The PREDATOR Appreciation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The all new PREDATOR Appreciation Thread

All righty, then. The Strauss Brothers have moved up half a notch in my book. That puts them at notch -9.5. You know what it might've been, though? Studio pressure. Shooting a suburban Jason-esque gore fest seems a lot cheaper than making a well-produced Middle Eastern desert epic. It's a pity, since that storyline you're referring to actually sounds cool and original. We could've had a hit!

The 21st century has just dealt a crappy hand to the Alien and Predator franchises. Last summer's "Predators" has started to change that and hopefully "Prometheus" will do some good, too.

All righty, then. The Strauss Brothers have moved up half a notch in my book. That puts them at notch -9.5. You know what it might've been, though? Studio pressure. Shooting a suburban Jason-esque gore fest seems a lot cheaper than making a well-produced Middle Eastern desert epic. It's a pity, since that storyline you're referring to actually sounds cool and original. We could've had a hit!

The 21st century has just dealt a crappy hand to the Alien and Predator franchises. Last summer's "Predators" has started to change that and hopefully "Prometheus" will do some good, too.

A desert epic Predator film would be great. Imagine the Predators appearance for a desert backdrop.

Prometheus is looking very promising. Can't wait till we start seeing some stuff from that.

I am having a really hard time Finding the actual quote about the predator movie but, what I remember reading was that it was Shane Salerno who thought about the idea of the pred in the middle of war, not the Brothers lol,

Im going to keep looking to see where i read that, maybe it was a magazine....

anyway, the Idea of the Pred in the middle east or something gives me all these cool images in my head, I could only imagine the Pred with the cloaking device walking in the sand,leaving footprints, or, like, at night with no electricity but with a lot of fires, and the pred attacking, yeah, that could have been cool

I am having a really hard time Finding the actual quote about the predator movie but, what I remember reading was that it was Shane Salerno who thought about the idea of the pred in the middle of war, not the Brothers lol,

Im going to keep looking to see where i read that, maybe it was a magazine....

anyway, the Idea of the Pred in the middle east or something gives me all these cool images in my head, I could only imagine the Pred with the cloaking device walking in the sand,leaving footprints, or, like, at night with no electricity but with a lot of fires, and the pred attacking, yeah, that could have been cool

Aaaaaaand back to notch -10, they go. :rotfl:clap

Don't get my hopes up mate.:drool

:lol

Aaaaaaand back to notch -10, they go. :rotfl:clap

LOL yeah Shane Salerno wrote the script for AVPR and wrote most of the first AVP, he helped Paul Anderson to write it but didn't get any credit,

the brothers just crapped all over it by directing it :rotfl

My_Little_Predator.jpg

Bought some new leds, sorry about that crappy background color.

800.jpg

8002.jpg

Its not finished yet, those leds need to be covered.

Its...too bright! :horror

Last edited:
Back