The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I get in then I will have to start training, hard, I've done cross country running before and I know it will be really tough but I know i'll be able to get through if I set my mind to it

If I get in then I will have to start training, hard, I've done cross country running before and I know it will be really tough but I know i'll be able to get through if I set my mind to it

btw I edited my post Joker. May want to read it, if you desire to.

Of course you can accomplish anything you put your mind to, but the effort and hard work needs to follow those intentions. You keep working at it and putting forth the necessary effort, and you'll be kick-ass! :)

You can be anything you want to be. Just have to work for it. Some people will never recognize that because they are too scared or too lazy.

I'm trying my best to get back into shape. Getting back into a routine is hard though. After my football career ended I wanted to disassociate myself from the game and all that surronds it for a while. Unfortunately that while turned into 3 years. I'll have weeks where I feel motivated and go out and start some cardio for a couple days in a row and then just find myself falling off again. It's funny that I'm the exact same weight as when I played ball, only now, it's a completely different looking weight. :lol

btw I edited my post Joker. May want to read it, if you desire to.

Of course you can accomplish anything you put your mind to, but the effort and hard work needs to follow those intentions. You keep working at it and putting forth the necessary effort, and you'll be kick-ass! :)

You can be anything you want to be. Just have to work for it. Some people will never recognize that because they are too scared or too lazy.

:wave:wave:wave LAZY OVER HERE!!!:D

Resurrecting this thread since spring is in the air! :peace

Actually, I'm resurrecting this thread because I fell off the wagon. For the first time ever in my life, I'm over 180 lbs. :monkey4:monkey2

From now on, it's diet soda, and regular exercise for me. I bought some running shoes (my first pair since high school 10 years ago), some new training clothes and am ordering up an iPod nano (my 3rd gen is pretty bulky). Also dusted off the Wii Fit for motivation.

No more pregnant belly and man-boobs for me! :rock

Anybody else ready to hit the gym (or the track, as it were)? Any success stories from this thread (or the similar Nike+ iPod thread)?

I'm thinking about hitting the gym again. I don't think standing most of the day counts as exercise. :)

I just started working out a month ago, been unemployed since the beginning of the year and doing no real labour has left me a bit soft lol and it feels great to be able to lose my energy on a weekly basis! Also been looking into what I eat and such.

About a month and a half ago I was a hair away from 200lbs. I'm 6'1, but have a thin overall frame. It was all in my gut from sitting at work for 10hrs a day. That was the heaviest I've ever seen the scale go, so the next week I started going to the gym 3-4 days a week for a couple hrs. I've been eating better and not stuffing myself. This will be week 5 coming up and I've dropped 14lbs and you can definitely see the difference already. I'm hoping to make it down to 175-170 area by summertime. :cool:

14 lbs in 5 is a pretty good clip, that's encouraging! Can I ask what your routine is, praxitas?

Well, im new to the whole gym thing. So, I don't know if what im doing is the way to go. I've just been using one of those elliptical cross country machines. I started out pretty low as far as tension went and just kinda built myself up. When I started I went for a half hour pretty hard. Now I'm up to 45 minutes. Each time I try to up the tension a bit. By the time im done I can barely walk and i'm covered in sweat, but thats the point I guess. After that then I go over and just hit some of the lifting machines for toning. I would not be surprised at all if most of the weight drop is do to better eating to be honest, but the exercise does have me feeling better energy wise. I start the morning with a bowl of cheerios, for lunch i've been eating alot of salads or grilled chicken salads with lite dressing and then a small dinner. Any and all snacking consists of fruit or veggies. Once i get back down to where I should be I'll ease up on my eating habits. I "do" give myself some breaks here and there though :naughty

45 minutes?!? :horror For my first run today, I was winded and to stop and walk after about 2 minutes! :rotfl I'm told this is normal for beginners - I hope so.

Interesting about the eating... My plan was to ease off the over-eating and the snacking a little but not change it too much. I'll have to keep that in mind if I don't see any changes after some weeks.

Well they do say that 90% of weight loss is food...

;)

I am doing my fair share of cardio and weight lifting but am definitely watching what I eat. Stuff like pasta and meat is real good, and eggs or fruit for snacks. I usually eat some boiled eggs or carrots when I am hungry, and yes I only eat the eggwhite.

Never saw this thread, but figure I'll share my story.

I'm 6'4", back in the fall I weighed in at 314 lbs. I started to jog but some wedding and the holidays kept me busy and I fell out of my routine.

At the end of January, I started up again. I didn't weigh myself, but I'm guessing I was still around 314lbs.

This past week concluded week 6 for me, 4 days a week running for 30 minutes. I've got a routine down, every 2 weeks I increase the levels on the treadmill.

As of last Monday I weighed in at 299lbs, the first time I've been under 300lbs since I graduated college in 2005, it was a real milestone for me and the achievement has me driven towards my end goal.

For my height and build my goal is to be 260lbs by summer.

45 minutes?!?

Just remember that is where I'm at now. Plus those gliders are a bit easier on ya then running for sure. The food I think is key. I haven't had pizza since I started this and it really makes the monkey cry :monkey2 . Once you get on a machine and it shows you what it takes to burn XXX amount of calories it makes you think twice about what you want to eat. :lol

Eating something every couple of hours instead of loading up three times a day helps. I've found that everyone is different and you have to find what works for YOU. If I stay away from white breads, white pastas and potatoes I do pretty good. Drink plenty of water too.

Back