The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At #225 low bar squat now!!! Getting that extra plate on there feels great to get to.. Good to be back in the gym! :yess:

Congrats! I busted my shoulder so I'll be hitting squats every session now for a few weeks, see how it goes. Rotator cuff seems to not be healing as fast as I had hoped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks man.. Something about that weight was a mind F for me... One of the things I like about this progressive overload routine.. Weights that were a B and now are easy warm up weight...

Need some advice, I've been doing chest and back on the same day for quite some, I want to break the, up, but my gym cycle is max 4 days

Do I break them up and mic in arms or just pound a 5 day cycle missing one per week?

Sad news for me, our gym is closing. $ issues. We live in a small town and our gym has about 400 members and the owner of the property is almost doubling the lease. Gym owner wanted to buy out the space but bank undervalued the property so it's done. Most members where willing to pay an extra $10/month to cover the lease( awesome living in a small town that cares). No luck. My son and I will be adding to our home gym now. Other gyms are 20-30 away.

Sad news for me, our gym is closing. $ issues. We live in a small town and our gym has about 400 members and the owner of the property is almost doubling the lease. Gym owner wanted to buy out the space but bank undervalued the property so it's done. Most members where willing to pay an extra $10/month to cover the lease( awesome living in a small town that cares). No luck. My son and I will be adding to our home gym now. Other gyms are 20-30 away.

Sorry to hear that. I just joined a gym 3 minutes from my house but for 2 years before that I worked out in my garage. I had to be very creative to get a great weight training work out. Good luck.

oh man that sucks.....
Sounds like 400 good people right there

Another gym has offered all members one year at the same price we are paying now but it would add another 45-60min drive time to my night. Home gym it is. One good thing is my son now has a speed bag and heavy bag for his boxing.

glorious exercise but Mr. Green should be out of shape and huffing n puffing. guess the office exercise kept him in shape somewhat

Anyone do the 5x5 program?

Noob here and thinking I'll start off with that.

Yeah I ran it a while ago when I was just starting out. It's real good to get your numbers up real quick. Just make sure you start stretching and foam rolling early on to prevent injuries before they happen. It'll help loads.

I find it hard to stay motivated going to the gym lol. I start out fine, 5 days a week, then the days slowly drop off. I just get so bored with a gym workout, even if I use different machines and rotate the weight training. I think now that it's warming up, I'll try more outdoor exercising to keep my interest.

That's why I also have weights and such at home. This way I can skip the gym on days I really don't feel like going, and workout at home and still get in my glutes day, cardio, etc.

Need some advice, I've been doing chest and back on the same day for quite some, I want to break the, up, but my gym cycle is max 4 days

Do I break them up and mic in arms or just pound a 5 day cycle missing one per week?

Do you do deadlift on your back day? If so, I'd recommend something like

Monday chest
Tuesday leg
Wednesday shoulders
Take a day off on Thurs
Friday back

I was reading bout IF a while ago and how it differs for female since it'll mess up with their hormone and fertility? Any chance of you could perhaps share some of your in hand experience on that? A few female cousins of mine are interested in working out and I was hesitating to recommend them on IF.

It took me a long time to find a protocol that worked for me. I'm now on 19-5 and it's my favorite. I break my fast at 2pm and I stop eating by 7pm. Usually it's 6:30 but you know.

I have a mug of black coffee every morning before my workout. I'm careful to find either 0 calorie coffee or something with less than 2 calories per cup. I also drink BCAA's before and after my workout so I don't lose muscle mass since I like to cut. Losing the gut is very important and you won't do it otherwise. So doing IF is the best way. You just need to make sure you stay 100% fasted during your fasted window. BCAA's truly get me through. Calorie free BCAA's, let's be clear.

I drink BSN Animo X during my fasted hours.

I workout right after I'm finished my morning 'routine.' I work out between 25-30 minutes every day. I jump rope every day. My workouts consist of HiiT exercises to really boost my fat burn.

When I first started this, I wanted to do lean gains. Lately, I've decided I want to be more shredded so that's why I have changed my protocol and have done a few other things (workout wise) to maximize fat loss and muscle gain.

You will get over feeling hungry. Your brain is engrained with this idea that you NEED food. Once you get over that, you'll see that food becomes a secondary thought during your fasted hours. You won't be hungry and you will be able to just focus on what you need to focus on. Work, life, etc.

EDIT: I went from ADF to MADF (alternate day fasting/modified alternate day fasting) to the protocol I'm on now. I couldn't stay focused enough to skip an entire day of meals and on MADF, my body doesn't have an off switch so I couldn't stop at 500 calories. I just kept looking for food to binge. Which is why 19-5 works for me. I only have a 5 hour eating window. I can fit a lot of food in in such a small window that I feel full. I eat 2 big meals and I have one fruit snack in between the two. The 16-8 protocol left me too many feeding hours and I was just still too hungry.

Back