The official "I GOT DARTH MAUL 12" thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IrishJedi had an interesting point on RS so I thought I'd post it here. Hope you don't mind, Irish...

Interesting to note that the article in STAR WARS INSIDER mentioned that the Darth Maul figure was "$49.99" and the Sith Droid Accessory Pack was "$29.99". Yet when theyt went up for pre-order, they were at $54.99 and $24.99 respectively. I wonder if SSC noticed the squawking at that $29.99 price and decided to drop it by $5 and compensate by raising the price of Maul the same $5.

Hmmm...

Wor-Gar said:
IrishJedi had an interesting point on RS so I thought I'd post it here. Hope you don't mind, Irish...

Interesting to note that the article in STAR WARS INSIDER mentioned that the Darth Maul figure was "$49.99" and the Sith Droid Accessory Pack was "$29.99". Yet when theyt went up for pre-order, they were at $54.99 and $24.99 respectively. I wonder if SSC noticed the squawking at that $29.99 price and decided to drop it by $5 and compensate by raising the price of Maul the same $5.

Hmmm...

I don't want the droids so I wish Maul would have stayed at $50... oh well.

I think Dusty mentioned that the price wasn't set in stone when the SWI ad first appeared.

Batty said:
I think Dusty mentioned that the price wasn't set in stone when the SWI ad first appeared.

Nothing is set in stone.

But perhaps the switch came in response to people's opinion of the price, eager to spend on Maul, not so eager to spend on the droids. In the end, SS got their price.

And I happily paid.

Wor-Gar said:
Nothing is set in stone.

But perhaps the switch came in response to people's opinion of the price, eager to spend on Maul, not so eager to spend on the droids. In the end, SS got their price.

And I happily paid.
I hear ya brother.

Were there any coupons available this time? I couldn't find any in the podcast My order came out to $94.47 after shipping and tax. $79.98 for the product. $8.10 shipping and $6.39 tax.

What I wanted to say in the other topic was this:

my.php

there is something wrong with the figure that is disturbing

I'm happy!
I got mine no worries at all, and my first exclusive! no, I mean inclusive!
Well, I get the extra bits anyway.

Now to tell me wife....

:eek:

Scriff

DarthRamuk said:
I think it's the waist and shoulder proportions. I guess it's a bit off.
DarthRamuk, Not sure about Sideshow's timeline on the Maul final production to clean up these minor yet obvious matters.

I hope SS takes the time to review at least the comments that are being mentioned and if time allows them revise the overall dimensions of the base body.

Yet if SS can not or will not make any changes on there prototype due to production time constraints then in time I'm sure there may be some kit bashing, body swapping that will be going on!

What are your thoughts on this Freaks world wide? :maul

Last edited:
Customikey said:
It occurs to me that if the edition ends up being too big (based on the pre-orders), they'll probably shrink the order window for future releases just so the factory isn't overwhelmed.

Came home from doing a show, turned on the comp, ordered up, no fuss.

Thanks Sideshow!!

I wonder if they might tighten up the cancellation policy for items sold on an "inclusive" edition basis - given the preorders are determining the edition size. It would be interesting to see how the cancellation rate compares with Sideshow's average.

LordAzrael said:
I wonder if they might tighten up the cancellation policy for items sold on an "inclusive" edition basis - given the preorders are determining the edition size. It would be interesting to see how the cancellation rate compares with Sideshow's average.

i've wonder the same thing. Could this be the start of cancellation fees?? I really hope not.

Cool. Oaf like new ordering system. Oaf have more time to wake up and drink coffee.
Okay, the head's a little out of proportion, but this is the rub: if you make the head more proportionate it might look too small when he's wearing all his robes. Doesn't bother me enough to not buy it. I still think it kicks all kinds of ass (Just not Obi-Wan's).

I think Sideshow should put up a counter to show the number of orders for their inclusive editions so we collectors can get an idea of the edition size.

If not, how about posting the number of orders once the inclusive period ends.

Probably not going to happen, but you never know....

student_toe5 said:
i've wonder the same thing. Could this be the start of cancellation fees?? I really hope not.

i hope not either... it would end up hurting sideshow in the long run because i think many people would quit pre-ordering them. i know i would most definately. because the only reason i have ever cancelled a pre-order was because i couldnt afford something.

swiftlikessharpthings said:
I still think it kicks all kinds of ass (Just not Obi-Wan's).

Amen to that.

I loved ordering through the new Inclusive system. I logged on around 9:20 last night and placed my order with no problem.

It couldn't have been easier. Thanks Sideshow for fixing the problem. I love this company.

Even though it wasn't really necessary with the new ordering system I stayed up until 2:00 am UK time and got my orders in straight away,which is how things should always be. $25 doesn't seem so bad for the Probe Droids especially with the extra desert base that comes with the Inclusive version. Darth Maul himself looks amazing and until Sideshow do someone like Boba Fett he will be the figure I'm looking forward to receiving most. I really don't care how many the edition size for the Inclusive version ends up being as I collect for the enjoyment of it not for what the figures may gain in value in years to come or to boast to others that I have certain figures that they don't. Anything that makes it easier for people to get figures at the regular price without resorting to buying off ebay scalpers has got to be a good thing and full credit to Sideshow for taking the steps to make this possible.

Hmmm...actually, I havent ordered yet :monkey1

I absolutely want Maul. But I'm not so sure I want the droids. Seems abit much to pay $20 for 3 black balls on a stick. And I also dont know what I should do with them. The way I want to pose Maul is him fighting Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. So no use for the droids really.... But I keep thinking that those Tattooine bases will come in handy at some point! Why dont they just sell Star Wars bases seperatly? Like a Hoth base and a Death Star base and a Endor base or something....

I'll prob end up buying both Maul and droids though, just to get my hands on those 2 Tattooine bases :monkey3

Back