The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

I'm re-reading The Hobbit right now. It really does have a different feel/tone than LOTR. It should be interesting to see how this movie develops with Del Toro at the helm since I'm a big fan of his movies.

Yeah, I totally agree with that. The hobbit has a more fairy-like feeling, and it is very fast-telling, compared to LOTR.

Edit: Please DON'T shoot the Hobbit Narnia-like!!!

Well, you don't have to be afraid of that with GDT at the helm. And LOTR wasn't exactly kiddie either.

Christopher Lee offers his voice for Smaug...won't go back to New Zealand.

Lee isn’t interested in filming in New Zealand again because it is simply too far away, for too long of a time. You can hear the tiredness in his voice — and perhaps a bit of regret too.
That doesn’t mean Lee isn’t interested in being in The Hobbit at all, however! He’ll appear in the film as long as he can stay in London, and there’s a character he’s quite keen to play. Or rather, voice.

:cool: Interview check it out here.;)

https://www.rushprint.no/index_blogg.asp?p=1182

Thats not a good thing for him to not want to go. Means unless they want to come film him he won't be playing Saruman in the second film.

Maybe they can do the whole "White counsil" thing in a studio in London?

It will truly be disapointing if Lee is not Saruman. I am pretty damn sure nobody else can pull it off as well as he did.

It will truly be disapointing if Lee is not Saruman. I am pretty damn sure nobody else can pull it off as well as he did.

Absolutely :lecture :lecture
I would love to see the same Bilbo,Gandalf & Saruman, the problem is as more time passes the older they get and it puts it more in doubt. Although I like the idea that has been mentioned about the Ian Holm voice over, telling a story type of deal, with a younger looking Bilbo-he better look like him though and not some random star they just put in there, we need continuity.
Imo anyway
x :D

Thats pretty sad about Christopher Lee, if the second film is going to be anything like we're imagining it to be. I wonder if they'll really want to do it anyway and may be able to bluescreen him in the U.K.

He is, of course 86 years old. But I have to wonder, he still seems to feel what he considered to a slap in the face about not being in the Theatrical cut of ROTK. I wonder if he realizes that most of the book-reading LOTR fans believe "ONLY the Extended Versions" as the true films.

But I'm not sure I want to hear him double as Smaug. He would indeed be great, but we'd be hearing Saruman. And if it was altered beyond recognition, like JRD as Treebeard, I'm not sure about that either.

Thanks for the link Redman.

I kinda agree with Lembas Eater, about Lee as the voice of Smaug. He would/could be great, but I would be thinking Saruman the whole time.

Thats pretty sad about Christopher Lee, if the second film is going to be anything like we're imagining it to be. I wonder if they'll really want to do it anyway and may be able to bluescreen him in the U.K.

He is, of course 86 years old. But I have to wonder, he still seems to feel what he considered to a slap in the face about not being in the Theatrical cut of ROTK. I wonder if he realizes that most of the book-reading LOTR fans believe "ONLY the Extended Versions" as the true films.

But I'm not sure I want to hear him double as Smaug. He would indeed be great, but we'd be hearing Saruman. And if it was altered beyond recognition, like JRD as Treebeard, I'm not sure about that either.

Yea, I HATED jrd as the voice of treebeard, I don't know WHY they did that. Hearing saruman as Smaug would just be truly terrible.

It's too bad that Lee won't be able to take on Saruman. But his scenes are just for the white council, I wonder if they can't film that in london on a set....

I don't think it would be too hard for them to Keep CL as Saruman if they really wanted to. There are ways around any issues which would creep up as result of distance.

But I don't want him as the voice of Smaug, for the reasons others have already stated.

It would be so easy to film his Saruman scenes in the UK and put him in later with the NZ cast. I really hope they go that route.

Back