The Official STAR WARS Character Spin-Off Movies Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ryan Reynolds might be a decent choice for a younger Han.

Ryan Reynolds is 36.

Harrison Ford was 34 when Star Wars was filmed.

Ergo, I'm not sure Reynolds could be a young Han Solo.

Ryan Reynolds would be terrible, IMO.

I think Liam Hemsworth would be a decent choice, but I am not sure if he could pull off the Han Solo swag. He was in Expendables 2 and Hunger Games.

d0WOl7Q.jpg

I can't find the words to express my distaste over these spin-off films.

I don't need to see SW kids. Oh I mean younglings. Or be threatened by the possibility of more Shia Laboof.

Im kind of suspicious about the Solo movie.. but Im so in with the Boba Fett movie

Eh, this is stupid.

Boba Fett sucked the day he was retconed as a Kiwi, New Zealand Clone baby instead of his original, rough talking, Clint Eastwoodesque persona.

Actually, he sucked even before that when he died by flying into a ******.

A Han Solo solo flick? Han Solo was at his best in Star Wars and Empire, I can't see it getting any better.

DUMB!

Ryan Reynolds is 36.

Harrison Ford was 34 when Star Wars was filmed.

Ergo, I'm not sure Reynolds could be a young Han Solo.

He wouldn't work as a teenage Han but if the movie was set just a couple years before ANH he'd do well enough. His actual age doesn't matter so much as his look. Connery is only 12 years older than Ford and late twentysomethings play high school kids all the time.

No offense Khev - but Ryan Reynolds as Han Solo?

That's gotta be the worst suggestion I'm just about ever to likely hear from now to eternity. :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

Pee Wee Herman would be a better choice. :lol

No offense Khev - but Ryan Reynolds as Han Solo?

That's gotta be the worst suggestion I'm just about ever to likely hear from now to eternity. :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

Actually no, he's about the best choice of any known actor out there. Han has got to be able to mouth off to infernal characters like Jabba the Hutt and boss wookiees around and still be a charming ladies man. Cocky and yet able to immediately furrow his brow in a "who me?" look when things don't go well. Can't think of anyone who fits that bill better than Reynolds.

Picture him in Han's Bespin outfit arms open wide greeting a buddy like Lando. He could pull it off. The age is an issue though, he'd have to be Han within a couple years of ANH. I wouldn't want to see him before he "acquired" the Falcon anyway.

Eh, this is stupid.

Boba Fett sucked the day he was retconed as a Kiwi, New Zealand Clone baby instead of his original, rough talking, Clint Eastwoodesque persona.

Actually, he sucked even before that when he died by flying into a ******.

A Han Solo solo flick? Han Solo was at his best in Star Wars and Empire, I can't see it getting any better.

DUMB!

I'm choosing to remain optimistic and have fun with all the rumors, speculation, and news leading up to these movies. If they suck, I can handle it. As you pointed out, they already raped Boba Fett's character with AotC. I have a feeling this will be a movie capitalizing on everything that made Boba Fett such a popular character to begin with. Setting it between ANH/ESB would be perfect since it wouldn't interfere with SotE. I don't care if they have Morrison do his voice again even though I absolutely DETESTED that change on the 2004 DVDs.

As for the Han Solo movie, I'm admittedly a bit more skeptical about that. But again, it's not "kid" Han Solo. It's young adult Han Solo. It's all about casting. Liam Hemsworth looks good for the part. I haven't seen him in anything though so not sure about his acting ability though.

Actually no, he's about the best choice of any known actor out there. Han has got to be able to mouth off to infernal characters like Jabba the Hutt and boss wookiees around and still be a charming ladies man. Cocky and yet able to immediately furrow his brow in a "who me?" look when things don't go well. Can't think of anyone who fits that bill better than Reynolds.

Picture him in Han's Bespin outfit arms open wide greeting a buddy like Lando. He could pull it off. The age is an issue though, he'd have to be Han within a couple years of ANH. I wouldn't want to see him before he "acquired" the Falcon anyway.
I'm not a fan.. :huh :lol

As far as I'm concerned, there should be an indefinite moratorium put on him for being involved in any Sci-Fi or comic book related films. :lol

I know the guy can act - I'm not just ignorantly dismissing that. However in no way, does he even remotely come close to having some sort of resemblance to Ford or his characteristics or demeanor, let alone authentically do the Solo character justice.

I always thought David Boreanaz from Angel and Bones would make a great Indy, and therefore a good Han. Unfortunately he's getting old too. 43.

Liam Hemsworth seems like an okay suggestion. He should definitely be in the mid twenties age bracket. I dunno. It probably has to go to an unknown or some stage actor or something. I just hope they steer away from a prettyboy with a real light, funny demeanor, and focus more on Han's tougher side.

m8PatdA.gif

Reynolds is way too cheesy/hammy for my tastes, and gives off an obnoxious frat boy vibe that Ford never has. Pretty sure I wouldn't see the movie if Reynolds were in the role.

Sorry guys but bandying around the names of actors for younger Han Solo is stupid and pointless. The only credible way any studio could pull this off is with an unknown.

I don't think it'll be a complete unknown. Definately someone more famous than Hayden was IMO.

If John Carter didn't bomb so badly for Disney I would be recommending Taylor Kitsch for young Han, but man there's no way Disney goes to him again.

Kitsch is wrong for the part. To be fair he takes a lot of crap he doesn't deserve, so I'm not saying he can't be in a SW film. Just not as Han.

John Carter was actually a good film. If Disney had left PIXAR's name on it would have been a big hit.

Kitsch is wrong for the part. To be fair he takes a lot of crap he doesn't deserve, so I'm not saying he can't be in a SW film. Just not as Han.

Oh man, I couldn't disagree with you more. If watch Friday Night Lights you will see he plays the brash, misunderstood, devil may care, ladies man, bad boy with heart in right place really well.

Van Wilder is the definitive Reynolds role. Kind of sums him up in my opinion.

Meh. Green Lantern showed that he can dial it back. Tom Hanks gained fame in wacky sitcoms and party movies. You can say Hanks is a better actor but "cocky scoundrel" isn't exactly the biggest stretch for Reynolds.

It'll never happen obviously but he is the best "known" actor I can think of. Lightyears better than casting Han with a personality devoid Hemsworth brother.

Back