The Order: 1866 (PS4)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IGN Review is up.Looks like we're facing more problems than the cutscenes.

The Order: 1886 Review - IGN

Normally a 6.5 from them would mean nothing. I mean, they gave Alien Isolation a 5.9 and that game is many gamer's GOTY choice....but many others have said the game is ****. I ordered this from Amazon, partly cause my curiosity got the better of me. It seems like the developer put all their energy into the look. Sigh......

I never care about the score either,but i do listen to what the cons are.In this case the cover system bothers me a bit judging by that review.The rest is just a matter of personal taste in games.

Im curious about Alien Isolation myself.Again,the low score on that game doesn't bother me.However,i heard the game is long and you get bored pretty quick doing the same things since its slow paced game.But i haven't tried it myself yet so...

IGN's review is pretty bang on. That being said, I'm still enjoying the game. I put in another 3 hours or so last night. Plus the youngsters will enjoy it since you visit a brothel and see some boobies. :lol

I think I'm at the beginning of Chapter 11 now.

I feel asthough if they would of focused on the werewolf aspect of the game which is new and different we wouldnt have this conversation. I mean come on what game out now has you fighting halfbreeds.

I expected this to focus heavily on that but instead its focus is the shooting of human targets...... which is fine but from what I hear the wolves are barely in this game so its just you running and gunning down humans. So much potential could of been made here. You have Werewolves and then you have london, a perfect setup for crazy atmospheric scenery and events but it looks like they missed out.

Will developers get the hint? This is not how we want our games. Nope they will just uphold review embargoes until after release. Ugh.

I normally DO NOT get a game when I see the consensus of reviews this low or mediocre.
Yet, because I like this style of game, atmosphere and I'm OK with this being a short cinematic movie-like game, I might just get it.

If anything I'll get it because I'm just craving something new, I'm done Dying Light and Bloodborne is still a month away!
If this game had competition, I would PASS on this for sure.

But, I also loved Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls and every Telltale game. All games that focused on cut scenes, story driven segments where you are not in control and when you are it was QTE segments, and clicking buttons for dialogue choices.
I don't like ALL my games like this, but once a while, I'm ok to play a game like this. Especially after the last few games I played were huge open world games with tons of filler and side quests. The break will be nice. Visual feast and cinematics for a weekend of play.

i'm at Chapter 11 .. it's not a Bad game at all, the Chapters in the begining i didn't care for .. felt like a chore .. then things looked interesting and got me engaged to keep going .

it's not a must Buy but certainly worth a look down the line if you're looking for something to play (or watch)

The reviews are pretty much accurate. I still enjoyed it. I put in another 3 hours tonight and I'm done so it's not very long at all. I probably would be a little disappointed if I paid full price not 30% off MSRP. Because it's so short I'll probably replay it on hard just to get the platinum trophy.

EDIT: Looking at the trophy list there's no trophy for hard so I can just play it on easy to get the remaining trophies for specialty kills etc. That's kind of surprising.

Last edited:
Does this game has multiplayer or something? Anything to stretch past the short campaign?

Ya they wanted this game to be quality over quantity so they focused more on the graphics more than the game.

I enjoy cutscenes but the length is disappointing, I was hoping this would be a game to fill in at least part of the long desolate gap between now and the Witcher/Arkham Knight.

Back