The pf Buffy.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hair sculpt is a bit better but not much. The outfit would be better if it looked more accurate to the promo peice. Instead it looks like they simply cut the dress from the waist down put on some not so well fitting leather pants and there you have it. So to me the original PF Buffy is better since all thats really better about this one is the hair otherwise its the same statue with leather Pants.

A weird question about the original pf.... Is the dress removable?? Or is it glued on? If its not glued you could always cut the dress part off on the second pf and lie the shirt over the top of the red pants or ever just lay the dress over the pants and buffy could be wearing some really horrible looking sk-pants... Does that make sense??

The dress could be removed....I mean if you wanted to have a semi nude PF Buffy lying around...

And to me the first PF Buffy IS Buffy its based on the original promos and the outfit is pretty much identical to thoes photos. The new one the hair looks more like Buffy in the later seasons sure but the outfit isnt acurate to anything. She worse thoes pants but that shirt is just the top half of her dress.

Erm the headsculpt aint 3000x better lol its the same.
I dont like the fact that buffy has a belt and her top tucked in and the pants are so high,Buffy was a fashion queen and she wouldnt be caught dead in mom pants.:D

I agree with the original being heaps better, and yeah, 3000x better facial sculpt my ass. Same sculpt! Try hair sculpt, and even then that is a matter of opinion. Atleast the original Buffy PF is based on a promo, were as alternate Buffy is not based on anything. It's very generic. Also poorly executed.. the top is basically the dress... just with pants that don't even form to her lower body well. It's not worth the purchase IMO.

I am still debating on that Spike PF. Probably will be available as a "Second Chance" item as late as late Summer, Early Fall eh?

Eli26 said:
I agree with the original being heaps better, and yeah, 3000x better facial sculpt my ass. Same sculpt! Try hair sculpt, and even then that is a matter of opinion. Atleast the original Buffy PF is based on a promo, were as alternate Buffy is not based on anything. It's very generic. Also poorly executed.. the top is basically the dress... just with pants that don't even form to her lower body well. It's not worth the purchase IMO.

I am still debating on that Spike PF. Probably will be available as a "Second Chance" item as late as late Summer, Early Fall eh?

If I was you I wouldn't miss on Spike once the second chance is on. If the line doesn't continue in PF form, and we don't see more statues beyond Angel I might consider getting Red pants Buffy. I just think this porrly done rehash is not worth the money if you already have the (excellent imo) first PF Buffy. If you don't, then it's a good way to spend $250 ;)

Eli26 said:

Yeah, that's what you say until they announce an Edition size of 50..:lol

Then, all of a sudden, this will become everyones favourite Buffy!

For another 250 dollars I would much rather have had a new Buffy PF not an Alternate edition. I would feel ripped off by buying this thing.. then again I piad 250US shipping and taxes included for my Buffy PF from a local retailer so paying 250 US plus shipping and taxes for any Buffy PF from sideshow would leave me feeling ripped off.. But I would only have considered purchasing a second PF Buffy had the price been lower which in this case I think it should have been. Aside from the hair there is nothing new there to justify the full price tag. I'm not saying it should be 100 or anything. 200 would have been about what I'd call a good price since most retailers would offer it at less.

WELL i didnt buy the first cause the hair looked funny so alternate edition ....hoora!

I'd forgotten just how awful the sculpt of the hair was on that first Buffy. It looks like a mud landslide on her head. :lol

The rest of it was fine though, except she never ever wore that costume in the actual show, just in a publicity pic.

Last edited:
I didn't go for this pf buffy because I enjoyed the way the alternate looked better. It was just my preference. But Now that I have her, I want this one too. I want them all. Darn buffy, like a drug.

I'd forgotten just how awful the sculpt of the hair was on that first Buffy. It looks like a mud landslide on her head. :lol

The rest of it was fine though, except she never ever work that costume in the actual show, just in a publicity pic.

Yes she did, but I much prefer this Buffy over the alternate Buffy which is gag upon a stick awful IMO.

The Black Dress Buffy PF is still my favorite PF that Sideshow has produced and that's across all licenses, including Marvel. :rock

The Black Dress Buffy PF is still my favorite PF that Sideshow has produced and that's across all licenses, including Marvel. :rock

Clearly you don't own a 7 of 9 PF :monkey5

It was the hair that made me get the Alt Buffy. Would have preferred the Alt hair in the black dress, but o'well.

Clearly you don't own a 7 of 9 PF :monkey5

It was the hair that made me get the Alt Buffy. Would have preferred the Alt hair in the black dress, but o'well.

:lol No, I don't have a 7 of 9 PF, but I'm not a Star Trek fan either. :D But the 7 of 9 does look awesome!

Back