The Reaper:Death's General - The Dead Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Grim Reaper The Dead

The Dead is a brand. That's how this this particular piece fits in and as far as I understand the zombie part of this line will be back. It's just that SS is going to expand things a bit with pieces like this. It looked cool and personally I've got no problem with it being added to The Dead brand.

I don't think they will ever go back to 1:6 zombies.

Curse you Sideshow!!!!!

I hear you Mike. I've been with the Dead line since the very begining. And I still want them to go back to 1:6 scale. But I wouldn't at all be against them adding other creatures to the line besides zombies. Sure the Dead has always been about those flesh eaters we love, but I am OK with them expanding it.

Plus they never have answered WHY the Dead have risen. Perhaps they are going the Nekron route and the Grim Reaper is the answer to it. He is the master of the Dead afterall. So maybe he is behind the zombies :dunno You got to look at the big picture and when you do, I think the Grim Reaper is a perfectly acceptable addition to the line.

You, good sir, need to do some research on the Grim Reaper. He's not the "master" of death. He's not even dead. He's the angle of death sent to oversee the passing of life into death. He doesn't kill and he doesn't really have much say on what happens when someone dies. He's just a messenger/observer depending on beliefs. :wink1:

The Dead is a brand. That's how this this particular piece fits in and as far as I understand the zombie part of this line will be back. It's just that SS is going to expand things a bit with pieces like this. It looked cool and personally I've got no problem with it being added to The Dead brand.

Given they've already perverted their own storyline with the Templar who was a step away from the initial realization, I guess this is further in that direction with a giant leap away from the continuity they, themselves established for The Dead. It would be a different story if Sideshow, themselves, hadn't gone balls-deep in creating a storyline for their original Zombie license. :huh

Yep, that's why I buy Sideshow Originals....Storyline.

Man, I can't wait to see what happens next!

PLEASE DEPOSIT $299.99 TO CONTINUE. STORY WILL BE CONTINUED 2ND QUARTER 2012.

Yep, that's why I buy Sideshow Originals....Storyline.

Man, I can't wait to see what happens next!

PLEASE DEPOSIT $299.99 TO CONTINUE. STORY WILL BE CONTINUED 2ND QUARTER 2012.

Yup, that's why I'm glad my join date....precedes 2010.

Man, at least I have a clue what I'm talking about!

PLEASE SHUSH AND LET THE GROWN-UPS TALK ABOUT A LICENSE THEY'VE BEEN FOLLOWING SINCE THE BEGINNING.

The Dead is not a brand. The Dead is a specific line that was created for Sideshow by Sideshow exactly like their Six Guns line or their WWII line. To say that anything horror could just be released as The Dead is like saying "we're going to keep the Indiana Jones line going by releasing a Nicolas Cage National Treasure PF! I mean they were both adventure/travelers with daddy issues right?" or we are going to continue "The Buffy line by releasing Eliza Dushku from Dollhouse! I mean she was in Buffy and it was a Whedon project right?"

People may love the piece, hell I really like it and if there wasn't a ton of stuff coming out in the next 2 quarters I'd probably get it but even the biggest fan of this piece can't deny that it's a perversion of the line given the way Sideshow themselves set it up and that the people that aren't bothered by it are simply choosing not to care about it given their fondness for the piece. It doesn't mean that those of us who were there from the beginning, who have the Christmas ornament, who tried to order a Stealth Patient Zero, who have all four babysitters, the originals and variants of the tactical soldier, businessman, doctors and even went full in on the larger pieces can't be fully pissed that when Sideshow was teasing a continuance of The Dead that when it finally came it had absolutely nothing to do with Zombies.

Yup, that's why I'm glad my join date....precedes 2010.

Man, at least I have a clue what I'm talking about!

PLEASE SHUSH AND LET THE GROWN-UPS TALK ABOUT A LICENSE THEY'VE BEEN FOLLOWING SINCE THE BEGINNING.

Just kidding there chief. Try not to take yourself so seriously....it doesn't take 30,000 posts to earn the right to make a joke.

I do see your point about storyline cohesion...It just isn't a priority for me with this line.

The Dead is not a brand. The Dead is a specific line that was created for Sideshow by Sideshow exactly like their Six Guns line or their WWII line. To say that anything horror could just be released as The Dead is like saying "we're going to keep the Indiana Jones line going by releasing a Nicolas Cage National Treasure PF! I mean they were both adventure/travelers with daddy issues right?" or we are going to continue "The Buffy line by releasing Eliza Dushku from Dollhouse! I mean she was in Buffy and it was a Whedon project right?"

People may love the piece, hell I really like it and if there wasn't a ton of stuff coming out in the next 2 quarters I'd probably get it but even the biggest fan of this piece can't deny that it's a perversion of the line given the way Sideshow themselves set it up and that the people that aren't bothered by it are simply choosing not to care about it given their fondness for the piece. It doesn't mean that those of us who were there from the beginning, who have the Christmas ornament, who tried to order a Stealth Patient Zero, who have all four babysitters, the originals and variants of the tactical soldier, businessman, doctors and even went full in on the larger pieces can't be fully pissed that when Sideshow was teasing a continuance of The Dead that when it finally came it had absolutely nothing to do with Zombies.

Fair point. I remember refusing to buy certain Marvel figures when I was a kid because the character didn't appear in the storyline depicted on the packaging....so I guess it just matters how into the 'brand' you are.

Given they've already perverted their own storyline with the Templar who was a step away from the initial realization, I guess this is further in that direction with a giant leap away from the continuity they, themselves established for The Dead. It would be a different story if Sideshow, themselves, hadn't gone balls-deep in creating a storyline for their original Zombie license. :huh

They're not tying it in with the zombie story line as far as I know it just falls under The Dead brand. The Dead is still going to deal with Zombies as a whole though even when the 1:6th does come back.

It is a brand Mike. SS themselves to me at comic-con has referred to it as a brand. So while you and others may not feel its that it is.

It doesn't bother me because I've enjoyed the line for what it was. The story was great but the last two pieces to fall under this brand doesn't make me feel any less about what was done before. This is coming from someone who has been there for all of that and collecting Sideshow longer than most here.

Last edited:

They're not tying it in with the zombie story line as far as I know it just falls under The Dead brand. The Dead is still going to deal with Zombies as a whole though even when the 1:6th does come back.

Then why not just make him a Sideshow Originals like Vlad and Blackbeard? Why put him under The Dead license if he's got nothing to do with it? :confused: :lol

Cool piece but seriously it (and the knight) has no place in a line about zombies and is completely outside the story SS where trying to tell in the first place. Just lame lame lame.

Back