The Reaper:Death's General - The Dead Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Grim Reaper The Dead

The Dead is not a brand. Pepsi is a brand, one umbrella for multiple products. If I take Mountain Dew and stick in a Cherry Coke bottle it doesn't make it fine because they are Pepsi products. Sideshow Originals is a brand just like Marvel, DC, Lord of the Rings, the products produced within those brands support it.

The Dead is for Zombies, 50 results in the Sideshow site alone to support that. Suddenly throwing a Grim Reaper in there and calling it The Dead doesn't make it so.

This isn't a Dead piece unless Sideshow takes the time to tie to the established storyline plain and simple. It's like releasing an SSC Frankenstein under The Dead brand just because they are horror based.

If that doesn't matter to you fine but that doesn't mean you have to argue or even discuss people into seeing otherwise because it ain't happening.

The Dead is not a brand. Pepsi is a brand, one umbrella for multiple products. If I take Mountain Dew and stick in a Cherry Coke bottle it doesn't make it fine because they are Pepsi products. Sideshow Originals is a brand just like Marvel, DC, Lord of the Rings, the products produced within those brands support it.

The Dead is for Zombies, 50 results in the Sideshow site alone to support that. Suddenly throwing a Grim Reaper in there and calling it The Dead doesn't make it so.

This isn't a Dead piece unless Sideshow takes the time to tie to the established storyline plain and simple. It's like releasing an SSC Frankenstein under The Dead brand just because they are horror based.

If that doesn't matter to you fine but that doesn't mean you have to argue or even discuss people into seeing otherwise because it ain't happening.

:goodpost::exactly::goodpost:

:lecture:lecture:lecture

fonzie.jpg

jesus christ (also a zombie) .... i cant believe there is _____ing and moaning about this being under The Dead label..... ok, put a piece of duct tape over The Dead logo and pretend SS just released a bad-ass Grim Reaper ..... all better now? :monkey1

jesus christ (also a zombie) .... i cant believe there is _____ing and moaning about this being under The Dead label..... ok, put a piece of duct tape over The Dead logo and pretend SS just released a bad-ass Grim Reaper ..... all better now? :monkey1

Nope. :tap

When they continuing release ____ing Zombies then I'll be all better now. Until then keep this ____ out of THE DEAD and stick it into Sideshow Originals or some other new line for it.

:goodpost::exactly:

:lol

To be honest I don't get all the hoopla either. And I do believe there will be a story to go with the Reaper. I don't see anything wrong with them expanding the line (or at least the PF/statue part) to include other things that involve death or being dead.

If it's a piece I like and want in my collection, it doesn't matter much to me what label they put it under.

It is a mindblowing statue, and Death is an integral character in any zombie story, but I have to side with the whiners on this one. Unacceptable inclusion in the line until we start getting 1:6 dead again.

Gotta side with the whiners on this one too. This started with the introduction of the Templar figure which MAAAAAAAY have a way of fitting in the line but with this figure it's all just been thrown out the window.

Oh, given how The Dead have been selling in polystone, I'm sure there'll be more than enough to go around... next October too. :lol

No matter what line or brand this statue should or should not fall under, I like it! I'd better start saving now 'cause this thing is huge.

Back