and sets and keep the weight moderate, full range of motion to get the blood pumping to whatever muscle group you are working on.

If you are natty, that's too much of reps. Quality > quantity. Follow the stronglift idea of 5 x 5 and increase the weight when you can complete the set. When you of heavier, you get stronger = more muscle fibre. That's how you get bigger.

Your definition of big, wide back may differ from me. But if you are talking bout those guys in muscle mags, and protein shake commercials then you need to be doing what they are doing - juice.

I personally stay away from what I don't think I'd be able to keep up in the long term, as I don't want to be dependent on anything that isn't natural. But no amount of weight training, clean healthy diet will get you that 3D, protruding delts and ripped biceps with veins covering your body. So don't buy into those Body building ads and commercials thinking you'll look like the model by drinking Those supplements.

had to drag the Greened One to the workout place. been getting a little fat these days. need to be in there more often. feel a little throw-up and empty the stomach but much better at the end. now if he can only take a shower

Joined Gold's Gym because I couldn't fit anymore weights and KB's in my home. Love it. Have some work to do but for the most part, I'm feeling great.
me.jpg

Back