The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been using an elliptical exercise machine I just bought and the results so far have been pretty good. I have a ton more energy and I have loast about 10 lbs thus far in the last 2 weeks.

Eating something every couple of hours instead of loading up three times a day helps. I've found that everyone is different and you have to find what works for YOU. If I stay away from white breads, white pastas and potatoes I do pretty good. Drink plenty of water too.

Thats exactly what I am doing too. :rock

Man! You guys are machines!!
My typical week these days is approx 2-3 days a week 1.5hr a day before work, weight lifting routine (either chest,arms,biceps,triceps,back and legs) a bit of Football (Soccer) with my pals on a Tuesday night and a good heavy blast of CV (Running treadmills and Cross trainer) on a Sunday.
I try to eat good 90% of the time but me and my girl reserve Friday nights as a pig out night...

Eating something every couple of hours instead of loading up three times a day helps. I've found that everyone is different and you have to find what works for YOU. If I stay away from white breads, white pastas and potatoes I do pretty good. Drink plenty of water too.

Exactly, you really have to find what works for you. I find if I do hard running 4-5 days a week, I can still eat the things I enjoy. Maybe I'd lose more if I really change, but if I can keep losing without totally changing my life I'm going to.

I find I eat less now though simply because my stomach has shrunk for cutting back and working out.

2 months ago I could eat an entire large pepperoni pizza on my own, now I can struggle just to eat half of one.

Drinking more water than other beverages can help a whole lot though.

Another big thing for people to keep in mind, depending on your routine and all, if you're trying to lose weight, the scale may not be that good a judge of your progress because you'll be putting on muscle.

Right now, by the scale, I've only lost about 15lbs. I know I've burnt off more fat, but running hard at 300lbs, I've built up a huge ammount of muscle in my legs, and muscle weighs more than fat. I'd say I've got 10 lbs or so more in my scale weight because of the increased muscle mass.

The key is to find a type of exercise, a routine, a diet and a goal that works for you and stick to it.

I have to constantly workout because my butt will get way way too big. It comes from my moms side of the family. It's annoying.

OMG, my thread has been revived!! I completely forgot I started this thread in the first place :lol Thanks kabukiman for digging this thread back up :) Well, nothing new from me since I started this...Im still doing my weight training 4 to 5 days a week, at least an an hour to two hours for each session..I still don't eat as well as I should be, but Im doing ok...The only real problems I have is that Im not a big guy and if I don't consistently workout, I would get skinny because I have a fast metabolism, so it can be hard for me to keep the muscle I build if I don't workout regularly, and the other is that Im not a big eater, so it's hard for me to eat 5 to 6 meals a day, cause I just can't eat that much, but Im working on it, but overall Im content with the progress Ive made over the 5 years Ive been working out, but of course Im never happy, and always feel like I can look and feel and be healthier, but that's just me, heh...but anyway, that's just a lil update from me...keep the stories and comments coming guys, it's really great to hear from everybody and their fitness goals..Let's try and keep this thread alive! :)

OMG, my thread has been revived!! I completely forgot I started this thread in the first place :lol Thanks kabukiman for digging this thread back up :) Well, nothing new from me since I started this...Im still doing my weight training 4 to 5 days a week, at least an an hour to two hours for each session..I still don't eat as well as I should be, but Im doing ok...The only real problems I have is that Im not a big guy and if I don't consistently workout, I would get skinny because I have a fast metabolism, so it can be hard for me to keep the muscle I build if I don't workout regularly, and the other is that Im not a big eater, so it's hard for me to eat 5 to 6 meals a day, cause I just can't eat that much, but Im working on it, but overall Im content with the progress Ive made over the 5 years Ive been working out, but of course Im never happy, and always feel like I can look and feel and be healthier, but that's just me, heh...but anyway, that's just a lil update from me...keep the stories and comments coming guys, it's really great to hear from everybody and their fitness goals..Let's try and keep this thread alive! :)

Great thread in the first place mate :D Doubt it will keep going coz its like when people join a gym just after christmas, the intent is there but it soon dies away...at least until this time next year...:rolleyes:

Great thread in the first place mate :D Doubt it will keep going coz its like when people join a gym just after christmas, the intent is there but it soon dies away...at least until this time next year...:rolleyes:

Well I fully intend to stay committed to my plans, so you've got at least 4 more months out of me chiming in.

We finally had a good weekend weather-wise and I get a sinus infection on Thursday that leaves me cooped up all weekend......this rocks:(

My fitness levels have been greatly reduced since i stopped exercising....don't figure.:duh

Since our little one came along just haven't had the time or motivation.

I know thats no excuse but at least i did get back into it last weekend by pushing her up some massive hills and i still found i was reasonably fit.

My ultimate goal is to do an Ironman Triathlon just have to ...yes get motivated.

Maybe when my daughter is a little bit older so i dont feel quite as guilty about putting in the training.

Would love to show her that anything is possible if you truly believe in yourself.:cool:

Man do i sound like a dad or what?:D

I am in the same boat as MaulFan. I have lost about 40lbs in total but have put on tons more muscle. I eat less but my diet is not that great yet as I still have a few fast food trips in my week. I have a little bit more to go before I see the first six pack I have ever had in my life.

Congrats, Adam! :rock

Uh... my job is so dang physical that I rarely work out!
But I do have a old school Schwinn stationary bike in my living room that I use every so often.

I am a low carber though- I don't even keep bread or pasta in the house. I def don't do well eating lots of grain.
sad.gif

So, I only eat that as a treat in a restaurant. Get my carbs from veggies instead.
However, if I didn't do that, I would gain weight with or without my job. I gain weight just looking at bread! :lecture

:lol

I lift once a week for about 25 minutes. My job gives me a lot of working out, especially doing Bagua. Best cardio workout I've ever found.

Congrats, Adam! :rock

Uh... my job is so dang physical that I rarely work out!
But I do have a old school Schwinn stationary bike in my living room that I use every so often.

I am a low carber though- I don't even keep bread or pasta in the house. I def don't do well eating lots of grain.
sad.gif

So, I only eat that as a treat in a restaurant. Get my carbs from veggies instead.
However, if I didn't do that, I would gain weight with or without my job. I gain weight just looking at bread! :lecture

:lol

Well, my weakness is gummy bears :drool those are dangerous to me and jelly beans...I don't eat much pasta at all, but I do love my bagel and cream cheese in the morning....That's semi healthy right? :lol

I could never do the low carb diet, I love bread and I love pasta. I am cutting back on how much of those I eat, but I can't cut them totally out or too low either.

Back