The Order: 1866 (PS4)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its kind of funny how he always makes a point to say the full title. "The Order:1866"

It sounds like its exactly what I expected it to be. Easy pass, but it does look nice. It's almost too cinematic.

Seen alot of early online gameplay out. Doesnt look to bad but not a masterpiece.

the game is like watching a movie like you play a bit then cutscene, play, cutscene ..etc

here are my impressions after playing the Prologue and Chapter 1

the Prologue is pretty much a QTE .. i said to myself if it continues like this through the game than i'll hate it .. not a Fan of QTE ..i'm sure there will be more of QTE's through the game & i hope no chapter will be Dedicated to QTE's like the Prologue, than i have no problem.

Then comes Chapter 1 which is totally diffrent from the Prologue much less QTE if any if i recall .. but it's what you would expect, a cover shooter game and i really liked it .. it actually felt like a game in this chapter

expect Cutscenes throughout the gameplay
thanks a ton for your impressions; can't wait to hear more as you progress.

Last edited:
Supposedly this is really around 5 hours long---a complete playthrough was posted on Youtube that clocked in at that length. I think I'm going to cancel and wait for reviews on Thursday. If reviews are OK I can get it for Saturday.

I'm being a bit more choosy with games these days, skipped Far Cry 4 and Evolve, but I was looking forward to this one.

Mine just showed up. I'm going to try and put a couple hours in tonight. I was really looking forward to this game but from what I'm hearing so far, I'm feeling a little apprehensive.

Cut scenes are chapters, and the half-breed fights are QTEs? Guess I might save my monies for Bloodborne. I played that and liked it.

Mine just showed up. I'm going to try and put a couple hours in tonight. I was really looking forward to this game but from what I'm hearing so far, I'm feeling a little apprehensive.

Please give a review, after several hours, and some completed chapters.

I made it to Chapter 5 in about 3 hours tonight. From what I read there are 16 chapters so that's not too bad. I heard the graphics were disappointing but I don't have a problem with them, they seem fine to me but I'm also not a PC gamer master race :wink1: :D . That being said, although I don't have a problem with the graphics, they not as nice as they were in Alien:Isolation (since that's the last game I played). I also don't have a problem with the letterbox look but those of you that do won't like that aspect of the game. There is a lot of story sequence cut scene action but it flows with the story and is pretty seamless. My main gripe was the main half-breed battle in Chapter 4 which was a QTE. I didn't like that at all. The prequel chapter is kind of like the beginning of the Last of Us where you control Sarah. You're just advancing the story with some button presses so it gives you the feel of being part of the story without really having that much control over what happens. Also, since this is a cover shooter and I'm a Gears of War fanboy, the mechanics aren't as smooth and responsive to me as they are in Gears.

Overall I'm enjoying the game. I pre-ordered during E3 when Best Buy was offering 30% off if you pre-order five E3 games or something like that so the value is pretty good.

I'm going to assume since this has a February 20 release date that Best Buy shipped this out accidentally since most games have a Tuesday release date? I also received an email code for some pre-order DLC from them but I'm not sure what it it.

I don't think cutscenes in random situations will bother me.One of my favourite franchises is Metal Gear Solid and those games are known for that.MGS4 specially.

The statue from the Order 1886's Premium Edition..

The_Order_1886_Premium_Edition_31_zps08545de4.jpg

The_Order_1886_Premium_Edition_32_zps6c98c2d0.jpg

The_Order_1886_Premium_Edition_40_zps9bc3e03a.jpg

The_Order_1886_Premium_Edition_45_zpsa64a75ec.jpg

Very detailed! Very happy with this! Made by Pure Arts, the same guys who make the UbiCollectibles statues..

More pics & thoughts.. Dr Jengo's World: The Order: 1886 Premium Edtion Unboxing

Back