The Reaper:Death's General - The Dead Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Grim Reaper The Dead

^
Cool, at least we know he has at least a cape. If there's an attached hood then I'm sold.

I think this is a very cool peice. But to throw it in The Daed line just to say.."see we have continued The Dead" is crap.

wow. bad ass.... kinda wish it was 1/6 too cause then I wouldn't be interested .... :monkey1

^
Cool, at least we know he has at least a cape. If there's an attached hood then I'm sold.

Yeah, definitely needs a hood. I know someone local that does custom sewing work, so I will just have one made if it doesn't....

This thing is exactly the style I love to collect. This will hopefully be the first decent Dead PF since PZ (who is still my favorite PF ever).

My guess is $399. If the EX (or reg) has a hooded portrait, I am already sold. Love that creepy-ass print with the child too!

Does it have a cloak/hood?

I'm not sure because I don't remember to be honest.

I saw this at the dinner too and it was AMAZING and HUGE. You'll need a lot of room for it...but damn it was so cool.

There's a whole story about why there are 3 arms....I wish I could remember...I think the smaller one is the one that rips the soul out of the body....one holds the scythe and the other maybe holds the victim. Can't remember exactly.

Yeah, its something like that. The story was pretty chilling with how the piece looked.

My guess is $399. If the EX (or reg) has a hooded portrait, I am already sold. Love that creepy-ass print with the child too!

Yeah, it will probably be around that price. The Templar was $350, and so is the Joker. And this bigger than Joker and at least as big, if not bigger than the Templar.

This statue is definitely bigger than those two. And the base is huge and highly detailed.

You can't get more Dead than Death himself :dunno

But Death ain't a zombie. :huh

but he's still dead:wink1:

How clever. The Dead line which had it's inception in 2005 through Sideshow's own hand was a Zombie based line given not only their offerings but also their own media publications to support said line. While as early as 2007 they began to mention via Ask Sideshows as well as chats during their own events about incorporating other creatures such as vampires or werewolves within their own brand as accompaniments but not as rebranding or expanding the line within itself.

If they made a PF of a mutilated ghost would people simply post, can't get more dead than a ghost or it's still something dead! Give me a break. Sideshow has made no mention of rebranding this line into other depictions nor did they ever mention that the line would be expanded past Zombies to include anything within the horror brand.

As fans of The Dead who have been following it since it began there is the opening and opportunity to complain about it since it's something that is being changed upon it. This could have been just a Sideshow originals piece. Or even the kick off of another line to compliment it but if this is being published under The Dead then it's cause for a bit of concern since the line is moving in a position that isn't supporting the original inception 6 years ago.

If people like it fine, it is a great looking piece but it doesn't change the fact that Sideshow that stopped supporting the line with Zombies in 1:6 and have obviously instead of giving a new Zombie piece in any formatting decided to go with an artist interpretation of The Grim Reaper and publish it under that banner. The Dead was for Zombies for 6 years. As Nam pointed out Death is NOT a Zombie. Now if it's gone to something more then it's completely disappointing which I expressed and let it lie, although thank you for the opportunity to pontificate about my feelings on this piece past those original 7 words with this witty banter.

I hear you Mike. I've been with the Dead line since the very begining. And I still want them to go back to 1:6 scale. But I wouldn't at all be against them adding other creatures to the line besides zombies. Sure the Dead has always been about those flesh eaters we love, but I am OK with them expanding it.

Plus they never have answered WHY the Dead have risen. Perhaps they are going the Nekron route and the Grim Reaper is the answer to it. He is the master of the Dead afterall. So maybe he is behind the zombies :dunno You got to look at the big picture and when you do, I think the Grim Reaper is a perfectly acceptable addition to the line.

]Plus they never have answered WHY the Dead have risen. Perhaps they are going the Nekron route and the Grim Reaper is the answer to it. He is the master of the Dead afterall. So maybe he is behind the zombies :dunno You got to look at the big picture and when you do, I think the Grim Reaper is a perfectly acceptable addition to the line.

IF and that is a big IF they decide to go back and say The Grim Reaper is behind The Dead then fine (I sincerely have my doubts which is why the if is there), although I sincerely remember that they were going the "infection" route as early as the containment unit Zombie but I'm not willing to go through their stuff for the sake of the argument (so would The Reaper be the cause of the infection?) but if this has nothing to do with Zombies just an awesome Grim Reaper that they decided to make ____ this piece and ____ whomever decided that they would simply use The Dead as a generic branding and throw away 6 years of established fandom. You can't deny they could have simply called this "Sideshow Monsters" as a line and have this be the first or even "Modern Mythology" or something without including The Dead (if it has nothing to do with zombies that is).

I wouldn't mind them expanding The Dead into other creature types if they were still making 1:6 zombies.

I wouldn't mind them expanding The Dead into other creature types if they were still making 1:6 zombies.

:exactly:
Believe me I miss the 1:6 zombies a lot and I hope they continue with them, but I wouldn't mind having more horror type creatures into the mix. I definitely could use a Werewolf PF in my horror collection. :D

It would be awesome to see original artist renderings of werewolves and vampires and other monsters in 1:4 scale. This statue in particular is amazing, and I love that they added the third arm. When it comes to concepts that have been done thousands of times, I'll take ingenuity over classicism any day.

Back