Blade Runner Please...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potato

Super Freak
Reaction score
I don't know why so far no companies have gotten their rights to do a Blade Runner.

I mean Fujimi has gotten the Spinner & vehicle licenses, so does Medicom, and i think Kyosho or what is doing a 1:43 completed Spinner.

So why not a 1:6 figure?

SS, HT & Medicom have being doing Harrison Ford figs (Indy, Star Wars) so why not a Blade Runner? It's not like Ridley Scott or the film company doesn't approve since we can see Alien Figures, Predators etc, so why not Blade Runner?

I mean compared to Aliens/Terminator/Star Wars, Blade Runner is the epitome of Cyber Punk, I don't see how it would not sell. In fact it's a sin not to release them back when 1:6 was still at infant stage.

Sure there's great works from Blade Hunters but I want an affordable Blade Runner. :gah:

*PS: If it's really that difficult to get a Blade Runner License, does SS ever gonna consider Konami's Snatcher? Please.....

I'm starting to sound like a broken record but Spencer did quite a good one for a pretty reasonable price. Not sure if he would make you one but worth asking.

I know there are great Deckard but i want something more affordable & something easier to get. Those good customs sell out pretty quick and can only reach those niche collectors but not every blade runner fan.

Why not SS contact Konami and do some Snatcher/Policenauts would be great since HT & Medicom is doing MGS.

I'm starting to sound like a broken record but Spencer did quite a good one for a pretty reasonable price. Not sure if he would make you one but worth asking.

It's been said over and over and over again, that likeness rights for the actors in the film are not available.

You cannot go past Velvet Morning's Range of Blade Runner figures - Expensive yes, and small runs, but these are the ultimate figures for Blade Runner. They will not get any better than that!

Save your money and track them down. You won't need anything else 'Blade Runner' after them (assuming you have everything else :lol) ...
4.jpg

Last edited:
You cannot go past Velvet Morning's Range of Blade Runner figures - Expensive yes, and small runs, but these are the ultimate figures for Blade Runner. They will not get any better than that!

Save your money and track them down. You won't need anything else 'Blade Runner' after them (assuming you have everything else :lol) ...
4.jpg

Amazing figures...his Rachel is simply amazing

Velvet Morning's stuff is tops. Shame I wasn't collecting at the time or I'd have made sure to pick-up Deckard, Batty and Rachael. Unfortunately, picking them up aftermarket is not going to be feasible for the majority of people interested in the franchise and I'd be surprised to see anyone that bought this stuff being willing to sell, to be honest. It's not the kind of product that someone would buy impulsively and then want to unload later.

Interesting to hear also that the likeness rights are simply not available. How is that possible? Blade Runner would make some pretty big money in the hands of Hot Toys or Sideshow. Anyone know precisely why something can't be worked out?

Well who actually holds the license to Blade Runner? That would be the first place to check. As for the likeness rights, actors sign new agreements for individual films or as a group of projects lumped together. Depending on the terms of each agreement, likeness rights may or may not be optioned. Harrison Ford did not option his likeness rights to the studio for Blade Runner like he did for Star Wars and Indy.

Therefore only he has the right to say yes or no to Blade Runner product featuring his likeness. And then it further depends on his relationship with other parties that may profit from product with his likeness attached. If they don't get along for whatever reason than the issue passes to their respective estates once they all kick the bucket.

Back