The Order: 1866 (PS4)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ratio aspect isn't as extreme as the Evil Within, but man, black bars in games is not the way to go for me. I want this one to be great, just afraid to blind buy. Will wait for reviews (still). Hope I hear good stuff.

Ratio aspect isn't as extreme as the Evil Within, but man, black bars in games is not the way to go for me. I want this one to be great, just afraid to blind buy. Will wait for reviews (still). Hope I hear good stuff.

Me too. I'm super psyched about the game, but kind of leery about buying on day one without reading any reviews. I have the special edition on order, but that statue looks not so hot. I might just cancel and go with the regular edition.

If they wanted to make a film, then making it a film with the excuse for gameplay is indeed a flawed premise, but if they wanted to make a game that felt like a film yet still had inventive gameplay, then that's something else, but it seems they just wanted to make a film, that part of the video I agree with.

But that guy still got wrong that not only fast paced games benefit from 60fps, and that 30fps can't be an artistic choice, I can't believe it's that hard to comprehend that concept :lol

Considering it's just a single player game it better be longer than 5 hours

Well i saw a couple of videos on youtube with similar titles stating that the game was about 5 hours long but honestly hope it aint so. i didt watch the videos and im hoping its just bs.

Last edited:
I was reading up, and guys doing speedruns (skipping everything you can) can do it in 5. Cutscenes are not skippable

thats good to know, i am really looking forward to this game. I was watching a playthrough and it looks to be entertaining, a bit heavy on the cutscenes but i dont mind.

Yes, please share your thoughts. I need to know if I should cancel my collector's edition or not. If this game is less than 8-10 hours long I'm going to wait for a price drop before buying it.

the game is like watching a movie like you play a bit then cutscene, play, cutscene ..etc

here are my impressions after playing the Prologue and Chapter 1

the Prologue is pretty much a QTE .. i said to myself if it continues like this through the game than i'll hate it .. not a Fan of QTE ..i'm sure there will be more of QTE's through the game & i hope no chapter will be Dedicated to QTE's like the Prologue, than i have no problem.

Then comes Chapter 1 which is totally diffrent from the Prologue much less QTE if any if i recall .. but it's what you would expect, a cover shooter game and i really liked it .. it actually felt like a game in this chapter

expect Cutscenes throughout the gameplay

great! Cutscenes i can live with (thanks to mgs) but i very much dislike qte's, i did watch a guy who was streaming the game in German and it looked pretty good. Didnt see any qte but i did see the guy pick a lock and it seems a bit of a hassle.

I can live with cutscenes as long as they add to the storytelling ,and not just to make it pretty. Cool!! I think I'm still going to cancel the CE for the regular just to save a few bucks though.

Back