The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JC: I'm solid for my height (Only 5'8" 190lbs 10% bf)

Astronaut: Yeah, I cop alot of $%!# off people from the way that I eat, they all tell me that when I get into my mid-late thirties i'm going to stop doing this and it's all going to tun into fat, no way that's ever going to happen. Ironically it's the people that are fat/overweight that give me grief about my diet. They make me feel guilty because they don't have the discipline to eat right.

Good for you. Don't listen to those fat bastards, they know absolutely nothing about training hard or eating right. Believe me I know how you feel because I use to get the same bull crap from those type of people all the time. If I was to listen to all that negativity I would look like crap just like them. Some idiots don't know that muscle and fat are two entirely separate things. It's impossible for muscle to turn into fat. :rolleyes: However, I'm sure you know more muscle will burn more calories.

Don't worry muscle has memory and you'll still be able to retain a lot of your natural muscle well past your 40's even if you only train occasionally. I don't train like a mad man anymore; however, I do train to maintain. Now I haven't gotten any bigger; but, I have retained a lot of good muscle just from occasional training. To this day some of the negative slobs that I knew are in such terrible health and have so many medical problems not to mention they look like ^^^^.:lol Just keep doing what your doing and train hard because just think how you'll look in 20 years compared to all the blobs who talk trash. Plus working out and being in shape makes you feel good about yourself. I know it gave me many positive experiences.

Astronaut: Yeah, I cop alot of $%!# off people from the way that I eat, they all tell me that when I get into my mid-late thirties i'm going to stop doing this and it's all going to tun into fat, no way that's ever going to happen. Ironically it's the people that are fat/overweight that give me grief about my diet. They make me feel guilty because they don't have the discipline to eat right.

Yeah don't let the negativity bring you down man, cause for the negativity you do get, there are alot more ppl im sure you inspire..So keep up the good work man and be proud of how healthy and good you look, cause you've earned it :)

I'm a big time gym rat. Aside from collecting I love lifting weights.

I'm around 5'11" 184lbs about 12% bodyfat and trying to get up around 195lb. Hope to get there at some point this year.

Glad to see others here workout too.

Was going to go for my second run yesterday (first was on Sunday) and totally wussed out. :monkey2

It's too easy to come up with excuses -

- I'm still sore from the previous run
- I had to work today
- I had errands to run today
- I haven't eaten yet
- I just ate
- It's too early
- It's too late

I think I'm going to have to bust out the big guns already: The Rocky theme is going on the iPod. :rock

My uncle used to body build. He went to pot around 40. Your body will change and you'll have to change with it. You probably won't be able to eat as much as you do now 10 years from now.

Good for you. Don't listen to those fat bastards, they know absolutely nothing about training hard or eating right. Believe me I know how you feel because I use to get the same bull crap from those type of people all the time. If I was to listen to all that negativity I would look like crap just like them. Some idiots don't know that muscle and fat are two entirely separate things. It's impossible for muscle to turn into fat. :rolleyes: However, I'm sure you know more muscle will burn more calories.

Don't worry muscle has memory and you'll still be able to retain a lot of your natural muscle well past your 40's even if you only train occasionally. I don't train like a mad man anymore; however, I do train to maintain. Now I haven't gotten any bigger; but, I have retained a lot of good muscle just from occasional training. To this day some of the negative slobs that I knew are in such terrible health and have so many medical problems not to mention they look like ^^^^.:lol Just keep doing what your doing and train hard because just think how you'll look in 20 years compared to all the blobs who talk trash. Plus working out and being in shape makes you feel good about yourself. I know it gave me many positive experiences.

Now you guys know how it feels to get negative things said to you when you're overweight, though I'm sure it's not nearly as bad. I have a great friend who gets grief all the time from people and she's really not that overweight, at least to me. Everyone has an idea of what people should look like and if you don't, you catch hell. Screw 'em! :)

Hey MikeBrown30,
May I make a suggestion?

If you care (and you may not!), but if you care about your body's ability to metabolize vitamins and minerals from your food, put some good quality *real* butter on your veggies. The human body cannot assimilate many vitamins, especially A, without some saturated fat. Our ancestors knew this, hence the glorious ritual of butter on potatoes and yams.

It's not the evil that the ill informed doctors would have you believe and that kind of fat will not make you fat. Just the reverse.

Hey MikeBrown30,
May I make a suggestion?

If you care (and you may not!), but if you care about your body's ability to metabolize vitamins and minerals from your food, put some good quality *real* butter on your veggies. The human body cannot assimilate many vitamins, especially A, without some saturated fat. Our ancestors knew this, hence the glorious ritual of butter on potatoes and yams.

It's not the evil that the ill informed doctors would have you believe and that kind of fat will not make you fat. Just the reverse.

Butter.:drool:drool:drool

Bodie used to spread butter on his nipples but I don't think he's been doing that anymore...

images.jpg

Hey MikeBrown30,
May I make a suggestion?

Amen to that! It's vegetable and hydroginated (?) oils that will do that.

My uncle used to body build. He went to pot around 40. Your body will change and you'll have to change with it. You probably won't be able to eat as much as you do now 10 years from now.

Yeah, i'm hoping that won't be for a longggg time (22 years old right now). I'm thinking maybe to run some HGH as I get older to stay lean and hold onto the muscle cells that I still have. I'm not sure if I'll go as far as steroids, but I have to see where i'm at in 20 years time. Thanks for your support people.

And if you're not in the mood to go to the gym/do cardio etc, just get off your ass and do it, you don't want to get into the habit of skipping sessions. You will feel 100x better even if you force yourself, than not going at all. Also when you train and eat healthy, you will look fantastic, and you will get compliments from all people, guys, girls whatever.....which only helps to motivate you more.

Take care of yourselves and bodies.

Hey guys, reading this stuff and so glad I found this thread! I need some help from some of the more experienced guys here. I am 5'8 and 188 pounds but its all fat and I have a little gut/love handles/what appears to be man boobs forming (this is my motivation, i don't want them) I wanted to loose some weight (fat) and get more defined muscles. I do not want to get into body building to become huge, more so just defined (like the Ryan Reynolds Picture). Does anyone have some advice for diet and workout routines for the week? Thanks!

Well nobody accidentally gets huge. Watch your calorie intake and do some mild cardio 30 minutes a day.

I'm about where you're at, spenca7. I'm 6'0" 183 and it's all in the gut and boobs. :monkey2

My plan is to hit crardio hard until Im in the low 170's, then start strength training on my abs. Not sure what to do about the boobs though... :monkey2

That's my plan. I don't know if it's a good one though. :peace

Was going to go for my second run yesterday (first was on Sunday) and totally wussed out. :monkey2

It's too easy to come up with excuses -

- I'm still sore from the previous run
- I had to work today
- I had errands to run today
- I haven't eaten yet
- I just ate
- It's too early
- It's too late

I think I'm going to have to bust out the big guns already: The Rocky theme is going on the iPod. :rock

The best excuse I always have is to return a DVD, my gym has a little DVD collection you can rent for free but you gotta return them the next day so I always grab a movie, I may not even watch it but at least then I am motivated to return so I don't have to pay a penalty lol. :D

i used to work out hard 4 days a week, but now with my exhausting job taking its toll, my weekly schedule is now only 1 day of mma, 1 day lifting arms/back and another doing chest.......i miss my energy :( didnt realize how many buff ppl are collectors :naughty

Back