The power of hope...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Dusty and Mr. Dax. My twin nieces were born around the same time and spent some time in the NICU. They were fine under the lights and what not, and even ended up with a nice little sun tan, my pale self was very envious. Congrats again.

Congratulations Dusty, you have been missed around here, but you've got something far more special going on there, glad everyone's doing well, hate to see anything bad happen to you.

Wish the best for mom, dad and new baby :duff

Congratulations Dusty, you have been missed around here, but you've got something far more special going on there, glad everyone's doing well, hate to see anything bad happen to you.

Wish the best for mom, dad and new baby :duff

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA.

Are you saying that having a baby is more important then collectibles???? :google:google:google:google:google

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA.

Are you saying that having a baby is more important then collectibles???? :google:google:google:google:google

Loving partners, marriage and family are far more important, no matter how many collectibles or whatever you have, can't fill the voids that lacking those important relationships leave.

Loving partners, marriage and family are far more important, no matter how many collectibles or whatever you have, can't fill the voids that lacking those important relationships leave.

:rotfl:rotfl

Say that to the 1/6" Padme that I just proposed to.

I said: "Padme, will you marry me? If you will, say nothing."

Since she said nothing, I assumed she said yes.

...Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot

:banana:chew Congrats!!! I love the name!

He's not quite ready for a full-on photo shoot, with all his tubes and wires, but maybe soon :) Dax is recovering well during his 5-7 week stay in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit), and Mom is doing much better too. Travis (dad and Sideshow Multimedia Manager) went through some scary days, fearing for both son and wife, but things are looking much brighter now - just have to keep Dax from getting sick, and the nurses have to fatten him up before he can come home.

I can't imagine how that must have felt. My son was born with jaundis and I was an absolute wreck. And that was *just* jaundis. I'm very sorry you, Travis, and Dax had to go through that ordeal.

Again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :fireworks:fest

It's been a good time to be a Freak lately.

Congratulations Dusty and Travis. I'm glad you're all doing well now. And to Dax :welcome That is an awesome name by the way.

Thanks everybody! Glad to be back.

Dax is not a family name, just one I saw in the baby book and thought was pretty cool. Hope he doesn't get too much crap for it later in life... "Dex? Like Dexter?"... "Is that your REAL name?"... etc.

The middle name comes from the book Redwall by Brian Jaques. I started it when they admitted me to the hospital for observation, and finished it the night after Dax was born. The warrior mouse's name is 'Matthias' - so it was fitting. He's definitely a fighter, and already has a fiercely independent streak! (yes, I will be losing a lot of sleep, and yes, I will need to constantly look back on this time and just be thankful he's alive when he's buggin' the crap outta me!)

Kabukiman - Dax already went one round under the bili lights to fight jaundice, they'll take his blood one more time this week to see if he needs more treatment. But so far so good - his little 'aviator goggles' were very cute when he was under the lights, but a little sad at the same time - he's just so tiny! Tiny, but still perfectly formed... a total miracle. I love him so much!!

Very relieved to hear that everything worked out. I've been through some similar experience, although not that serious.

Congratulations to mom and dad and welcome to Dax (Star Trek fan?)!

Welcome back Dusty! And pass along a huge welcome to the brand-new person from all of us!

:woo

Congratulations, that's really great. I hope you all get out of the hospital as soon as possible. And Dax is a really awesome name.

Read the Redwall books too, Matthias is a great middle name. (thankfully you didn't choose Mattimeo)

Way to go--good to hear everything is going right--love the name--Redwall series is great--now get some rest:chew:chew

Back