The Official STAR WARS Character Spin-Off Movies Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone made the suggestion a while back, of the actor who played Sam Flynn in Tron Legacy as a consideration for Solo.

I don't mind that guy actually, he has the attitude & the vibe - & he already has a connection to Disney. :lol

Pine has aspects of Kirk, but to my eyes, he's a completely different character because just like with Solo, I think Shatner is Kirk. But I enjoyed the crap out of the Star Trek movie, so. . .if they can do the same with Solo, then great.

Pine has aspects of Kirk, but to my eyes, he's a completely different character because just like with Solo, I think Shatner is Kirk. But I enjoyed the crap out of the Star Trek movie, so. . .if they can do the same with Solo, then great.

Apart from right at the very end where he entered the Enterprise bridge in uniform I never really got much from Pine's performance that made me draw a direct connection with Shatner's Kirk. I think I would have liked a bit more. Nevertheless I enjoyed the film.

In the case of Han I think if they can get someone who both looks and can sound like a young Ford and can do it without just being an impressionist then thats a major coup. Even if this guy goes nowhere else in his career, selfishly at least Star Wars fans could be happy and almost convinced that they saw the same actor playing the role in all the SW films.

Someone made the suggestion a while back, of the actor who played Sam Flynn in Tron Legacy as a consideration for Solo.

I don't mind that guy actually, he has the attitude & the vibe - & he already has a connection to Disney. :lol

But he is absolely devoid of charm & charisma... the most important aspect of Solo's character,

Han Solo will always be Harrison Ford and unless they Benjamin Button it with a CGI younger effect using Ford i don't want to see it.

They can do a Boba, Dengar, Bossk, Zuckess and 4-LOM film much, much easier. Plus it'd be a lot more interesting if they make it dark and gritty and PG-13 :yess:

The films better be ultra gritty, dark, serious and psychologically dense or else.

Star Wars was never about fun.

Han Solo will always be Harrison Ford and unless they Benjamin Button it with a CGI younger effect using Ford i don't want to see it.

Won't work. I thought the Jeff Bridges stuff in Tron:Legacy was all over the place for quality. The closeup were he's talking to his son (esp. the begining of the film) were the best looking shots until he spoke and then failed in two ways: Something about the way his mouth and lower face moved was unreal and gave away the effect. The other thing was young Jeff in appearance, old Jeff in voice and mannerisms still gave away the effect.

It's been a long time since Harrison had the swagger he had as a younger man. His voice is gruff now. I also have doubts about his tollerance for doing a mo-cap performance.

Not devoid. Just poorly directed.

I saw a bit of something there. With the right director, I can see him working.

Nah. He was pretty bad in the original Friday Night Lights film too.

Taylor Kitsch is a much better actor.

RE: Clu in Tron Legacy I thought it was amazingly well done and with some steps further I'm sure the artistry and tech would probably be even better now. The question is though, Harrison Ford wasn't famous at 20 or 25 so does it matter if they even used someone to look like Harrison? Unless they try to make this film set right before ANH.

I see it being set 10 or more years before ANH.

I think everyone understands the stand alone plans aren't set in stone, but some films seem more likely than others. Nobody is talking about a stand alone Oola film but Yoda, Han and Boba Fett are at the top of the list.

If the Boba one happens, they can't use Temuera Morrison for the simple fact he doesn't resemble Boba Fett at all - The clone logic doesn't factor into it, it's not applicable to the OT where Boba was lean and tall. Being a clone in current canon shouldn't get Boba's profile/look retconned into Temuera's just for the sake of the same actor representing that he is a clone.... if you see what I mean.. its a whole load of crossed wires :lol

Temuera is stockier and shorter, and would make Boba not seem like Eastwood in space and more like a fan at a convention in their Fett armour when compared to OT continuity where a helmeted character should have the advantage of being unchanging, compared to the rest of the original cast who have the problem of age.

If people thought Boba Fett's death in ROTJ was lame and disappointing after his only ever having been a cool looking background character I wonder how it'll play after he's had an entire film devoted to him.

I hope they set a Fett movie after Jedi. Jabba its dead so there's no need to go after that bounty, he's on to new tracing new outlaws.

Sent from my SPH-D710

Back