The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

That's great news. Gandalf, Aragorn and Gollum are the main characters that have to return for these movies. Now they have to get Cate Blanchett, Hugo Weaving, Liv Tyler and Christopher Lee back. This would cover all the main characters that had a major part in the events prior to the LOTR.

I'm glad to see Viggo back I was worried that he wouldn't be involved at all with anything. Hearing that Serkis is going to be back as well is gladly received news.

Simon Pegg? Brian Blessed? Martin Freeman? Why are peope obsessed with getting British comedians to play important roles? Brian Blessed is hiarious but is most known for his shouting. Simon Pegg? Can't see it. And all I can see Freeman as is the bloke from The Office and Hitch-hikers, but he's more likely to pull it off than most. I still think they can make Ian Holm look 50, Bilbo's age when The Hobbit starts. Good call on Jacobi, maybe HE could be Bilbo..?

I'm liking it. Getting all the main cogs in order it does seem and I trust them getting the right person to play Bilbo. They know exactly whats needed and this isn't their first rodeo.

Glad too see Viggo is coming back
I wonder if he will come back for both of the planned Movies? I hope so

Whoa horsey! I didn't read into it that Viggo had accepted....just approached. We already know McKellan and Serkis is (look at their websites for confirmation), but I don't think Viggo is a sure thing at this point.

Although I'm SOOOOOO hoping.....

Viggo reprising his role is not confirmed yet. The article states...

Preliminarycontact has already been made with at least three actors whose "Lord of the Rings" characters also appear in the "Hobbit" storyline: Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn), Ian McKellen (Gandalf) and Andy Serkis (Gollum).

It would be oh so nice to have many of the same actors reprise their roles for "The Hobbit" and the second arc film but schedules may conflict or there just might be interest.

Oh and I would also love to see Martin Freeman as Bilbo. I think he'd be perfect!

I think it would be great if Christopher Lee could make a return in either The Hobbit or the unnamed sequel :D

I think it would be great if Christopher Lee could make a return in either The Hobbit or the unnamed sequel :D

I wonder what the title may be for that sequel. Maybe LOTR before the fellowship of the ring.:lol:whip

What they should do is go even further back for the second movie and make it about Sauron's defeat by the Last Alliance and the first War of the Ring--all the extended prologue scenes could be used, and it could tell the stories of Elendil and Gil-Galad while using all of that beautiful armory and design--that could give us an epic film that leads right into LOTR while still giving us Elrond and other characters. I think making the prologue into an entire movie would be a magnificent idea, and The Silmarillion has a lot of information concerning it.

What they should do is go even further back for the second movie and make it about Sauron's defeat by the Last Alliance and the first War of the Ring--all the extended prologue scenes could be used, and it could tell the stories of Elendil and Gil-Galad while using all of that beautiful armory and design--that could give us an epic film that leads right into LOTR while still giving us Elrond and other characters. I think making the prologue into an entire movie would be a magnificent idea, and The Silmarillion has a lot of information concerning it.

Yeah i think that would be extremely watchable to say the least.:cool:

You better make sure though that you collect your royalties on the idea before New Line make another sweep.:D

To Be honest that sounds better than the idea of the 'Unnamed, Planned Hobbit Sequel' :D

Just wondering if there has been a confirmed date for The Hobbit too begin filming?

Back