The Official Gears Of War 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why go to the store and pick it up at all, why not just order on-line and have it delivered. I bet you two get mad when kids walk on your lawn. :nana: :D

I never understood midnight launches. :dunno...

...I see no point in waiting to get a game and go home just to go to sleep. Some people stay up and play but I have a life and can't do that. So I can just wait until the morning. Let the uber geeks wait two hours to get theirs and I'll get it the next day and be in and out in five minutes.

Why go to the store and pick it up at all, why not just order on-line and have it delivered. I bet you two get mad when kids walk on your lawn. :nana: :D

____ no! I love it when kids run around on my yard. The best part is watching them step in dog shat. :rotfl

Yeah I used to go to midnight launches but now I dont know if its just age or what, but I would get my game jam out for a few hours then crash. Now as others have stated, I just cant do that anymore...unless I have the next day off I gotta be able to get up for work, lol.

The last midnight release I went to was COD - MW2. I talked to the guy at Best Buy over the weekend and he told me they were giving away shirts and other random goodies which it tempted me to just try and get a shirt, but like I said I know my brain will say sleep is more important than a shirt...plus I already have a Gears 3 shirt.

There's nothing wrong with going to a midnight launch. :dunno
Hell I'd be going if I could :rotfl , it's not like you NEED to go , if you're going for a laugh , can afford it and enjoy it then why not.

You do see some ridiculous people at things like midnight launches but that's all part of the fun and if they're not hurting anyone and have the balls to be dressed up as Marcus Fenix running around town then more power to them. :lol

Thats how I feel about it as well. You go to just about anything and you'll see strange folks. So a couple odd balls not hurting anyone at a video game release is no big deal.

hatergif.gif

Thats how I feel about it as well. You go to just about anything and you'll see strange folks. So a couple odd balls not hurting anyone at a video game release is no big deal.

The funniest thing is at the launches I've been to it seems like a great gaming community when in reality it's most likely once they're all back in the comfort of their own home with their headsets on they're all aggressive hard men again. :lol:rotfl

My shat better be here on the 20thnew I don't get amazon I didn't even choose release day shipping for starwars and got them day after launch so with release day shipping you wouild think I would get my system on 20opening it dose say delivery date 20 but I don't know

Last edited:
The funniest thing is at the launches I've been to it seems like a great gaming community when in reality it's most likely once they're all back in the comfort of their own home with their headsets on they're all aggressive hard men again. :lol:rotfl

The GS I go to if you people watch you hear the ones you can tell that act that way online or play like the douchebags we all love to hate. :lol Its funny to watch I guess and something that I find somewhat amusing for whatever reason. This is only the third time I'll have gone to a midnight release so its not like I do this often. Really only for games I'm really over the top on wanting to get as quickly as I can.

My shat better be here on the 20thnew I don't get amazon I didn't even choose release day shipping for starwars and got them day after launch so with release day shipping you wouild think I would get my system on 20opening it dose say delivery date 20 but I don't knowledge

It will probably ship today so you have it tomorrow.

Just show up to the midnight release at 12:30 or later, you still might have to wait in line....but most of the hyperventilating people should be gone, should be.

I wonder if the game will have any avatar awards.

I know of these:

Unlock Marcus's Doo-Rag - Bronze Tour of Duty (Beat the campaign on Casual)
Unlock Locust Drone Mask - Earn the "Welcome to Beast Mode" acheivement.
Unlock Horde Shirt - Earn the "Welcome to Horde Mode" achievement.

Last edited:
Cool. My avatar still has a dead space 2 shirt on so it's about time for a change. :hi5:

If you wanted all the downloadable content the cheapest option would be :

Season pass , 2400 points - £20.56 - $30.00
Gun skins , 3600 points - £30.84 - $45.00

That's £51.40 - $75.00. :google

Imagine how much they're going to make off of this. :google

Honestly if it was one of a few games I was interested in over the new few months I'd probably buy the gun skins but with so much coming out over the next few months I can't justify the price of another full game for my guns to look a little different in gears.
Hopefully after a good few months they'll lower the price a little or they'll go up in one of those xbox half price deal things.

I do. I live on a corner and people cut through my yard all the time. I turn the sprinklers on when I catch someone doing it.

They are actually having a midnight launch at the Game Stop about 3 blocks from my house. But I'm not going. I gotta work late tonight and I already took tomorrow off from work, so I'll just have to wait until it opens tomorrow morning.

Got the Epic Edition coming and I may pick up one of the wireless controllers.

Back