The Rian Johnson Star Wars Trilogy - Episode I

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He already said it's not going to be KOTOR

I'd like to see something way after the main movies or something way out of the current timeline. Actually, if I were doing the sequel trilogy I probably would have had it way after the main characters had died.
I know. I read that a while back. A guy can dream though.

Actually, I saw a statement that he wasn’t completely disregarding it. Dunno if it’s true though, as by that time my hopes were sinking. :lol

I don't believe this news is anything more than "a feeler". I doubt a Rian Three will ever come to pass. Perhaps as a 3-part cartoon or something for the Disney channel or their streaming service.

If they really wanted Rian, why didn't they give him Ep. 9. He's right there.

Just another marketing ploy.
There are no new movies on the table outside of EpIX.

Even the Kenobi one is just a talk and nothing more.

I don't believe this news is anything more than "a feeler". I doubt a Rian Three will ever come to pass. Perhaps as a 3-part cartoon or something for the Disney channel or their streaming service.

i hope it happens, i want the chaos train to keep on going lol

He'll never touch SW again. Naturally, TLJ defenders will say it was his choice to step away from SW.

I believe it was reported that he turned down Episode IX in lieu of spearheading the new trilogy.

I'm sure it was reported that way. Seems like the best way to "make good" for all accounts.

And rather than pull from their pantheon of director possibilities -- rather than expand this new Star Wars that Rian had unleashed -- Disney decided to go right back to the safe, uninventive, non-challenging choice: JJ Abrams.

Actually I don't know that they ever said that Episode IX was offered to Johnson. Obviously Trevorrow was set to direct it and then when that fell through they announced it'd be going back to Abrams which surprised people who assumed that it'd just be Johnson again. Then they announced Johnson's new trilogy shortly after which gave the impression that he was already locked in for that which would have conflicted with him stepping in for Trevorrow.

Not that any of it matters since everyone who hated TLJ will spin literally *every* bit of news into "proof" that TLJ sucked, Disney is burying the truth, blackmailing their own stars, assassinating critics and fans who oppose them while making it look like an accident, etc., lol.

for the love of god i hope this happens. i hope hes the only writer too

A message from OSCORP.
giphy.gif

And you thought that Star Wars was only a movie...HAHA ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Back