The OFFICIAL BLADE RUNNER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There’s a Spinner in the trash dump in one scene. I don’t think it is any more part of the Blade Runner universe than the Discover pod in Phantom menace is a part of the 2001: a space odyssey universe.

Soldier has a few Blade Runner references- Kurt Russell's character was a veteran of the battles of Tannhauser Gate and Shoulder of Orion.
It also contains references to the Aliens Universe- Russell's character having been trained in the use of the M41A Pulse Rifle and USMC Smartgun.

I posted this in the Customs forum a few minutes ago, but I thought I might get more attention here.

Ben and I have been at a Deckard figure for years. I've always loved Blade Runner. First exposed to the Director's Cut in 2000 or 2001 on the Sci-Fi Channel, I've owned a DVD copy of the DC, a bootleg DVD of the Theatrical release, and I now have the Blade Runner box set with the briefcase.

In fact, Ben never saw BR until 2004. A few days prior to watching the film, I showed him Tony DiTerlizzi's Deckard custom:
td-ah-4.jpg

https://www.rebelscum.com/tony2.asp
He immediately knew we must make this figure.

Anyway, to the figure. It's the Android Hunter clothes, of course. We switched the body over from a BBI G2 to a Saturday Toys body. The belt and shoes are also from the Saturday Toys suit figure. Ben removed the old silver buttons a couple of years ago and replaced them with properly scaled buttons. The most crucial part to this figure over the years has been the head. We've used the Jim Maddox Deckard sculpt for the longest, then the Android Hunter V2 head, and I paid a ridiculous amount for Jim Maddox's latest Deckard sculpt. None of them looked good enough. Thank God for Paul Carson! I bought one of Paul's sculpts and Ben painted it up today.

Without further adieu...

JoshandBensRickDeckardV34.jpg

JoshandBensRickDeckardV317.jpg

JoshandBensRickDeckardV320.jpg

JoshandBensRickDeckardV322.jpg

JoshandBensRickDeckardV36.jpg

JoshandBensRickDeckardV1vsV3.jpg

Thank you so much, Paul! We now have a near perfect Deckard. I may upgrade to BlindVoyeur's BR outfit. That is he's still making them by the time I have enough money.:lol

Oh, it looks like I have an opportunity to start the lifelong Blade Runner debate here: Is Rick Deckard a replicant? I say NO!

That's a big difference between the last two shots. Looks nice. I have the Hero Heads Deckard on mine which is pretty nice, but I do prefer that sculpt.

...Thank God for Paul Carson! I bought one of Paul's sculpts and Ben painted it up today.

Without further adieu...

JoshandBensRickDeckardV34.jpg

JoshandBensRickDeckardV322.jpg

JoshandBensRickDeckardV1vsV3.jpg

Thank you so much, Paul! We now have a near perfect Deckard. I may upgrade to BlindVoyeur's BR outfit. That is he's still making them by the time I have enough money.:lol

Oh, it looks like I have an opportunity to start the lifelong Blade Runner debate here: Is Rick Deckard a replicant? I say NO!

Thanks for posting these images Fusion. It looks KICKASS with Paul's Deckard resculpt. I have one coming from D.A. for my BlindVoyeur clothing set to replace my Android Hunter, but D.A.'s is more of the 'wet-head-end-of-film' look. I just might have to get Paul's sculpt to be more of a 'Rick Deckard on the town when it's NOT raining' type of look! :lol

Looks fantastic! Great job to you guys!

I hope Hot Toys or Sideshow get the license one day. Deckard is high on my wish list. I considered the Android Hunter figure, but I wasn't thrilled. And I don't know if I can devote the resources to bashing one together, let alone have it come out as great as yours did!

Thanks guys! We are much happier with it now than when we started.

Thanks for posting these images Fusion. It looks KICKASS with Paul's Deckard resculpt. I have one coming from D.A. for my BlindVoyeur clothing set to replace my Android Hunter, but D.A.'s is more of the 'wet-head-end-of-film' look. I just might have to get Paul's sculpt to be more of a 'Rick Deckard on the town when it's NOT raining' type of look! :lol

Thanks. Yeah, Paul's resculpt completely overhauled this figure. You should definitely pick it up.

Looks fantastic! Great job to you guys!

I hope Hot Toys or Sideshow get the license one day. Deckard is high on my wish list. I considered the Android Hunter figure, but I wasn't thrilled. And I don't know if I can devote the resources to bashing one together, let alone have it come out as great as yours did!

Thanks, Jim. We love these types of responses.:D

Man, that is awesome!!! Paul's headsculpt looks great and it's been very well painted I might add. Great job guys!

I found that one custom Deckard, again, at ABC-Express on eBay. 1:6 HARRISON FORD BLADE RUNNER FIGURE

At closer inspection I see that the outfit is NOT from the Android Hunter. Although, You can tell there are two heads. In one photo, they are side-by-side, each on a body. The trench coat on the left one looks almost identical the the Android Hunter's. Overall the AH coat is more accurate.

Back