The power of hope...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A very warm congratulations to you!! I pray for all of three of you. How long is your boy going to be in the NICU?

A very warm congratulations to you!! I pray for all of three of you. How long is your boy going to be in the NICU?

Probably another 4 weeks minimum. 5-7 weeks total is what they projected at the beginning. He's doing really well considering the circumstances, but it's so sad to see him in that little bed all by himself and then having to leave him there after visits :( But the nurses and doctors all know what they are doing, so it's really the best place for him. We try to visit twice a day for at least an hour and a half to hold him and interact at least a little.

Congrats Dusty, and I can't wait to see if the child of two toy company employees gets more or less toys than average.
God bless the little tyke, and savor every moment, it goes by so fast.

Probably another 4 weeks minimum. 5-7 weeks total is what they projected at the beginning. He's doing really well considering the circumstances, but it's so sad to see him in that little bed all by himself and then having to leave him there after visits :( But the nurses and doctors all know what they are doing, so it's really the best place for him. We try to visit twice a day for at least an hour and a half to hold him and interact at least a little.

I understand that it's hard. Are they waiting for his lungs to develop? In my experience, the doctor's and nurses in the NICU are some of the best. Your little boy, Dex, is in the best place possible. Are you still in patient?

Congrats Dusty!! Hope the you and the baby are doing well...Great name also, my 5 year old is named Mathias (after the scorpion king, of course). :D

Good to hear your son is out and about. I'm sure he'll improve and go from strength to strength, lessening your anxiety daily. Soon he'll be home and feeling secure in the arms of his mum, with the familiar sounds he would have become accustomed to in the womb.

Congratulations to you both.

Congratulations Dusty and Travis and welcome to Dax Matthias!! Glad all is well and hope he quickly grows large and healthy! I hope you and Travis are doing ok as well.

:fest :welcome :happybday

Dax is not a family name, just one I saw in the baby book and thought was pretty cool. Hope he doesn't get too much crap for it later in life... "Dex? Like Dexter?"... "Is that your REAL name?"... etc.

I would've guessed "Star Trek."

Just know this: If anybody calls him "old man" in reaction to his name, it's a term of endearment. :monkey3

Congrats Dusty and Travis. I am so glad that everything is working out okay. :) Your little one will be home in no time and then you can share pics with us!!! :D

My thoughts are with the 3 of you.

I would've guessed "Star Trek."

Just know this: If anybody calls him "old man" in reaction to his name, it's a term of endearment. :monkey3

What's this Star Trek thing... there was a character named Dax? I didn't know that! Oh no, we've doomed him for life!!! :horror

drbrad1975 said:
I understand that it's hard. Are they waiting for his lungs to develop? In my experience, the doctor's and nurses in the NICU are some of the best. Your little boy, Dex, is in the best place possible. Are you still in patient?

His lungs are doing pretty well, he's totally off any supplemental oxygen, but they just have to make sure he can take all his feedings from a bottle before releasing him. And he needs to demonstrate a consistent growth rate of at least 15-30 grams a day.

Drinking from a bottle is really tough work - burns a lot of calories - so for right now Dax is getting all his feedings through a tube deposited directly in his stomach. It'll probably be a min of another 4 weeks before everything is matured enough for his homecoming.

I was released from the hospital on Sept. 2nd, so we are driving twice a day for visits. Luckily our hospital is only 3 miles away!

Dax meet Dusty. Dusty, Dax. :D

dax2.jpg

Well, not having kids yet, I can't imagine what it's like going through all this, but you seem to be doing very well and that's great.

Dax meet Dusty. Dusty, Dax. :D

dax2.jpg

haha well look at that.. NO picture. Way to go Marc! :lol But congrats Dusty! Enjoy motherhood and enjoy him while he is small and cannot walk or speak because this is the end of any semblance of a quiet life :lol

Last edited:
Back