The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

Martin_Freeman.jpg

I have heard the Martin Freeman is considered to be the greatest British actor of this, or any other generation....should be awesome as Bilbo :naughty :rotfl

Just finished watching Frost/Nixon (great movie BTW), and I think even more that Michael Sheen should play Bilbo. Him and Freeman are both about the same age, and I think either one is a good choice, but IMO Sheen is a better actor, and would bring something special to the role.

And I still cringe when people have been mentioning Daniel Radcliffe and Jack Black :lol

Jack Black?

NO WAI!

That would be AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack Black did make an interesting Hobbit once...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/LOrRWw07F7k&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/LOrRWw07F7k&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jack Black as Bilbo, makes me think of Wonderboy
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/vgtwNjMEsFM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/vgtwNjMEsFM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

From theonering:

The Tolkien Estate and New Line Cinema have reached a tentative settlement in the court battle over money from “The Lord of the Rings” trilogy of films that have grossed around $3 billion. TheOneRing.net message board member Voronwë_the_Faithful has written to give us the absolute world-wide scoop. He managed to mine a great nugget of information from the L.A. Superior Court and has written the following:

“A tentative settlement has been reached in the case. The parties have filed a stipulation that explicitly states that ‘the parties have entered into a binding term sheet settling this matter, which term sheet is subject to certain necessary ratifications, which may take up to several weeks to obtain.’

“In other words, a settlement has been reached, but it needs to be approved by certain unnamed individuals/entities. I’m sure it is a complicated settlement, and I’m relatively sure that it includes specifications to ensure that payments are made on the Hobbit films, so I assume that one of the ratifications needs to come from Warner.

“Generally speaking, these kinds of “ratifications” are a formality and the settlement would not have been entered into unless they were pretty much sure that it would be ratified. I would shocked if the settlement did not go through. In all likelihood, this case is no longer going to provide any obstacle to the Hobbit films.

Its going to be a goosebump moment seeing the returning cast in character:gandalf
I hope they all make it ... especially Chris Lee. I'm leaning toward Michael Sheen for Bilbo...good actor and looks a little like Ian Holme.

Michael Sheen. Hm. I had never thought of him but you're right. He would make a good Bilbo.

michael-sheen.jpg
ian_holm_as_bilbo.jpg

Yeah i was thinking about this the other day. For me Bilbo has to look at least vaguely like Ian Holme and Michael Sheen fits it imo. In many ways its the most important piece of casting Del Toro and co must make. Sheen has been making waves as Cloughie and Frost so surely he's on that list!

Back