The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 32 years old now. And i take in about 2800 to 3000 calories a day and I drink a whey protein shake(45 grams) every day. I've always worked out in 6 week cycles then take 2 weeks off. I love the way I look, I just can't gain any weight and it's really starting to piss me off. Working out isn't a problem, i work out 5 days a week for an hour or 2 and i mix up my workouts and all that. Just can't seem to get any bigger

I'm 32 years old now. And i take in about 2800 to 3000 calories a day and I drink a whey protein shake(45 grams) every day. I've always worked out in 6 week cycles then take 2 weeks off. I love the way I look, I just can't gain any weight and it's really starting to piss me off. Working out isn't a problem, i work out 5 days a week for an hour or 2 and i mix up my workouts and all that. Just can't seem to get any bigger

Sounds more like a genetic thing to me, u and I are the same age, it's just a matter of eating more then because ur body genetic wise is able to burn more along with a higher metabolism.

Weight gainers and more food.

what type of weight gainer do you reccomend?

Well I haven't tried weight gainers in a long time because I can gain off of just food but basically anything with a substantial amount of calories because it's the calories in versus calories out game that you are playing with ur body.

I would say anything from Optimum Nutrition, CytoSport Muscle Milk, Nature's Best Isopure or maybe even MuscleTech are pretty good brands/companies to try out. MuscleTech being my least favorite but they have turned around some of their products from the past.

what type of weight gainer do you reccomend?

i only tried teh GNC house brand, which worked, it was just so much intake, I was so full after a shake, but in a week i gianed 5 pounds, just couldnt keep up with it, was busy at work and with life

I've heard good things about Muscle Milk, they say it tastes pretty good too which is a bonus. And I agree with Skiman about Muscletech, I have nothing but bad experiences with them. But that was of course, over 5 yrs ago.

If you want to try to gain weight, a general rule that I found works for me, is to eat double your body weight in grams of protein.

Weight 175 pounds, take 350 grams of protein.
1 gram of protein has approximately 4 calories, so 175 pounds should be around 1400-1500 calories, just from protein.

Obviously, it would be impossible to JUST eat protein, but that's a good rule that seems to work.

Found this website, its rules are a little bit different, but it's some good information

https://www.leehayward.com/howmanycal.htm

Muscle Milk is a great protein supplements, it helps build lean muscle. Sure it has a lot of fat and calories, but if you want to gain, you need those.

There are tons of articles that are both pro and con for the product, but try it, if it works for you, then use it. I've used it for a while and it helps you gain. Not only that, but the MILK CHOCOLATE is quite yummy as well :rotfl:rotfl

If you want to try to gain weight, a general rule that I found works for me, is to eat double your body weight in grams of protein.

1 gram of protein has approximately 4 calories, so 175 pounds should be around 1400-1500 calories, just from protein.

Obviously, it would be impossible to JUST eat protein, but that's a good rule that seems to work.

Found this website, its rules are a little bit different, but it's some good information

Not sure if that is correct or not, I read at one point your body wont use the protein, I think the general rule is 1 gram per lb, I may be way off

But obviously your caloric intake is key

Not sure if that is correct or not, I read at one point your body wont use the protein, I think the general rule is 1 gram per lb, I may be way off

But obviously your caloric intake is key

I'm usually very skinny, so I have to eat more to even gain anything. But like anything else, each person is unique. But you're right, the main thing is calorie intake and WHAT you eat. The old saying "you are what you eat" is extremly important.

Alot of bodybuilders use 2 grams protein per pound of bodyweight, BUT, they are usually using anabolics which enable the body to assimilate more protein than it normally can.

So for a natural athlete, I would say a 1 gram per pound is sufficient.

Too much protein will just be passed, and undigested, in high amounts can cause kidney stones....

Since it's my big motivator in working out, I went researching some ways to burn off man boobs and found that doing dumbbell front raises along with bench presses can help a lot. The also recommend pushups but I can't do those.

Since it's my big motivator in working out, I went researching some ways to burn off man boobs and found that doing dumbbell front raises along with bench presses can help a lot. The also recommend pushups but I can't do those.

Also, try to keep your pressing on an incline, to build the upper pecs, giving a much more pleasing shape to the chest.

what the hell? double your body weight with protein? that's WAYYYY too much than you even need unless you are a serious body builder

common misconception dude, exercises targeting a specific area does not burn fat off of that area. cardio and a good diet will do that. Everyone loses fat/weight in different areas of their body at a different pace.

common misconception dude, exercises targeting a specific area does not burn fat off of that area. cardio and a good diet will do that. Everyone loses fat/weight in different areas of their body at a different pace.

Well, I'm already doing cardio and eating different, trying to enhance the process.

Back