The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Hobbit pushed to 2013

These films may not happen at all now. And I think it's pretty obvious at this point that Peter Jackson has no interest in directing them himself.

TerminatorSalvation_McG_Wonderon-1.jpg

These films may not happen at all now. And I think it's pretty obvious at this point that Peter Jackson has no interest in directing them himself.

If I'm not mistaken, because of lawsuits, New Line won't let Jackson direct. I thought I had read that somewhere. Maybe since MGM is involved, this will change.

Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

So that's 3 threads talking about the same thing.

Should just merge them. :lol

So that's 3 threads talking about the same thing.

Should just merge them. :lol

:lecture

I agree. This is already The Hobbit official thread, do we really need the others?

Ah well, i at least am seeing The Hobbit TOMORROW!

I'm seeing the stage play in Norwich :lol

Yeah I agree. Rope them doggies into the mother thread.

Studios want PJ

Courtesy of Fused Film

“There and Back Again” seems appropriate to mention the opening line of the book here as that is what this merry-go-round of this production has been like. It was just yesterday we reported that veteran Harry Potter director, David Yates was on the short list to direct The Hobbit after del Toro’s exit. It seems though as good as a resume Yates brings to the table Warner Bros. and MGM want Peter Jackson to return to Middle Earth.

Deadline New York is reporting that both studios are trying to persuade Jackson to direct The Hobbit. The site is reporting that the studios haven’t offered the job to anyone as of yet, and it was said that they will keep trying to convince Jackson to direct the two planned films for The Hobbit, “until Jackson gives a definitive no.” The site claims that one of the rumored reasons del Toro left the project was he didn’t want to move his family to New Zealand, where Jackson’s visual effects house Weta is based and where the film will be shooting.

Jackson mentioned earlier last week that he’d be interested in directing the film only if the studios couldn’t find anyone and he didn’t have any contractual obligations on his other projects that would interfere.

There are other directors interesting in replacing del Toro as well, with the site mentioning Yates, David Dobkin and dare I even write his name – Brett Ratner. I hope Jackson comes back to Middle Earth or Yates directs the project. If Brett Ratner gets the job I will never see this movie. I mean Ratner? Warners and MGM have got to be smoking the Middle Earth weed from Gandalf’s pipe to even have him in the conversation. I see Ratner’s version now, Chris Tucker as the dragon, Jackie Chan as Bilbo Baggins, and a ____ load of bad stuff.

Mckellen still confident

I hope he's right

Courtesy of Toronto Sun

Ian McKellen has assured fans the troubled "Lord of the Rings' prequel The Hobbit is on track, revealing he expects to start shooting the movie later this year.

Film fans were left worried when Guillermo Del Toro quit as the project's director last month following a series of delays linked to the ongoing financial problems at MGM Studios, which was put up for sale in 2009 after falling heavily into debt.

But McKellen, who plays wizard Gandalf, is confident the fantasy film - based on J.R.R. Tolkien's first book - will eventually hit the big screen.

In a post on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "Hobbit sets are ready, script ready and movie is casting this month. Fans are not to worry. The films will get made. I suspect we'll start shooting at end of this year."

I can't even comprehend Brett Ratner as director of The Hobbit.

In what twisted universe is that kind of desperate idea actually tossed around?

I saw a rumor that David Yates from the Harry Potter franchise might pick up the Hobbit, but I would much prefer Alfonso Cuaron.

I saw a rumor that David Yates from the Harry Potter franchise might pick up the Hobbit, but I would much prefer Alfonso Cuaron.

:lecture

Or PJ. That way no new director will feel like he's making someone else's movie.

Either way, GET IT DONE!!

I can't even comprehend Brett Ratner as director of The Hobbit.

In what twisted universe is that kind of desperate idea actually tossed around?

Same universe they thought it was a good idea to have McG direct a Terminator film.

Back