"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn Chaver. You wanted the Fugitive bust too right and sold the coolprops P2 for it? At least you're not lying to yourself mate. The film sucked. A Prime 1 P1 or P2 bust should pop up sooner or later anyway.

Have sideshow got the license to this? We might get an iron man predator suit maquette to go with iron man lol.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

No, I didn’t sell the P2 for it. I really just fell out of love with it.

Was gonna get the fugitive, yes. But I think I’m gonna hold out for something else. Like you said, P1 is sure to release more busts.

I think we all need stop watching remakes. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what Black wanted in the third act before Fox said "what the actual ****" and made him reshoot it as a more traditional humans vs. alien finale.

1528519943346.jpg

DKReTYMW0AAJ_1s.jpg

Bit **** that HT didn't put the Pred up for PO the weekend it came out.

No surprise. Hot Toys now knows that it can announce figures and then never release them if the reaction to the movie is negative and it makes no difference to them. I wonder how that Alien Covenant figure is coming along.

They can always fall back on Iron Man collectors to keep them going. Fans of other licenses really don't matter at all anymore.

Obiously he doesn't know.

It’s not him.

It’s the times we live in.

These types movies are made by the studios not the directors. IMO

They’re all dowsed with that internet punk filth.

I find it interesting that they have to keep remaking these old films for the newer audiences. (I say newer because they’re not for the original audience)

It’s like some sort of indoctrination.. Cause it’s not money.. how much are they gonna make on this? What’s the point?

It’s not him.

It’s the times we live in.

These types movies are made by the studios not the directors. IMO

Fury Road and BR 2049 beg to differ. ;) Heck even the maligned TLJ was was a director's affair.

Yes studios can wrongly meddle to the film's detriment but look at the pics above, what choice did Fox have in this case. Also remember that if the studio had allowed Whedon to make AoU the way he wanted we would have had two hours of farmhouses and hot tubs, lol.

Yep The Predator is definitely trash but if you grew up enjoying crap like Laserblast, Evilspeak, Christine, etc., like me then you can enjoy this too. I love the first Predator as much as anyone but at the end of the day this isn't a franchise that I give two craps about "the mythos." It sounds silly to even use the word "mythos" in the same sentence as these films. These movies are about monsters that come to Earth to do nothing but **** people up. The end. There's your mythos, lol. All I ask is that the mayhem be entertaining and that the creatures look cool.

This isn't some epic "saga" where I scrutinize what's canon and what isn't. I really don't care. Just make these things vicious and cool and don't annoy me with the human characters. Predator 1, Predator 2, and now The Predator are the only three to have delivered in that regard for me.

If I want art I'll go to Alien 1 or BR 2049.

You need to take the "Crap" talk about Christine back.. That film is miles better then the other films you mentioned and The Predator.

Take it back now!!!

You need to take the "Crap" talk about Christine back..

:lol

That film is miles better then the other films you mentioned and The Predator.

Is it though? It's been ages since I've watched it all the way through but I don't recall anything about it setting it apart from the other lovable junk we watched in the 70's and 80's. And can you really say that "The Predator" is worse than oh pretty much any zombie movie *ever* (with the sole exception of the original NotLD?) Am I comparing it favorably to any quality film? No, but I don't see how it's any less watchable than legions of crap films that we all give a pass to. ;)

I have alway been on "Team Predator" but I realize "Team Alien" is the high budget franchise. I seem to have a higher worldly cinematic expectation with Alien franchise (ie. Prometheus / Covenant). With the Predator franchise the movie company appears to invest less money as a result the on earth experiences (AVP2,The Predator and you could argue Predators).

I don't watch trailers so I came into "The Predator" fresh. I had low expectation knowing that I had walked out of the theatre for AVP, AVP2 & PREDATORS very disappointed. I found myself walking out of this one satisfied and very entertained. Its the sixth movie folks. I like that it followed and different formula and told a different story. I enjoyed the new angle with Predator armor seeing it from the human POV:

example:

Witness the ships in space jumping through holes
humans interacting with Predator Equipment (helmet, arm armor etc.)
humans interacting with Predator tech (ie, boy playing with programs)
the silly dog humor (why the hell not)
Super Predator. Not a fan of the CG because it will age poorly but why the hell not
loved the characters, the relationships, chemistry (this was good folks)
Love the almost breaking fourth wall with addressing calling them Predators
again sixth movie so I didn't even care for the end (it is what it is)

My only issue...SPOILERS

Formula for these movies is to kill off all characters except the main. I wish this band of characters all live and became some sort of "Expendables" team walking behind the main guy in the end. I think Black found the right chemistry of characters to bring into the next movie (too badv:()

Anyways this is a movie that you can't read to hard into. Just go and enjoy....

Just watched the trailer for the first time now, DAMN it shows so much. Why do people watch trailers. I have to believe that my opinions on this movie have more weight because every scene / environment / action sequence / comedy bits etc I am watching for the first time so that it has a greater impact. For example how many of you laugh at a joke you already heard.......

I wonder if there is a movie critic on youtube that reviews movies without watching trailers. I notice many now have shot for shot trailer reviews....WTF!!!!!

Just got back.

Thought the trailer was actually cool and had some decent hopes for this.

It was trash. Especially that ending.

These movies are for 5 year olds.

Not buying any products from it.

I’m out.

What didn't you like about it?

The end sucked 100% agree. But you posted no reasons why it was trash.

Not that I don't value your opinion, but if you think it was trash please elaborate on why it was trash...I'm interested in hearing your perspective.

I thought it was pretty good.

Just got back. Folks after six Predator movies it is what it is. I give full props to this one in making something different which in all honestly I found entertaining. I think this one will bring out conversations in years to come and opened up and brings new elements to the Predator lore something that we have not seen since P2. Also full props for recognizing P1 & P2 in this movie. Will but on blu ray.

Yeah man. i completely agree with everything u said.

It was no shawshank or Forrest Gump anyone expecting that from this franchise is a moron. I genuinely think it's a good Predator film. I can't wait to own it on Blu Ray.

Fury Road and BR 2049 beg to differ. ;) Heck even the maligned TLJ was was a director's affair.

Yes studios can wrongly meddle to the film's detriment but look at the pics above, what choice did Fox have in this case. Also remember that if the studio had allowed Whedon to make AoU the way he wanted we would have had two hours of farmhouses and hot tubs, lol.

Yes those two were great. I thought 2049 was epic and in some ways better than BR

But they made hardly any money.

Which is why we got what we got
today. They have to make them comedies and shock and awe you.

Yes those two were great. I thought 2049 was epic and in some ways better than BR

But they made hardly any money.

Which is why we got what we got
today. They have to make them comedies and shock and awe you.

Yep of course sequels and/or soft reboots/remakes that turn out to be masterpieces are few and far between. I was just giving you a hard time. ;)

The Predator has now officially won the title of the worst opening EVER for a movie that opened on over 4,000 screens.

Ouch.

My man Black went from IM3 over 1 billion straight into career suicide.

It’s official folks.

Robocop franchise is dead.

Alien franchise is dead.

Predator franchise is dead.

Universal Monsters franchise is dead.

Terminator franchise has one last chance before it finally passes away from its slow death. It’s not looking good.

Poor Thomas Jane he has zero luck.

Last edited:
Back