The OFFICIAL BLADE RUNNER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excited for the new movie next year, I got inspired to finally update my Toys Syndicate Android Hunter v.1, which I’ve owned since it was first released. So I got a v.2 head from here a few years ago and finally got around to overhauling the figure. I repainted the head, changed the pants to dark brown ones from Sideshow Col. Hogan, replaced the body with a generic narrow-shoulder one, modified a pair of HT Barney Ross shoes to render the flat soles of Deckard’s Adidas referee shoes, but with magnets embedded in them to help the figure stand on the “Ridleyville” base I made. I also added brass square tubes in the right calf to support the figure in running poses. The base itself is comprised of a 10x18 background, a 6x10 foreground that's a laser-cut photo statuette that I custom ordered, and a wood structure sandwiched in-between the images, with a screwed on, thin metal plate for the figure's magnetic feet. Painful to live in fear, isn't it? :lol

30857077011_a501092fe7_b.jpg
22766534158_8279038ca8_b.jpg

22766533398_bfd665f7b7_b.jpg
30857074971_39894d3046_b.jpg

Last edited:
I so hope next year Hot Toys and Neca will finally be able to acquire this tied up licence. What a dream come true it would be two own every character from the first film, as well as a Spinner. I'd buy them all. Deckard, Rachel (black and white dress with coats), Roy, Chew, J.F. Sebastian, two Pris variants, Tyrell (bedrobe), Zhora and Leon. Bring them on!

Need some advise, fellas.

How much do you guys think the Deckard and Batty from Brother Productions are worth these days? I have a chance to buy both and I'm just wondering what they're going for as I don't see many being sold.

Managed to work out a deal for both figures and the guy is also working on the packaging for some action figures.
Thought I'd share this with you guys,

$_57.JPG

Guys I got the chance to get an Android hunter V1 for $50 bucks without the box but the plan its to use only the outfit

my question is what kind of body do you recommend for this kitbash??

I was always impressed with the quality of this outfit and now that I found one on a japanese auction I couldnt resist

‘Blade Runner’ and ‘The Expanse’ Merchandise Coming From Striker Entertainment​

BY RACHEL LEISHMAN
PUBLISHED 19 HOURS AGO

Alcon Entertainment has hired Striker Entertainment to handle the licensing of merchandise based on the Blade Runner franchise, with an emphasis on the upcoming animated Adult Swim series Blade Runner: Black Lotus and Amazon Prime's The Expanse. Alcon Entertainment owns the rights to the Ridley Scott creation and as his world continues to grow, this new merchandise will likely keep fans of Blade Runner excited.

Alcon co-founders and Co-CEOs Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove seem to be incredibly excited about the partnership. And it is exciting to finally have some Blade Runner merch coming our way. "We are thrilled to continue to expand the Blade Runner universe beyond the screen and create incredible merchandise for Blade Runner fans in partnership with Striker Entertainment," said Johnson and Kosove in a press release. Striker Entertainment has previously worked with products based on such brands as The Walking Dead, Five Nights at Freddy's, The Umbrella Academy, and Ozark, just to name a few.

They also went on to talk about merchandise for the popular series The Expanse. "Furthermore, The Expanse fans have been clamoring for more opportunities to own products associated with the show and we trust Striker Entertainment will take great care of them." Blade Runner: Black Lotus will be releasing later in 2021 on Adult Swim. The Expanse will release its sixth season on Amazon Prime Video this fall.

The Blade Runner franchise includes the 1982 film by Scott starring Harrison Ford as Rick Deckard. It spawned plenty of theories from fans of all ages and led to the 2017 film Blade Runner: 2049 starring Ford and Ryan Gosling. It's a future unlike our own but set in a world where replicants threaten the existence of humanity and is frankly one of the best science fiction stories in film.

While it's unclear when we will see the first products from this new line of merchandise, the continuation of the Blade Runner franchise, and the opportunity for new merchandise within that series, as well as The Expanse, makes this a great time to be a fan of both of these sci-fi worlds.

https://collider.com/blade-runner-the-expanse-merchandise-striker-entertainment/

Interesting! While Striker probably won't do 1/6, it could mean that maybe HT or some other 1/6 company can legitimately get the rights to produce a figure.

Interesting! While Striker probably won't do 1/6, it could mean that maybe HT or some other 1/6 company can legitimately get the rights to produce a figure.

They sound like a middle man, bringing opportunities to license holders and developing them.

Their product gallery that shows they're into everything from collectables, video games and even theme park rides:

https://www.strikerentertainment.com/product-gallery/

There's every chance they could reach out to someone like Hot Toys.

The issue is likely the same as it always was, those original contracts that Alcon had, never included likeness rights.

The issue is likely the same as it always was, those original contracts that Alcon had, never included likeness rights.
Way to rain on the parade SwedishHeat! :mad:

:p

That is a good point, though. But I'll hold out hope that they have finally sorted that out, or found a way around it.

Though it did initially perk my ears up, I'm now thinkin' it feels more like they'll be focusing on the upcoming cartoon project.

I am confused that anyone on this thread is actually under the impression that there is ANY possibility that Hot Toys will develop or release figures based on Blade Runner.
If they do…everyone’s Deckard is on me! But you’re on your own for the Batty, Leon, Pris, JF Sebastian, Tyrell, Rachael, Gaff, Tyrell, Bryant, and 1/6 scale Spinner and 1/6 scale rooftop finale play set that Hot Toys will release all at once to complete the entire line on day one.

This license seems to be a mess. These are never going to be Marvel/Star Wars-level sellers, but I'm sure there are companies that would love it on. I do have Scott's Peterson's Deckard, Roy, Pris and Rachel from way back when, plus the knockoff Deckard on order, but would buy into a well done new line in a heartbeat.

Back