The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Hobbit pushed to 2013

To bad this wasn't posted back in April.:thud:

Things are really starting to look bleak. I really hope we start seeing some good news show up soon.

9.gif

thats a long time to wait for a movie.so does this mean we wont see the extended lord of the rings flicks on blue ray till 2014 then.because l thought the extended ones would be released in a box set with the new hobbit movies.

Wow, this really stinks. Things must be pretty bad cash flow wise because this movie (sorry movies) will make tons of money and there really isn't anyway to question that.

thats a long time to wait for a movie.so does this mean we wont see the extended lord of the rings flicks on blue ray till 2014 then.because l thought the extended ones would be released in a box set with the new hobbit movies.

Well it looks like I will be seeing the earth shatter before I can enjoy the greatest extended films on BD. :monkey2

Mreh, it's just a movie, it'll come out eventually, no point loosing sleep over it.
I say bring PJ back into the directing Helm

Well it looks like I will be seeing the earth shatter before I can enjoy the greatest extended films on BD. :monkey2

ya the world might be in flames by then.they should just release it next year,there just milking it.like releasing just the regular version that no one really wants.

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is sad news.

Neil Blomkamp's phone is ringing, and PJ is on the other end.

Ughhhh....This is a major blow. I just dont understand why PJ won't pick up the reigns again. Frankly this has become so protracted i just don't care anymore.

I don't think New Line will let him.

Poop :(

Sucks.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

I was really looking forward to Del Toro's take on this. :monkey2 Maybe he can get to work on Hellboy 3? :monkey3

So rather then getting pushed to 2013, it's just getting closer to the door.

As for the extended versions on BD, clearly they have the time, so just get them done already......

It sucks but thats what happens when you have one of the companies going under big time. Honestly, this means I think PJ jumps in and directs it. Which is fine with me.

I was never thrilled like some he was directing in the first place.

I'm the same way, when I originally heard that PJ was not directing I thought, what is the point in attempting to do The Hobbit based on the success of LOTR without the main reason for its success. Why can't they just get their act together?

Meh :dunno

It will happen when it happens, and theres a 50/50 chance it will stink or be amazing no matter who directs.

I'm not too upset about this. This project was monopolizing far too much of the man's time, and I believe he wasn't as happy with the situation as he wanted to be. I'm sure now he'll return home to LA and get to work on a project closer to his heart. One which will actually get made. There are a number of terrific projects on his slate, so I'm not worried. Still feels like a bit of a waste though.

This is a massive blow to the film though because GDT wouldve brought that extra fantastical dimension to it we all know he has. Add to that McKellen is in his 70's now and the only way Christopher Lee will be in it, will be if they film his scenes from a nursing home...

Back