"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well he can go cry to Singer, Allen, Polanski, Gunn and Bautista now lol

I respect Munn for refusing to work with a pedo!

She’s quickly becoming one of my favorite Hollywood bimbos ehhh actresses I mean, full respect yo.

Last edited:
Yeah I know that my overt criticism is being done in a vacuum I won’t really know how I feel until I actually see it.

Cinema is fun because one mans trash is another mans fortune.

Yep The Predator is definitely trash but if you grew up enjoying crap like Laserblast, Evilspeak, Christine, etc., like me then you can enjoy this too. I love the first Predator as much as anyone but at the end of the day this isn't a franchise that I give two craps about "the mythos." It sounds silly to even use the word "mythos" in the same sentence as these films. These movies are about monsters that come to Earth to do nothing but **** people up. The end. There's your mythos, lol. All I ask is that the mayhem be entertaining and that the creatures look cool.

This isn't some epic "saga" where I scrutinize what's canon and what isn't. I really don't care. Just make these things vicious and cool and don't annoy me with the human characters. Predator 1, Predator 2, and now The Predator are the only three to have delivered in that regard for me.

If I want art I'll go to Alien 1 or BR 2049.

Yeah mythos should definately come last place in a movie about giant aliens lol

I actually have a very simple grading system.

Did Khev, JAWS and Biojex like it or even easier did Chakor hate it lol

Looks like a few weren't fans of my posts complaining about this film. :lol

I will now go vault boy mode and post 20 minute videos about how KK ruined the Predator franchise. :rotfl

Yeah mythos should definately come last place in a movie about giant aliens lol

I actually have a very simple grading system.

Did Khev, JAWS and Biojex like it or even easier did Chakor hate it lol

:lol :lol

My review is that it's a mixed bag for sure. Whether you enjoy it or hate it will come down to how important you think the elements were that they did well and how important you think the elements were that were done poorly.

Just got back.

Thought the trailer was actually cool and had some decent hopes for this.

It was trash. Especially that ending.

These movies are for 5 year olds.

Not buying any products from it.

I’m out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got back. Folks after six Predator movies it is what it is. I give full props to this one in making something different which in all honestly I found entertaining. I think this one will bring out conversations in years to come and opened up and brings new elements to the Predator lore something that we have not seen since P2. Also full props for recognizing P1 & P2 in this movie. Will but on blu ray.

Just got back. Folks after six Predator movies it is what it is. I give full props to this one in making something different which in all honestly I found entertaining. I think this one will bring out conversations in years to come and opened up and brings new elements to the Predator lore something that we have not seen since P2. Also full props for recognizing P1 & P2 in this movie. Will but on blu ray.

Yep, exactly. If the crappy AvP:R can endure 10 years on the strength of a Wolf Predator that you can't even see then TP will have no trouble standing the test of time either, lol.

I've seen some comments in this thread about the 1987 Predator leaving behind the "Predator Killer." Am I crazy, or wasn't that on the Fugitive Predator's ship? I'll gladly admit if I'm wrong, but I don't recall them saying anything about the 1987 Predator leaving that (awful) thing behind, so I'm not sure where some of you are getting that.

I've seen some comments in this thread about the 1987 Predator leaving behind the "Predator Killer." Am I crazy, or wasn't that on the Fugitive Predator's ship? I'll gladly admit if I'm wrong, but I don't recall them saying anything about the 1987 Predator leaving that (awful) thing behind, so I'm not sure where some of you are getting that.

Wait is that what people complaining about TP destroying "the mythos" are claiming?? :lol The dumb Predator Killer suit was brought by the Fugitive. It's the whole reason he was considered a traitor and being chased in the first place! How would anyone think that the 1987 Predator wanted people to have it, lol. When they said it was brought by the first Predator they meant the first one out of the two (Fugitive and Upgrade) that had most recently arrived on the Earth.

The whole plot of the movie was centered around the Fugitive bringing the suit, good grief people, lol.

Just got back.

I’m out.

You are SO NOT getting an invitation to Khev’s 6th birthday party!

SO NOT!

Yep, exactly. If the crappy AvP:R can endure 10 years on the strength of a Wolf Predator that you can't even see then TP will have no trouble standing the test of time either, lol.

There are quarterly Wolf Predator meetings at my local comic shop!

Can’t wait for the monthly Predator Armor vote. :lol

Fox said 87 Predator is getting a directors cut showing the JH leaving it behind AND playing with Billy’s arm.

You are SO NOT getting an invitation to Khev’s 6th birthday party!

SO NOT!

:lol :lol

Can’t wait for the monthly Predator Armor vote. :lol

Earlier I said that the "thumbs up" and the dogs were the lamest parts of the movie but I keep forgetting about that stupid suit. It really can't be overstated how dumb it is, you have to see it for yourself. It's like if the Venom symbiote attached to you and turned you into Michael Bay's Megatron. It's *that* idiotic, lol. They should have just had Danny Glover get out of the pod since Arnold said no because that suit was beyond lame.

Wait is that what people complaining about TP destroying "the mythos" are claiming?? :lol The dumb Predator Killer suit was brought by the Fugitive. It's the whole reason he was considered a traitor and being chased in the first place! How would anyone think that the 1987 Predator wanted people to have it, lol. When they said it was brought by the first Predator they meant the first one out of the two (Fugitive and Upgrade) that had most recently arrived on the Earth.

The whole plot of the movie was centered around the Fugitive bringing the suit, good grief people, lol.

I say this as someone who didn't care much for the movie (I'd give it a 2.5/5), but I'm reading a lot of criticism from folks who either haven't seen the film, or couldn't comprehend it. People love to jump on the ****-talking wagon. :lol

Fox said 87 Predator is getting a directors cut showing the JH leaving it behind AND playing with Billy’s arm.
:rotfl I'm out unless there are Banthas passing directly in the foreground, obscuring the focal point of the scene.

Just got back.

I’m out.

Damn Chaver. You wanted the Fugitive bust too right and sold the coolprops P2 for it? At least you're not lying to yourself mate. The film sucked. A Prime 1 P1 or P2 bust should pop up sooner or later anyway.

Have sideshow got the license to this? We might get an iron man predator suit maquette to go with iron man lol.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Back