The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck Marc, I hope it works out for you too!

Today I spent the day with the Wife and her family, as it was her day off. So I had to skip my gym trip.

At least that will let my legs fully recover before I hit the treadmill again. But I still hated taking that day off. I don't like allowing things to alter the schedule. Once you start doing it, it's easy to keep allowing it for other things. Next thing you know, you are only going once a week. :lol

I'll scan it later but I was flipping through the photo album from my brother's wedding that disgusted me into this workout, and man, I still have a good ways to go before my goal, but I think I've come a longgg way, I was such a fat looking ^^^^ it was disgusting to me.

I'll scan it later but I was flipping through the photo album from my brother's wedding that disgusted me into this workout, and man, I still have a good ways to go before my goal, but I think I've come a longgg way, I was such a fat looking ^^^^ it was disgusting to me.

I know that feeling. I think mine were some pics I took to show a friend my beard (which is now gone again. :monkey2). After I took them, I was resizing them and realized just how damn big I was. It was shocking, and really was the slap in the face I needed to get going again.

I have always told myself that I was never going to allow myself to become obese, no matter what. And I learned the hard way that it's very easy to get there.

It's just gross, I thought I was bad in that old photo I posed in here, I swear there's 5-10 more lbs added between that and his wedding. I always used to say I wasn't too fat cuz I had a neck and all, but there's a curve from my chin to my chest in the wedding shots, I went and looked in a mirror after seeing that photo, it's nice to have a small neck and distinct chin again, even if I still have a slight double chin, it's fading, and it's slight.

I've never been healthy looking, but I actually got to be far worse than I'd ever been either, and I put my foot down, no farther. Didn't help living the size I was, but to be getting worse and worse was a big wake up call. Hell, my profile in one photo, I look almost like blueberry girl in willy wonka, now the tip of my chest to my waist is almost a straight line, still far out, but my profile is still flatter, even if thicker than it should be, than it has been in a long time.

Finished my week this morning 5/5. I'm actually thinking of working out tomorrow because I don't want to lose that "high". :lol

Tomorrow's my next workout day, crossing fingers for Monday's weigh in. I feel like I could be 290 finally, I was 293 this past week, I ran all this week at a faster pace, I'm lifting more.

I'm really proud of myself, be it stupid, but I had pizza for dinner tonight, my usual routine, but the ammount I ate wasn't filling enough. Instead of eating the rest of it, I still put it away for lunch over the weekend and ate some lettuce instead. Soooo wanted the pizza, but I decided if that wasn't enough to satisfy, don't deviate from my healthy plan, have something good for me.

I actually gained weight at the beginning of the week. I started out 234, then went to 237 and was 232 yesterday when I weighed myself. Either way, it feels good, I'm married so who am I impressing and I'll get to my goal weight eventually.

I tried the interval running yesterday, and did about 5 reps of the 30 second sprinting (each followed by 3 minutes of walking) when I just couldn't do anymore. I felt like complete crap the whole time, and I couldn't hardly breathe after the 3rd rep. Think I'll stick to jogging.

I actually gained weight at the beginning of the week. I started out 234, then went to 237 and was 232 yesterday when I weighed myself. Either way, it feels good, I'm married so who am I impressing and I'll get to my goal weight eventually.

You should be doing it for yourself first and foremost. I am also doing it for my kids so that is extra motivation.

I just got drafted yesterday for hockey so I am going to be getting some hard core cardio soon.

I tried the interval running yesterday, and did about 5 reps of the 30 second sprinting (each followed by 3 minutes of walking) when I just couldn't do anymore. I felt like complete crap the whole time, and I couldn't hardly breathe after the 3rd rep. Think I'll stick to jogging.

It is good to start slow but I think jogging is the way to go for now. I went on my second trip and it was better but then I got a pain in my side so I just walked the remaining trip home. Last thing I need is the pull something and take a step back.

yeah you should start off walking alot and then go inot jogging and once that gets easier and easier you then start full on running. You gotta build up a resistance and then push yourself harder.

Honestly, I've been jogging pretty steadily for a year now, about 3 times a week, but this interval thing is a whole other beast. I don't think that your body gets prepared for it via jogging.

It is a good method for getting over a stall in weight loss, I've used this method several times. Good ole HIIT!!!! (High Intense Interval Training) beats the lving ^^^^ outta yah! :rock

I wish i had a squat rack. I do em, but not as heavy as i'd like to.(my woman helps me put the bar on my shoulder with 125lbs so i don't get hurt) So i just do high rep for now 5 sets. (legs still ache the day after so it's working)

Went to the gym today, and did some weight training for the first time in a loooong time. I always hated weight training. In fact, I've only ever enjoyed jogging, but that wasn't losing me any weight by itself, so I'm gonna try to stick with this for awhile and see if a more balanced exercise regimen helps a bit.

If I know me, I'm gonna be sore as hell in a couple days.

weight training is the best weight loss technique out there, it burns more calories than anything else. I have never been able to get the results I wanted from jogging alone, only when I combine it with lifting.

And I used to hate it too, but that changed over time.

weight training is the best weight loss technique out there, it burns more calories than anything else. I have never been able to get the results I wanted from jogging alone, only when I combine it with lifting.

And I used to hate it too, but that changed over time.

I think, that at first, most people hate lifting weights and weight training. But once they see that they are getting results, they fall in love with it :rotfl:rotfl

Well, here's me as of today. Sent this on my phone to a friend and she wrote back I looked skinny, compared to where I was at least, but made me feel good haha.

sw_52309.jpg

Back